All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
This is my only problem.... expecially how you (unknowingly) made it 3x worse with the statement that follows.

Where's the puke smiley when you really need it? :puke:

and where is the anti-gay-people-protesting filter on this forum when i really need it,

on topic:
that model does give TC:E a sci-fi look though, wich i think is cool.
it does have a tiny bit manga appeal,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

how would it look if the terrorist in TCe dressed more casual,
i had something like this in mind:

those jeans texture looks awesome, it gives the game that authentic realism look,

from what ive noticed on many reports on news shows about terrorism, is that they usually wear casual clothing mixed with a tiny bit military gear, for example: jeans with a camouflage jacket,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

1º of all this is my first post so be gentel please... if my righting is bad is couse i´m form Portugal...

now if i may...
for what i´ve read here there are some ho realy want to give some help and do something profit for the game dev. of this amasing game that i´ve been enjoying for long now, by the way were´s my apriciation for the team ho made this a grate game " they have to be grate to :D "... Drag. u realy have grate ideias!!! and i know that u do this most for love for this game, i thing ur ideias are realy cool and it has some logic in then... and sense i´m a fresher wre wiht allot to read... count me in for some thought´s and ideias to... Drag. keep the god work bro!!! by the way a critic can be productive if ho critics does konw waht his all about... produce!!

Best reagards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

In the theme of the game, I don't think a casual look for the mercenaries would work. They're ex-military, and more than likely have access to much better equipment, and probably wear camo and stuff, like they do currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

We could get rid of the damned black black and red jacket and the masks are just unprofessional almost like a generic terrorist/criminal look.

If these guys were paramilitary or mercinaries chances are they'd still be wearing actual military uniforms just unmarked (such as flags etc).

It would also depend on the setting of the game, the time, date, current events (during said time), and location. In the case of TCE its mostly in Europe, specifically middle to eastern Europe. So we could look at 1960s uniforms used by militant groups in Europe at that time, something you can buy from a military surplus store.

The game is set in the 80s, so you can say that the 20 year old uniforms are pretty much civilian-wear by then and as that is probably the only uniform available to a mercinary force without having to make a whole new set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

why not specop vs a military unit that really exist like the russian spetznas,
im getting tired of most games using terrorist's as the opposite team, its not really original anymore,

i think specop vs spetznas is much better than specop vs terrorist, specop vs terrorist isnt really original,

and why would specop fight against spetznas? well TrueCombat sepose to be in the coldwar right???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well if we want to be realistic it wont be the Russians at all instead it can be several other militant groups in eastern Europe. Why? Because in the cold war, neither the US nor the Russians fought each other in full scale armed conflict. So we can take a look at several small European and former soviet states.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Well if we want to be realistic it wont be the Russians at all instead it can be several other militant groups in eastern Europe. Why? Because in the cold war, neither the US nor the Russians fought each other in full scale armed conflict. So we can take a look at several small European and former soviet states.

Maybe something like the Falklands War, Yugoslav wars, or Chechen wars, only brought to NATO/USSR/Russia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

something like that, but TCE does have a fictional story doesnt it? set in a realistic environment and gameplay. TCE has the specops or GIF, which are obviously not US military personnel. As for the terrorists, they look more like tourists on a bad day who somehow missed the skitrip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

not to mention the mismatching cloths the terrorists of TCe are wearing,
jesus christ!! who the hell skinned the horrible terrorists anyways?
it looks like the the terrorist's mothers never thought them how to dress decent, no hard feelings, but seriously... i think the one that skinned the terrorist's have absolutely no taste or whatsoever,

"who the hell would wear a leather jacket with red stripes with army trousers?!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:47 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Army wanna be's and as several people say: Beat the crap outta them if they try to dress up like soldiers but they are not.

Infact, they really shouldnt be called terrorists at all as they are simply a rougue military force for hire - and should actually look professional. Since TCE is set in eastern europe, then the costumes should fit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6