All times are UTC

Post subject: VOTE TCE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

VOTE TC:E, they made it through the finals, if you have voted before you can vote again,

http://mods.moddb.com/3824/truecombatelite/

keep spreading the news and tell evryone to vote TCE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the fun thing is, you can vote for 3 mods. so gmod, BM:S and TC:E all got my vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:05 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I voted! :)

:moon:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'z voted aswell.

Voted for TC:E and Tremulous. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

tremulous is gonna win, you cant beat something that has a large player base, thats impossible to beat, but TC:E has a chance to get the second and the third place though,

just a suggestion:
perhaps the P.R's could do something to increase the player base of TC:E,
like putting attractive banners on some popular websites, TC:E's advertising could use some improvement, ive been in a wesbite where you could see an TC:E advertisement banner, and it looked horrible, dont know who designed it, but its really ugly, i dont think you can expect allot of clicks by making such ugly banner.

banners/advertisement does give a little boost on the popularity, many of you will think that the chance that someone will click a banner is very small, true... it's a small chance but you also know that 1 out of 1000 people that saw the banner will probably click, and evry click counts, if 1 person that plays TC:E because he was influenced by an advertisement/banner, than that 1 person can give a mouth to mouth advertisement to all his friends and family,

so 1 click could get you 3 or 4 more people or maybe more to expand tc:e's player base, you dont need 100,000 clicks, 50 clicks is really sufficient enough. to get allot of clicks you gotta put allot of eye-candy's in the banners/advertisements,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I don't think trem'll win. I'd bet gmod would be among the leaders, followed by some other HL2 mods. (BMS, is also on my list of predicted winners, as they're getting fairly close to beta time) but TC:E might be on the list too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ive tried tremulous,

my review:

people that like to play this game and voted for this game are people with no taste of quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

IMO, trmulous looks and sounds good,, but I'm just too lazy to set it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:19 pm 
High Master
High Master

It shouldn't be that hard to set up, and is certainly easier to set up than TCE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I didn't say it was hard, just that I'm lazy ;) I tried it once with my old GPU and got a nasty bug with it (got a similar one in ET, but not to the same extent) so I uninstalled it. when I get time, I'll re-install.

but anyhoo, garrys mod is going to gett in the top 10. I'll bet on that (hell, valve sells gmod 10 on steam)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
It shouldn't be that hard to set up, and is certainly easier to set up than TCE.

its not about the setup, its about the whole game design, its totally crap, bad hud design bad interface very amateuristic looks, i dont see any potential in tremulous, and the developers of tremulous are very untalented,

if you like those type of sci-fi arcade games i suggest you should try out warsow.
www.warsow.net
^warsow has better game designs better graphics better huds better interfaces and better gameplay^, a game made by talented developers and it has potential unlike tremulous :roll:

and why is it called tremulous? it should be called ridiculous, and instead of that spider logo they use they should use a logo with an image of a retarded kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I've locked this because it was getting too off topic, and becoming too immature. if you have a beef with a game, keep it to yourself. frankly, I think World of Warcraft is a pile of crap, but I have the decency and maturity of a 7 year old, so I know how to hold my tongue. I suggest you learn to do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i knew TC:e wouldnt win, the models doesnt even fit with the whole theme anymore, especially the terrorist models, it doesnt flow along with the map design, i saw allot of complains about the horrible models,

i wish the devs would care more about the visuals, "im not talking about the maps only but overall designs"

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you know why TC:E lost? because YOU said it would lose.

besides, have you seen goldeneye:source (the #2 mod)

it. looks. like. crap.

the animations look like crap, the new weapon models look like they were done for the quake 2 engine, and the only redeeming factor I see is the bond models, which are basically re-skinned g-man models. hell, the original goldeneye looks better.

then why did it make 2nd, you ask? because (suprise) it's fun to play.

plus, I think winning MOTY for any game on this engine is impossible now (only 3 non-source mods made it in any category) and TC:E is still a beta. it still needs tweaking in the stuff that is more fun than looking at

TC:Es gameplay needs MAJOR tweaks, and there are still plenty of bugs out there. what would you rather do, stare ate amazing models with 10 FPS because the game crashes whenever you try to play it, or have a sh** load of fun, laugh, cry, etc. and forget that you're playing on an engine that's already stretched to, and beyond, the limit.

the ONLY way to get a major increase in "eye candy" quality would be a move to a heavier engine, FEAR, DooM3 or Source, which are out of the question as they are not free. ET is the best engine choice ******BY FAR****** because it's advanced, free, open source, free, has a fairly large community, it's FREE, and it's open source.

a move to quake 3 would knock quality down, and become redundant, with 2 TC projects on the engine, and a move to anything better would remove 80% of the desire (as in, low system requirements, still looking good, and price)

and call me bitter, but having tons of good looking stuff would bring in a TON of n00bs, and I would get ANOTHER 50 questions a day on little bugs, with fixes already posted, and problems with installing the most basic of patches. add that to a heavy course load, development of a mod, and the rest of life, and you get someone who will snap into a homicidal rage (I've almost done it before. finals and all the other stress almost put me over the edge.)

in other words:

eye candy = the best it is
gameplay needs improvement first
bugs need fixing
attracting more players would kill the moderators and developers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:24 pm 
High Master
High Master

it wrote:
having tons of good looking stuff would bring in a TON of n00bs, and I would get ANOTHER 50 questions a day on little bugs, with fixes already posted, and problems with installing the most basic of patches. add that to a heavy course load, development of a mod, and the rest of life, and you get someone who will snap into a homicidal rage (I've almost done it before. finals and all the other stress almost put me over the edge.)

Dragonathan, imagine the forums with about 50 people who make as many suggestions as you do. If that were to happen then not one idea would ever get read because the post will fall into the grave yard faster than you can refresh the page.

Sorry to those who can imagine what it would look like.