All times are UTC

Post subject: new bodycount concept.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok some of you people will remember that i suggested this:
Dragonathan wrote:
im getting tired of most game developers making the bodycount stupid and pointless,
you cant even have a real clan-war with the bodycount game mode,
well i have a suggestion for this,

its all about the players scores,
the players scores can make a big big difference for the hole gameplay,

the reason why bodycount is boring and pointless, and why there is no teamplay feel in bodycount, is because of the players-scores,

you have to try to get a high score "for youself"
wich is basicly stupid and brainless, cause you sepose to win from terror/specop,

solution:
make each individual players score for contribute each score for the hole team instead for them self,

so instead of this:
-------------------------------
[TERRORIST]___ | _____[SPECOP]
player1. 33 ------ | ------ player1. 44
player2. 10 ------ | ------ player2. 7
player3. 5. ------- | ------ player3. -8
ect. ect.

--------------------------------

it should be like this:
[TERRORIST 48]__|__[SPECOP 43]
as you can see the score of each individual player is summerized for the hole team:

TERRORIST 33+10+5 = 48
SPECOP 44 + 7 - 8 = 43

this is more fun because it makes bodycount a more teamplay-game mode, and it makes this game-mode have more sense,
plus... you can have clan-wars with this new bodycount system,

p.s. time limit of this bodycount system should be 7 minutes, maximum 10 minutes,
---------------------------------------------------------

any opinions?

some of you didnt agree because allot of people wanna have their own scores "witch is reasonable because if you worked really hard to get a high score than you would mind that it would be shared" so its understanable

so i refined the hole idea and i came up with something much better,
you should still be able to see scores from each individual player in the scoreboard,

but... you should see 2 scores on your display, terrorist's score and the specop's score all summerised together from each individual player.

something like this:

so you will still see the score of each individual on the scoreboard, but you can see the total score of 2 teams on your display, it should be somewhere on the right upper corner of your display.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it actually is like that, only it's not on the HUD. go to any established BC server, and you will see that the totals are NOT in the +10's, but in the -1000's. it is added up to the total after every round, and can go lower than a *thinks up analogy* really... low... thing?

though I would like to see it reset after every round.

(and just one tiny detail, the specops color is blue. just for further reference ;))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:38 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

All I want for the next version of bodycount is....... FREE FOR ALL.

It prolly wouldn't take much coding to implement (but I'm not a Dev, so I can't be truely sure), and it would be similar to the current team-based bodycount.... only you would be able to choose any character skin you want (terrorist or CT), and you would have the same weapons-earning system, only ALL weapons from BOTH sides would be available.
I only say this because I recently introduced TC:E to a new group of friends at school, and we only had 3 people playing for a good while (so it was 2 on 1, which is hardly fun).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:42 am 
Expert
Expert

Dragon, its a good idea, i think a centralised team total score on screan at all times would improve he teamplay a bit, because no one wants to be on the losing team, and you'll work harder to rectify it.

I also like the DM game type Muska suggested... though I dunno how that'd be realistic. I mean would you be able to choose the specops snow uniform on village? Maybe not, but even so, why would police be running around killing each other in northport and railhouse?

I guess if you could only choose terrorist skins (and this would require more skins for terrorists) then it could be seen as a gangwar gone wrong, or a fight for a drug case/WoMD, something like that...? Kinda like DM but also as 'Hold the Bag/Flag' where there is only one and you win by holding onto it the longest/last holding it at the end of the round/everyone has a set number of 'lives' so the last person alive wins regardless, but holding the bag gives a bonus score point to anyone you kill?

Okay, I'm now rambling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

In several cases, BC is a team free for all, basically, they should not really be scoring anyone in BC, BC is just like a shoot each other for the fun of it no scores are being counted. It is usualy in BC where cheaters (of all kinds) thrive even for some ridiculous points counted by the number of kills the make. That makes BC really susceptible to cheating. If there was no score and BC was played for fun or practise, then that is a way we can lessen the cheating that is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:07 am 
High Master
High Master

I think BC is fine how it is. It's a place to show off your individuality and a place to have a nice relaxing kill fest. If I want to do team work I'll go play CTF match, or even play a different game (because I hate single spawn) [/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well you should see how a TDM game in FEAR really becomes a team game when SLOWMO is available. SlowMo TDM in FEAR makes players paly as a closely knit team and very effective team. They are given the need to work together inorder to take control of the slowmo recharger, which gives the slowmo ability to whom even holds it and gives them speed advantage ove rthe entire opposing team.

What BC in TCE needs is a good reason for players to work together, obviously removing induvidual scoring wont really help. But if there was something that they could and need to work together to gain an advantage over the enemy in a legal gameplay sense (as in no cheating or exploit) that would pull players to work together to beneefit the team but in the end benefit themselves as what they really wanted. "If you want it, play as a team".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:44 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i agree wit Xenokiller cause takin away the individual scoring system would just make people angry cause they worked really hard to get the score that they have and those tkers dont give a F*** about other ppls scores they just kill their teammates to lower the other players score
*mod edit*language.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you have read my first post you would noticed that i didnt suggested to remove the individual scoring system

"cough" "cough" read please. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Quickest solution is to put something in BC other than the score that will make players want to work as a team, something similar to teh SLowMo charger of FEAR that amkes players work together to keep it under thier control for an unfair advantage over their enemy. Obviously we cant use a slowmo charger as that isnt realistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:08 pm 
Master
Master

Bodycount or Death Match as it's called in other games has always been lame especially in clan wars, Would it be something new and interesting not really I would rather see more immersing new minimods that require more skill and tactics then BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Karate Explosion wrote:
Bodycount or Death Match as it's called in other games has always been lame especially in clan wars, Would it be something new and interesting not really I would rather see more immersing new minimods that require more skill and tactics then BC

me too, but that would require more time, it isnt easy for the devs to make a whole new game mode with a whole new concept,

but upgrading an existing game mode is allot easier than making a whole new game mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:21 am 
Master
Master

but i would rather have devs use the time to upgrade BC for making new minimod