All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Watch that mouth. One more and you know what your're going to get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Watch that mouth. One more and you know what your're going to get.

he started it. stop being BIAS, hes a moderator he should give an example, but he sucks being a moderator, also unnesarry, i cant udnerstand why he is still a mod,

this forum just need 1 good active moderator,

now back on topic:
Dragonathan wrote:
this makes it more faster to find servers...

all the empty servers should be ignored,

and even if you hide the empty servers, the empty server will still be searched by the system wich makes the searching more slower,

and you can host a server without paying, and if all the empty servers are automaticly removed than there will be more free boxes left...

Silentcrisis wrote:
I should really start coming here more often...

I feel like an animal trainer. If Dragon gets out of hand, then I'm here to tighten the leash. :roll:

i feel like a pimp: if Silentcrisis is bitching, then im here to tell him to "SHUT THE *i-need-a-broader-vocab* UP BITCH" :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Why dont he two of you take this somewhere else like MSN chat or something. These posts will all be deleted on the last week of December.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Why dont he two of you take this somewhere else like MSN chat or something. These posts will all be deleted on the last week of December.

im glad to hear that.

i allready asked him to... i even gave him my msn address, but seems that b.tch is scared,

add please:
freestyle_passion@hotmail.com,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

SC doesn't have MSN. he uses AIM.

and it doesn't matter who started it. Though I will admit, SC is a little emotion-drivven, we all are.

also, if you might have noticed, we have a nice invasion of spam bots right now, due to our head admin being away on vacation. if we only had one active mod, they'd go crazy (I myself have deleted/moved around 10 threads this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you think thats crazy than quit being a mod,

please stay on topic:
this makes it more faster to find servers...

all the empty servers should be ignored,

and even if you hide the empty servers, the empty server will still be searched by the system wich makes the searching more slower,

and you can host a server without paying, and if all the empty servers are automaticly removed than there will be more free boxes left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The current browser already has those features and like i said, PC gamers have more intelligence than you think and most of them should be able to get it. Those who cant.. well, thats what the forums and stickies are for.

Plus, you already cna host a server for free, just click on HOST. Empty servers have to be be searchable - server owners need to be able to find thier servers from the list wether it is populated or not. The only reason why the TCE borwser is slow is because it has to filter TCE servers from WET's over 7000 servers. Among those, TCE servers are only around 6%. It isnt the empty servers, it is because TCE is a mod who's servers are dependent upon the servers of its base game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes the empty servers make the searching more slower, empty servers are junk servers, they shouldnt be in the list at all, not only do they slow down the searching system, they also slow down my whole internet connection, cause i like to browse through the web while im searching servers, all the unnesessary empty servers makes my connection go slow,

XenoKiller wrote:
server owners need to be able to find thier servers from the list wether it is populated or not.

i want something that could block empty servers, because even if I hide the empty servers they still will be searched, so hiding is a useless feature, how about blocking the empty servers, it should be a default, and if server owners want to check out their empty server, than they should be able to turn on the empty server list or something,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragon if you block the servers that means they cannot really be search. The SEARH in TCE is NOT being SLOWED by the empty servers but by the NUMBER of servers in WET.

You see, TCE is just a mod, and as a multiplayer mod, it is still linked to its base game WET. It takes so long to find TCE servers because it has to filter through the 13,000+ WET servers for the few hundred TCE servers empty or not.

If TCE was not a mod and is completely separate from WET, it would have its own servers independent of WET, then even if 99% of the servers ar eempty they will still come out quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just because its a mod doesnt mean you cant tweak and convert the whole engine, the devs have changed allot of things in the wet engine, i cant see why something what i suggested is impossible,

i play allot of games with a server list that only has active servers and non empty servers, and i can tell you its a whole lot neater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you don't check empty servers, how do you know they're there. the thing is, you HAVE to check ALL the servers. anyone can connect to any server at any time.

and also, if you do not ping all the W:ET servers, how will you know what the setting for fs_game, the variable for what mod the server is running? simple, you can't. it's like changing gametype filters, you need to check every server to see if you should show it or not. if you don't look at servers that arre empty, and ignore all servers that have been empty, the server list would be, well, empty. all servers are empty at some time, and if you don't ckeck, you don't know.

simply put:

to not ping empty servers, you need to ping them to see if they're empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:08 am 
Expert
Expert

I'll also say it just once more. Maybe you will understand me this time.

All these other games you play all run off very large servers HOSTED BY THE DEV's all over the world. When you 'host' a match on one of these games, you are only creating a 'room' on the Dev's main server.
Now you can imagine that a lot of 'room's get created, so any empty ones are automatically destroyed, just so that space is freed up on the main server.
With this type of server system, it is impossible for clans to always have their own servers running, and for third party maps/files to be played/used, because the 'Main server' would not have those files.

Think of it as many from one, and many to one.

The one you are describing, all come from larger servers maintained by the Dev's. They are portions of the mega servers- a set ammount of playerslots are 'used' from the main server and all get pointed to a certain match.

The current server system - which all Q3 based games use - is many privately owned servers all simply telling a master server that they are 'on' and other stats, like map, players, etc. Each privately owned server sends 'heartbeats' to that master server so that when you use the ingame browser, the master server tells you what servers are on, how many players etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
just because its a mod doesnt mean you cant tweak and convert the whole engine, the devs have changed allot of things in the wet engine, i cant see why something what i suggested is impossible,

i play allot of games with a server list that only has active servers and non empty servers, and i can tell you its a whole lot neater.

Do you read the EULA? did you even bother reading the WET source code EULA?

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO EDIT THE GAME CODE - MODIFYING THE ENGINE CODE EVEN MINOR TWEAKS IS "ILLEGAL". As a mod, TCE can only modify the way the game is played (running around and shooting part), and its graphics and maps. TT has not edited the engine in anyway, the HDR and new effcts they have, as was said are compromises to limitations - simply prerendered prelit textures. The mod does not have its own multiplayer server browser, it borrows the browser used by WET but limits it to only search for servers with similar content in this case the mod - that is a default part of the browser code not something TT has added.

Basically, there is nothing you can do about the server searching wait besides wait until WET is nolonger popular and there are only 3 servers left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-you can host a server for free, wich means that the server owner dont have to keep his server open the hole time, if a server owner wants to re-open his server than he just needs to activate his server again,

-so i dont see any problems in having the server disappear automaticly if there is noone in the server anymore, if you a server owner and if you mind to open a server evrytime than it means you just lazy.

second option:

hiding the server could be the default server setting, many of you will probably think its not needed because you can hide it manually,

but hiding the server is the best option, and the best option should always be the default setting, thats the basic thing that evry game dev should know.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:22 pm 
Expert
Expert

When you host the server for free, you have to set the 'host computer' as a dedicated server, and then if you want to play on that server, you have to use a different computer to join it.

By using a 'paid' for server, you can play from your own computer, never have to worry about booting the server machine up- its always there. Thats not being lazy either, for crying out loud, that allows ANYONE in the world to join your server, and play the game without having to go through setting up their own server. I've already said this in an earlier post. PLEASE stop repeating yourself so that I can stop repeating myself.

Look Dragon, its only 'the best option' in your eyes. Thats your oppinion, it doesn't make it the best, you just think it is. You can think whatever you like, but the second you start thinking that you, or you ideals are better than someone elses then you instantly become an asshole. No one likes being told their ideals and thoughts suck, so just don't do it- EVEN if they are IN YOUR EYES.

Its not hard to get rid of these 'empty servers of dhoom'. Seriously, just click one thing, and all the empty servers are gone. Problem solved.