All times are UTC

Post subject: easy weopon pickup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the most annoying thing is the weopon pickup in tc:e in my opinion,
its so difficult... you have stand really narrowbetween the weopon to be able to pick up the waopon,
the weopon pickup system is too accurate it could be a little less accurate, it could be more "FALSE", you can get killed easily for trying to pick up a weopon on the floor in dangerous situations, and not only is it difficult, its also unrealistic, real humans are able to pickup a weopon from the floor without standing in the exact right position,

now lets say this is the current weopon pickup system of tc:e:
its sepose to be a topdown view, you have to stand near the red oval to be able to pickup the rifle,

what i suggest is a less accurate weopon pickup system and a bit more "FALSE" pickup,

example:

if the distance could be expanded more to be able to pick up a weopon from the floor like the distance of that red oval i drew from the example above, than it would be more realistic, not only realistic it also improves the gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you can pick it up from farther away, it just takes a little practice.

also, I like the current distance. it makes it more realistic, as your arms can only go so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

At least you don't have to crouch to pick guns up, I've had to do that in at least 1 (crappy) game, not a very fun concept. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
At least you don't have to crouch to pick guns up, I've had to do that in at least 1 (crappy) game, not a very fun concept. :?

sometimes i even have to crawl to pick up the weopon, tc:e's weopon pickup system is way too accurate, allot of people get killed because they have difficulties picking up a weopon from the floor, this could be improved IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the only thing I have to say is:

IRL if you go to pick up a weapon, chances are you'll get killed.

also, once you get used to it, it becomes second hand. I personally can pick up a weapon and return fire on a target 90% of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

only an idiot tries to grab a gun when being shot at... wait till the coast is clear first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:43 am 
Expert
Expert

JesusFreak wrote:
only an idiot tries to grab a gun when being shot at... wait till the coast is clear first.

Agreed.

Dragon, if you are having to crawl to pick up guns, I suggest you stop playing online and go practice offline. Spawn, open console, type in /kill, press enter, and then try picking up that gun you just dropped from as far away as possible.

I have only ever run into trouble when there are multiple guns in the same spot, and I pick up the wrong one - 90% of the time its the empty one :lol: - and end up taking longer to pick up the gun I want, or get killed becuase I coudn't reload quick enough to return fire at the lucky straggler who just came round the corner with his fully loaded MP5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

JesusFreak wrote:

thats logical afcourse, but while you are trying to pickup a rifle when you think the coast is clear... big chance that you could be serounded by enemy's in no time. cause picking up a weopon in tc:e is the same thing like an amputee with no hands thats trying to pick up something from the floor,

try to drop an object on the floor, you will notice that you could pickup the object from the floor with out standing in the exact right position,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:57 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

dude its super simple to pick up guns in this game. you can be running and just rapidly click F and you get your gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
sometimes i even have to crawl to pick up the weopon....

Sounds to me like you just need to practice a little, I can pick up guns easy, and I barely play TC:E at all these days (I just occasionally have a problem remebering what key I set it to :lol:).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
Sounds to me like you just need to practice a little,.

if you need to practice to pick up a gun from the floor in real life, than you must be pretty retarded, so letting people practice to pick up the gun in tc:e isnt really realistic, this game sepose to be realistic you know... not retardistic,

so to have a more easier less accurate weopon pickup system like i suggested would improve the gameplay and the realism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

as it is, it's good. if you ask me, increasing i would be unrealistic, because as it is, you're picking up something from the ground at a full stand, without bending, which is nearly impossible for most people at the ranges.

and you know what, IRL you don't need to practice how to move around. but you do in games. practice is a part of gaming. it's the difference between realism-fun and ralism-screw this I'm never playing TC:E again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:59 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
if you need to practice to pick up a gun from the floor in real life, than you must be pretty retarded
also know as if you need to practice to pick up a gun from the floor is TC:E than you are pretty retarded (and its then)
are you retarded dragonathan?

and picking up a gun off the floor isn't as fast as TC:E shows it to be. you have to bend over grab it the fix its position then uncrouch and but it on your shoulder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

JesusFreak wrote:
also know as if you need to practice to pick up a gun from the floor is TC:E than you are pretty retarded (and its then)
are you retarded dragonathan?

and picking up a gun off the floor isn't as fast as TC:E shows it to be. you have to bend over grab it the fix its position then uncrouch and but it on your shoulder.

i dont need any practice all im saying is that i have often difficulties picking up a weopon from the floor, even when im standing in the exact right position,
if you look at some players that are trying to pick up a weopon from the floor, you will notice that it sometimes take 3 or 4 seconds for him to pickup the weopon from the floor, and as i said, you should try to drop an object on the floor in real life, you will notice that you can pick it up in less than 1 second, and without standing extremely narrow between the object,

so yea... tc:e's picking up system is pretty much retarded, and really unrealistic, in real life people dont have to figure out how to pickup something from the floor if they want too, real humans can pickup an object from the floor very easy you know unless you have no arms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm 
High Master
High Master

I have never had trouble picking up a gun. Even when I am in the middle of a gun fight. If I run out of ammo, I will run out to a gun in the open so that I can have a chance to kill who ever is shooting at me, and it works about 75% of the time. I pick up guns while running past them, and sprinting. I don't think there is a problem with the range that you can pick up guns at, just a problem with you.

I mean seriously, if I can do it flawlessly while sprinting and being shot at. Then you should at lest be able to do it while sitting still and not being shot at.