All times are UTC

Post subject: Free for all mode?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:19 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I know TC:E is more team play but has anyone every thought about just a free for all game mode for the public servers?

PRO :
it can get rid of spawn campers "since spawn points will be more random"
by adding a new game mode it will also team people to pay more attention to what is happening around them.

probaly more pro's but can't think right now 2 hrs of sleep dont help much

Con :
Some people will think that this mode will turn into Halo,CS or some other type of fragger game that requires now skill just luck shots.

Others might worry about some camping in a coner waiting for a easy kill to walk by. "Frag nades make good fun of that prob"

IF this is possible to do with the source code can a poll be ran to see how the community feels about it if not just lock or delete this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I"m not sure. personally, it's not on my list of things I want, as I'm a big team-player (I tend to like to have 1 or 2 people with me to help clear buildings and such) but I'd be interested to see how it would work.

*edit* moved to minimod forum. because it seems to fit a little more here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:25 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Some people would agree with ya some wouldn't. Hell i dont care if i have someone or not at least i dont have to worry about a tk or being tked or someone who still has an ROE shield when they charge out of the spawn at a full sprint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

TCE is aiming for realism, or at least the closest it can get just like AA or any other military sims. I play games like FEAR and Quake, those games are purely arcade. Everything and anything you do in there isnt a representation of reallife therefore the rules of the game are different there. Like TK and camping for one, those are common in game slike those (CS is a game like that). The reason we have methods to stop that kind of gameplay in TCE is because we want to have more realism in the game.

The thing is, there really are jackasses out there who just want to piss other people off, there is nothing we can do about them unless the world governments agrees to legalize the extermination of said persons in anymeans you can think of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

That one of the reasons i like TC:E but i also just like FFA mode to in games it give more of a selection for the players right now the only thing i see in .49 is BC everyone stats away from Obj and CTF guess to the bug issues i dont know i was in the CTF servers alot then took a 2 day break and all are empty now. It's just an idea :roll:

BTW It i posted this im General area due to the fact it would get more of response there. im this area 55 views and 4 post mainly by the mods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

how can we make a free for all mode?

wed have to make a new deployment menu, cause we cant have specops shooting specops and terror shooting terror.....can we???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, I dont think the devs would want TCE to be just like any shooter with thier DM/FFA modes. TCE is suppose to be a tactical teamshooter but still retaining certain elements that makes it more fun to play compared to the serious atmosphere of America's Army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm sure it would go like ET FFA, where you pick the team just for weapons, but I don't think they'd do it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

They wont, I dont even think ET has FFA unless its a mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ET has last man standing, which is a limited lives FFA, if I'm not mistaken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, its quite unusual to see any server running that - however Im not sure there is one, I think you are refering to stopwatch mode which is regular ET except it is only on one map and teams switch sides after eahc round and try to top each other's victory time.

The 3 game modes are Campaign (sets of maps), Objective (single round maps, no specific order), and Stopwatch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I"ve run Last man standing on local games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

okay then.

Now back on topic - TCE can't have a free for all mode because it goes against the entire idea of the game itself. TCE is a team shooter mod build over a classed based team shooter - it is really meant to be played as team versus team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To address spawn campers - a system should be introduced where if a player's model doesnt move from the area and is AFK, they are booted from the game but remain on the server in limbo. However this means they would be timing. We could bring back the discussion on one of the older ideas I had regarding the issue of spawncampers and spawn locations. It has something to do with dividing the maps into zones. Within these zones lies varying degrees of freedom.

Green zones are spawn areas and any shot fired from inside by a teammate is a TK, andy shot by an enemy is a spawnkill - this in turn will result in a severe punishment either by time limit ban or kick. To avoid using this method as an exploit, players spawning inside greenzones cannot shoot out into any other zone but they can into a yellow zone.

Yellow zones are alleys ways and immediate adjacent sections near green zones, any shot fired by a teammate here is considered FF, appropriate penalties apply. Shots fired by enemies in this area is also considered spawn camping and will get the appropriate penalties but not as severe as Greenzones. This area is to be secure, there should only be a few ways in, and no way to fire from any area outside the yellow zone. (you cant shoot into a yellow zone but you can shoot out.)

White zones are neutral areas and no penalties apply for shooting any enemy in this area. TK and FF situations are to be voted by teammates. You cannot shoot into a green zone from a white zone if the yellow zone did not prevent it as stated earlier.

Red zones are objective locations or known bottle necks - staying still in this area will result in your position showing on the hud compass once you are in the line of sight of an enemy player or if they hear you (shots fired or voice commo). No penalties apply for TK in this zone - however suspected intentional TKs can be voted upon for a ban or kick. You cannot shoot into a green zone from this zone, even though the ROE nolonger applies. This is a high conflict area, friendly fire is expected - you cant blame anyone for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clear enough? or do i have to elaborate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I get what you're saying. I'll steal paint and the railhouse/northport map(s) to see if I get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I showed a diagram of that before using Village (or what it was called). Anyway that should theoretically solve the TK and spawnkilling problem altogehter by specifying how and where the ROE and ROE violations and penalties occur and to what degree depending on where they happened. This removes the need for an ffa mode.

It should work because it limits where you can shoot and from where instead of degrading gameplay by just simply deducting points and kicking players even for accidents and misplay by careless players and lamers.