All times are UTC

Post subject: A few simple suggestions that I think would help out a lot.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:43 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Unlike a lot of people, I actually think the decision to take the blue arrows above teammates' heads' out of the game was a wise idea. After all, you till have their name show up when you point at them, anyways. The only problem with this, I feel, is the placement of their name. In many FPS games the name is automatically placed above the player's head. In TC:E the name is placed close to the bottom of the screen. This is a problem, I feel, because you should be primarily looking toward the middle of the screen as that's where your gun points. I think that moving the placement of their name to above their head would actually help gameplay out quite a bit (illiminate much of the tking).

Another thing I'd like to suggest would be adding a voice chat command for the A and B plant points. Stuff like "head to a/b" or "defend a/b" would be helpful. I say this because while a lot of people (myself included) have binds involving the plant points, a lot of people (myself included again) don't make a habit of reading everything people are saying. Sometimes it will even get you killed! Instead of having to divert your eyes to what's being said you could be able to hear it. Also, if the game is full of a lot of people who talk after they've been killed, the message COULD go right by without your teammates even seeing it. This, in particular, is a feature I would really like to see in the future.

Lastly was just an idea I think would bring more team-based play, but it's not something i'm really 110% behind. You know how Spec-Ops can ONLY see the bomb when it is on the back of the carrier? I think that if the bomb carrier is shot they should also be able to see the bomb on the ground, and PERHAPS on their radar. At first thought some might think this is a bad idea because Spec-Ops will just camp the bomb...but I think it would encourage more team play among the Terrorists to protect the bomb carrier. As it is now, if I shoot the bomb carrier I let it be known and try to get people help me cover the area. It's supposed to be objective, and I don't think it is "cheap" or "unfair" to aid Spec-Ops a little bit with this.....like I said, I think it would aid in teamplay on both sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yay! someone else who likes the no t-icon system!

I do think the names could go over the player too, and the bomb being seen on the ground would be nice. but maybe not on radar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I dont use the T icon aswell because it is obstructing my aim. Besides, who could not tell the cheap terrorist models apart from the generic counter terrorist models. 8) Its not like they look the same and are differentiated by color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

That's basically what I was iffy about. Being seen on radar isn't really necessary...but I still like the idea of being able to see it on the ground where the guy was shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:02 am 
High Master
High Master

I'm fine with the way things are. In real life you don't even have a name show up at all. I think people should have to learn who to shooot at by what they are wearing and focusing on how there team is moving. When I play I pay attention to where my team moves, and where they die at. The only reason I think that having any hint of who is on your team (Other than uniforms) is that new guys can't tell who is who.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:06 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Pretty much easy to tell in TCE, if they have issues telling who is who in TCE, AA would be much harder for them. Actually I would turn of as much of the hud as possible just to make it more and more immersive. I do rely of seeing what weapons they are holding before looking at the uniforms, but that would and should only take a few seconds, or even less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

TBH, I think the HUD could just lose the ammo counter (in the mag, the amount of mags is important, and any soldier worth his salt can remember them) and that's about it. except maybe the compass. but having it as an extra thing (similar to the map in ET that only comes out on a certain key could allow for the map). IRL, you'd know if you were standing, crouching or prone from feeling along with the visual aspect, so since you can't "feel" your legs in-game, the stance indicator should stay, same thing with damage, you pretty much know when you're screwed from pain

Post subject: Re: A few simple suggestions that I think would help out a l
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

BILLLLLBRASKY wrote:
Unlike a lot of people, I actually think the decision to take the blue arrows above teammates' heads' out of the game was a wise idea. After all, you till have their name show up when you point at them, anyways. The only problem with this, I feel, is the placement of their name. In many FPS games the name is automatically placed above the player's head. In TC:E the name is placed close to the bottom of the screen. This is a problem, I feel, because you should be primarily looking toward the middle of the screen as that's where your gun points. I think that moving the placement of their name to above their head would actually help gameplay out quite a bit (illiminate much of the tking).

i 100% agree, i support this suggestion fully.

it wrote:
TBH, I think the HUD could just lose the ammo counter

[concept]
ok what would be cool is if you are able to pull off your ammo clip out of your gun, and check how many bullets are left, havent seen any FPS game done this, would be sweet though
[/concept]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it would be neat, but IRL, you're mostly estimating due to wieght, very few weapons have counters anymore, and those that do are usually handguns. a wieght estimation similar to the one in one game (I can't remember it's name! ah! :x ) would be neat (you pull out the mag, it says if it's light or heavy)

Post subject: Us Colorblind people (10% of population) need team arrows
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:07 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Speaking for colorblind people, my TK's are tripled because of no team arrows and I cannot tell most of the uniforms apart especially in the dark.

Please put back in >.49b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You could tell the shape right? Just look for the helmet. However year it might reall be an issue and helper icons should be an option by default set to off but can be enabled for those who need it.

Post subject: Re: A few simple suggestions that I think would help out a l
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
ok what would be cool is if you are able to pull off your ammo clip out of your gun, and check how many bullets are left, havent seen any FPS game done this, would be sweet though

Condemned: Criminal Origins actually uses that very system.
You press a button, your guy pulls his clip out and looks inside, and for about a second it shows your ammo-count on the HUD.
It's a cool little effect, to say the least, and it would definately be more realistic than a constant display in the corner of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

maybe something similar to CoD2 or insurgency, with the mag count popping up when you reload or switch to the weapon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well in Red orchestra, there really is no hud indicator for ammo, you have to remember how much you put in and how many youve fired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in insurgency they just give you the mag count, and I think since that's what TC:E does, that would work