All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they dont look that bad plus if its for the sake of realism and authenticity of the uniforms then ugly is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
they dont look that bad plus if its for the sake of realism and authenticity of the uniforms then ugly is the way to go.

I'd rather be wearing an ugly uniform alive than a shiney stylish suit laying on the ground dead 100 feet from my spawn-point.

Dragon, there is no use in having cool looking suits just for eye candy, that's just more (unneccisary) work for the devs.
This game represents a reality that is dark, gritty, and drenched in a shadowy, nervous atmosphere..... there is no place for style in this world of bullets and blood.

If you want style, go play a Barbie Fashion Simulator or something. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

old TC terrorist models:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7279/reload5ly7.jpg
very stylish but realistic.

extremely realistic but very stylish.

Evil_Muska wrote:
If you want style, go play a Barbie Fashion Simulator or something.

you sound like i suggested that the models should look like *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* guys or something. :roll:

P.S. this is not a waist of time, if you think this is a waist of time than you probably think that the good looking official maps of 0.49 was a waist of time.
but it wasnt a waist of time, look how good the new maps look , people like it and they enjoy it, and if the models look good than people will like it and enjoy it too.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

FYI the models do look *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* right now, they need some more masculine look to thier face like what Trauma did with the shaved beard, the WET faces all look like sissy wusses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you sound like i suggested that the models should look like *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* guys or something.

Shows how well your brain processes information. :roll:
I was being sarcastic, and if you knew English well enough, you would have gotten that the first time around.... but then again it's your 4th language, so nvm.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:

have to say it...

gah! improper stance! he's standing like he should be with a rifle, but definately not a SAW...

TBH, I'm fine with the models. I like the cameplay a lot, so if the models were iPod men, I'd still play TC:E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Some people would consider the M249 a rifle rather than a LMG. Ofcourse, that would be nearly impossible to control, with expections to the PARA variety which usualy is carried around like that and even fired with a scope. The on ein the picture isnt the PARA, its the full length Minimi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
Shows how well your brain processes information. :roll:
I was being sarcastic, and if you knew English well enough, you would have gotten that the first time around.... but then again it's your 4th language, so nvm.....

sorry but have no time for your sarcasms, nor the devs cause they told me they dont read off-topic bullshits, im serieus here... so should you, and if you wanna post your "funny" sarcasms than post it in the off-topic section, other than that, shut up if you have nothing importent to say. why dont you post something that can contribute something for the hole community, like things that can improve this mod, but all you do is whine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:50 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Discussions like this should be kept in a PM on not on a forum.
Showing your differences on the forum in public, does not give a new member/player a positive feeling of a close community, but rather distrust toward one another.
I know I am not a moderator, but I do know etiquette, and how one should present oneself using professionalism to the general public.
Personnally I would not mention the inadequacies of the game as to discourge new members from playing. Talking about the positive things in the game on the forum, and bringing the bugs in the game to the devs.
The devs are not going to be concerned about how a charactor looks in the game compared to how well the model reacts to the enviroment it is in. Maybe the sunglasses on the charactors on the map Snow is a bad idea since it is night time. But I am sure they are probably more concerned on how to get the models from getting stuck behind doors and at the spawn points.
All I am saying is that the discussions on this forum should be more professional and the personal issues should be using the Private Messenger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

true..
but forums are also open for dicussions, you should be able to open any kinds of discussions that you wish, the meaning of a forum is to share each others opinion/perspective in a mature decent way.

but some people on this forum arent capable in doing that, infact some of them dont even read the first post.

if they really think the hole idea is stupid than why do they even reply, people are always allowed to post their opinions/critics on my threads.

but like i said.. it should be more in a decent and mature way.
meaning: no useless sarcasm. no off-topic posts. no kiddy insults,
but just pure mature discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragon, didnt I tell you that if someone says something that you think is annoying just ignore it. If this continues any further I will lock this thread myself. Now get back on topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you will, get pictures of police SWAT and special forces not the regular army. Keep them small. From teh looks of it TCE isnt a military shooter but more of a police thing, international police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:45 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
true..
but forums are also open for dicussions, you should be able to open any kinds of discussions that you wish, the meaning of a forum is to share each others opinion/perspective in a mature decent way.

but some people on this forum arent capable in doing that, infact some of them dont even read the first post.

if they really think the hole idea is stupid than why do they even reply, people are always allowed to post their opinions/critics on my threads.

but like i said.. it should be more in a decent and mature way.
meaning: no useless sarcasm. no off-topic posts. no kiddy insults,
but just pure mature discussions.

Look, this is a forum.... if you don't want to be criticized, then don't post.
Not everyone is going to agree with you, and we all have the right to say so.
I contribute to the community... I post ideas.... but my ideas usually are well thought out and aren't just some random idea that popped into my head 3 seconds ago. I made a recent thread about possibly adding Full-Screen Antialiasing and Antistropic filtering, and I didn't get any negative feedback whatsoever... why? Because I didn't waste my time telling people they were wrong, and clinging to the idea like it was my dying child.. I set back, listened to what people had to say, and then replied in an adult and mature manner. I'm not the one whining, YOUR the one who doesn't ever let an idea die. You go on and on about something that people constantly tell you CANNOT BE DONE or definately won't be done.
Have you ever stopped for a second and thought that you were possibly..... wrong? :?
Is that a completely foreign concept?

If someone who knows what their talking about says "there is no way you can do that on this engine", then that's it.
You obviously haven't a clue about any of the technical aspects of making a game or using a specific game engine, so what exactly is your argument when you are confronted with the fact that something isn't possible?
You can't do anything, all you can do is further emphasize your idea blindly, and hope people come around.

[EdiT]
Ok, to get back on topic, stylized character models are usually found in arcade-type games. Games focusing on raw realism don't have any need for style. The maps look good, and there is nothing wrong with that, but the added details to the maps contribute to the atmosphere and overall feel of the game.... a new character skin thats more aesthetically pleasing does not contribute to the game at all, and as I said before, is just more work for the devs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

pic of a SWAT team in gear. posed, but still showing the loadout.

not very stylish. usually if it's a quick callout, they'll even show up in boxers (happened in the bank of america robbery in '96. half the SWAT guys were in thier underpants :oops: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:45 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:

pic of a SWAT team in gear. posed, but still showing the loadout.

not very stylish. usually if it's a quick callout, they'll even show up in boxers (happened in the bank of america robbery in '96. half the SWAT guys were in thier underpants :oops: )

You'd figure they'd give them a minute to put on their pants, that's just retarted..... plus it makes them more vounerable in key areas, if you catch my drift. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, thats what TCE's specops look like and as much as possible we should avoid the over used Army guy look.. its really getting old. Games like Halflife are really good because the hero is not a soldier and a scientist who pushes carts. Using the soldier tough guy look is really cliche and as much as possible avoided to keep the game's originality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next