TrueCombat
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/

Throwing System Part 2
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1133
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Evil_Muska [ Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:44 am ]
Post subject:  Throwing System Part 2

Continuing on from Dragon's thread by the name of "Throwing System Part 1".

I think personally that the easy way to solve this nade-throwing idea/issue or whatever is to reintroduce the "Short Throw" system from the original Q3TC.
For those of you who don't know this system, it's very simple.... you simply right-click (or whatever you have iron-sight set to) while you are holding a nade, and you go into "Short-Throw Mode" where you can do a quick toss at or within a close proximity of your feet. This could also be done using the "Firing Mode" key, and the Ironsight button could be used to roll a nade. I think the second idea would be the most effective (besides, rolling a flashbang into a room would be quieter, and much more efficient).

Author:  kozak6 [ Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ummmmm.........

This has already been implemented, Q3TC style.

Author:  Dragonathan [ Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

i want the short throw,

like i said before, the shorter you hold the right mouse button, the shorter the distance you will throw, the longer you hold your right mouse button, the longer the distance you will throw,

and this is the best method.

Author:  Evil_Muska [ Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:25 am ]
Post subject: 

kozak6 wrote:
Ummmmm.........

This has already been implemented, Q3TC style.


Hmm.... well then I guess I haven't been tinkering enough, huh? :P

Author:  Dragonathan [ Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dragonathan wrote:
i want the short throw,

like i said before, the shorter you hold the right mouse button, the shorter the distance you will throw, the longer you hold your right mouse button, the longer the distance you will throw,

and this is the best method.


i ment the left mouse button.

Author:  Evil_Muska [ Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:42 am ]
Post subject: 

Dragonathan wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:
i want the short throw,

like i said before, the shorter you hold the right mouse button, the shorter the distance you will throw, the longer you hold your right mouse button, the longer the distance you will throw,

and this is the best method.


i ment the left mouse button.


Then why didn't you...... edit............ your post? :?

Seriously, that was the most pointless post of all time. :roll:

Author:  Dragonathan [ Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Evil_Muska wrote:
Then why didn't you...... edit............ your post? :?

Seriously, that was the most pointless post of all time. :roll:


there is a reason that i did that.

-because the post was more than 2 days old.
-people allready seen what ive posted
-if i edit it people wont notice it thats why i quoted it
-quoting was the best option because editing all the typo's would consume more time than just quoting and typing 1 simple sentance.

Author:  it [ Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

return to topic or face lockage

yes, I"m being an on-topic nazi now. I"m feeling bitchy today.


a longer throw system like that interferes with the cooking of grenades. personally, I also notice that if I need to throw a grenade really far, I need to do it quickly, as waiting would allow the target to move/leave me open to attack.

also, short/long throws are enabled with the firemode key. (at leeast I'm 90% sure, I'll go over it later.)

Author:  kozak6 [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm so tempted to go off topic and get this thread locked. Although really, you should lock it anyways because Evil_Muska got his wish granted.

Xeno, I made the same arguements months ago in the thread mentioned by Evil_Muska and agree with you completely.

Long/short throws is actually toggled by the aim button.

Author:  Evil_Muska [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Dragonathan wrote:
Evil_Muska wrote:
Then why didn't you...... edit............ your post? :?

Seriously, that was the most pointless post of all time. :roll:


there is a reason that i did that.

-because the post was more than 2 days old.
-people allready seen what ive posted
-if i edit it people wont notice it thats why i quoted it
-quoting was the best option because editing all the typo's would consume more time than just quoting and typing 1 simple sentance.


Alright, fine.... that makes sense, I guess.


kozak6 wrote:
I'm so tempted to go off topic and get this thread locked. Although really, you should lock it anyways because Evil_Muska got his wish granted.

Xeno, I made the same arguements months ago in the thread mentioned by Evil_Muska and agree with you completely.

Long/short throws is actually toggled by the aim button.


Well I don't recall actually mentioning a thread, but I guess I referenced it somehow, I dunno.
I don't see any reason why this thread should stay open either.

Does the [insert reference to a certain Germany force here] want to do the honors? :?

Author:  it [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:10 am ]
Post subject: 

yeah, this topic was about re-introducing short throw from Q3TC. longer range by pressing/holding the fire key interferes with priming, and a few other things. and since the creator of the thread asked for it....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/