All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:13 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Well, thats what TCE's specops look like and as much as possible we should avoid the over used Army guy look.. its really getting old. Games like Halflife are really good because the hero is not a soldier and a scientist who pushes carts. Using the soldier tough guy look is really cliche and as much as possible avoided to keep the game's originality.

Unless it's Master Chief. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

master chief huh...

Anyway, they could work on the textures and maybe give new faces but changing the uniform will also make TCE look just like any other counter terrorist shooter. TCE has a nice 80s look to it, everyone else is trying to get the latest and greatest which is overused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Well, thats what TCE's specops look like and as much as possible we should avoid the over used Army guy look.. its really getting old. Games like Halflife are really good because the hero is not a soldier and a scientist who pushes carts. Using the soldier tough guy look is really cliche and as much as possible avoided to keep the game's originality.

in HL1 he was a typical nerd, straight out of grad school. and I know they toyed with "tough guy" because in early betas it was ivan, the space biker....

but the '80s look is nice. makes it more realistic, and lived in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
Look, this is a forum.... if you don't want to be criticized, then don't post.
Not everyone is going to agree with you,

read:
Dragonathan wrote:
if they really think the hole idea is stupid than why do they even reply, people are always allowed to post their opinions/critics on my threads.

Dragonathan wrote:
but like i said.. it should be more in a decent and mature way.
meaning: no useless sarcasm. no off-topic posts. no kiddy insults,
but just pure mature discussions.

i never said that evryone should agree with me, all i was trying to say is to keep evryting mature and on-topic.

and what i mean by: "if they really think the hole idea is stupid than why do they even reply"
you have good ideas bad ideas and stupid retarded ideas,
if you think my ideas is stupid and retarded than dont put any effort to reply it, because why should you reply something that you personally think its not at "your level" of thinking,

if someone post a retarded idea i usually just ignore it, just to avoid flames. but thats just me, but some people really cant control their emotions, so they feel to say something to the person they think they need to address, but thats ok to me. but like said, try to be as friendly/mature as possible, we dont have to be best friends, but we can be more civilised,

Evil_Muska wrote:
If someone who knows what their talking about says "there is no way you can do that on this engine", then that's it.
You obviously haven't a clue about any of the technical aspects of making a game or using a specific game engine, so what exactly is your argument when you are confronted with the fact that something isn't possible?
You can't do anything, all you can do is further emphasize your idea blindly, and hope people come around.

it is possible because the devs even showed some awesome cool looking concept player models a few years/months ago, but i dont know why they didnt used it.

Evil_Kuma wrote:
Ok, to get back on topic, stylized character models are usually found in arcade-type games. Games focusing on raw realism don't have any need for style. The maps look good, and there is nothing wrong with that, but the added details to the maps contribute to the atmosphere and overall feel of the game.... a new character skin thats more aesthetically pleasing does not contribute to the game at all, and as I said before, is just more work for the devs.

its not just more work for the devs because TT has modelers and skinners, if TT was only bunch of coders than you have the right to say that its gonna be too much work, but theres a reason why TT has modelers and skinners. they have to do something too, and not just sit and pick on their noses and watch how the coders do all the work

you dont know what your saying dont you?
cool stylish looking models arent only for arcade games.
what about SC and MGS, are those games arcade games? no.
but i know what you gonna say next, something about realism right?
well SWAT4 isnt a arcade game. but that game is realistic and it has cool stylish looking models:
http://media.insidegamer.nl/screenshots ... /63356.jpg

you are really starting to irritate me with all your senseless pointless post's next time you post another pointless senseless post, you will be ignored by me.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you need a pic of stuff for SWAT3/4, just use http://www.hot-swat-mods.com/

thier banner thing goes through screens, etc.

TBH, they look very '80s and kinda like they rushed to put thier gear on. which, in reality, they probably would. if someone's going after something, prior warning is near zero, and you'd slap your gear on quickly.

http://www.aetv.com/dallas_swat/index.jsp <-- A&E tv show on SWAT teams, watch it every week ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:28 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you dont know what your saying dont you?
cool stylish looking models arent only for arcade games.
what about SC and MGS, are those games arcade games? no.
but i know what you gonna say next, something about realism right?
well SWAT4 isnt a arcade game. but that game is realistic and it has cool stylish looking models:
http://media.insidegamer.nl/screenshots ... /63356.jpg.

Ok for one, everyone has their own definition of "style", and I can't really see where yours lands, so I can't really tell what you truely want.
In Splinter Cell, he's only dressed like that because he's supposed to be stealthy (the only thing specifically stylish are the goggles, but that's his trademark look), and MSG is Japanese and anything the Japanese do is stylized (not like that's really a bad thing, but hey, it can be annoying sometimes). No, SWAT4 isn't arcady, so what? I consider the guys in there to be ok.... but that's just me. In your mind, they're "stylish".... so whatever, that's your view. What you need to realize is that "style" is different to everybody. It's like how people like different kinds of music..... for example: I like Linkin Park, but turns out Diane and Xeno really don't in the least..... and..... who cares? That's their opinion. I find the models in TC:E to be just fine, I'm focused more on how the game plays. Another example is a little game called Soldat.....

Now someone like you might glance at this and think it's just some crappy freeware game and be like "OMG, the characters don't even have a face.." or something to that effect.....
BUT... if you actually download and play it, you find it's solid, very user-friendly, fast paced, HIGHLY moddable, and insanely addictive.
Wouldn't think that just by the picture, eh?

Just thank God that TC:E looks like this and not this.

Dragonathan wrote:
next time you post another pointless senseless post, you will be ignored by me.

Get over yourself dude.

If you thought even for a second that I would care if you responded to my "stupid" posts, theres either something seriously wrong with you, or you think you way more important than you actually are. I'm a MOD, and even I don't talk like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

finally we can start a good mature discussion,
thanks for the proper/decent critics, i appreciate that.

your that type of person that cares more about the gameplay than the eye-candys and looks, wich is a good thing because i have to admit that gameplay is far more importent than the looks,

but whats wrong with making the player-models look good if the gameplay is allready good enough? in my perspective, i find the models as importent as the maps, if there were 2 maps, both are the same, but the 1 has a better graphic and better textures, wich of the two would you play on?

well the everage human being would choose the one with the better graphics and textures. same with the models... i mean if its possible why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

personally, I tihink the eye-candy can wait. TC:E is in the mid-beta state, where weapons+features are being added, minor bugs are being tweaked, but eye-candy isn't put in yet. this is the kind of thing I'd save for just before 1.0 comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

like i said they have modelers and skinners too not only coders, sooner or later they will change the models anyways, unless the devs are planning to use the outdated models that doenst match with the maps for another 3 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:06 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
finally we can start a good mature discussion,
thanks for the proper/decent critics, i appreciate that.

your that type of person that cares more about the gameplay than the eye-candys and looks, wich is a good thing because i have to admit that gameplay is far more importent than the looks,

but whats wrong with making the player-models look good if the gameplay is allready good enough? in my perspective, i find the models as importent as the maps, if there were 2 maps, both are the same, but the 1 has a better graphic and better textures, wich of the two would you play on?

well the everage human being would choose the one with the better graphics and textures. same with the models... i mean if its possible why not?

To tell you the truth, my last post originally had some pretty sarcastic parts in it, but I decided to remove them, and I'd like to thank you for recognizing that. Ok now, back on topic.....
I realize the issue with the graphics, I know that good graphics pulls in more new players, but that's just the biggest problem in itself. People in general (expecially non-gamers) tend to quote "Judge a book by it's cover", or basically deciding weather or not to play a a game based on looks. Yes, improving the graphics probably would bring in more players, but graphics shouldn't be the main focus as of yet, the gameplay and functionality of the game in it's current state needs a good amount of improving. Before focusing on the graphics, the devs might consider doing the following....

1. Improving and expanding upon the CTF and Bodycount modes to make them feel more like their own thing and less of a quick add-on.
2. Adding a bigger variety of guns (I know they are working on this for 0.50)
3. Improving the damage system (like the thing Dragon said about falling from someplace too high and dying.... or maybe just breaking a leg and having to limp).
4. Possibly having an actual base(or kind of a temp-base kinda thing) for each team with (limited) medical supplies and stocks of ammo.
5. Improving the spawnkilling system.
6. Improving the knife mechanics.
7. Making more than just a couple distructible objects.
8. Expanding the object-penetration system (if a bullet goes through say, a box, it does less damage).
9. Finally releasing Bahamut (my favorite TC map ever, aside from Bahamut2).
10. Maybe making it possible to create your own cover and such (stacking boxes, turning over tables, even doing somthing to block a door/jamming it shut).

I just beleive there are far more things of much more importance that need to be addressed before even considering upping the graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

on topic:

example... EVIL SPECOP LOOK:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You do know they are just doing their jobs, and that they are just soldiers following orders. It is common misconception that soldiers are bad asses and that they have to be, truth is, soldiers are never badasses, civilians can be a lot worst. Now who would have though that specops have to be bad ass and look bad ass or evil? Speaking of evil can you even describe to me waht evil is without refereing to the word bad? Do you know that good and evil, right and wrong are only creations of human society. It was made in order to better ourselves and guide what we do, by nature there is no such thing. Society calls killing bad and evil, in nature it is simple selfdefence and selfpreservation - if you want to live you have to kill. I don't know where people get the idea that soldiers are like that, but it is well worth kicking the asses of those who do.

The specops should look more decent. Better uniforms, better body armor, proper equiptment. If it is bad ass you are looking for then it should be the terrorist team that should look dirty, gritty, and badass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

AWESOME!!!!!!

awesome awesome awesome

i have orgasm's,, allot of imagination was involved in making that model,
i would like to play with that model,

it was made by RACE "official TT member"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

looks good. the only problem I see, is it's either an add-on (I.E. 3rd party thing made by a developer) or it's from an older version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:08 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:

i have orgasm's,, allot of imagination was involved in making that model,
i would like to play with that model....

This is my only problem.... expecially how you (unknowingly) made it 3x worse with the statement that follows.

Where's the puke smiley when you really need it? :puke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next