Post subject: crosshair issue/more in the center
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

please read this attentively:

ok i had this suggestion in my head for more than 1 year,
but i had doubts if it would be appropriate,

but i did a test, i let some of my friends play tc:e, and i asked them:
the first time you played this mod, what was your very first problem/issue?..

they all said: well the aiming is a bit hard and difficult, but the ironsight aim is ok...

"well the aiming is a bit hard and difficult, but the ironsight aim is ok..."

as you know, the normal aiming view is a bit difficult to master,
the devs always brags about that this mod dont have any crosshair,

but too be honest, removing the crosshair is a bit clumpsy, and its not as realistic as you think... why? because in real life, you can still kill someone with a gun in a closecombat without looking at the ironsight,
but in tc:e, there is still a big chance you miss your target even when your 1 meter near your enemy,

if you hold your gun in real life the way you hold your gun in tc:e when you use the regular aim "not the ironsight" you would basicly hold your gun diognal/crooked, no wonder its very hard to aim with out crosshair,

the devs can wright history for fps games, this mod can be the most revolutionary mod ever...
if the devs put the regular view"not the ironsight view" more in the center,
and not not near the corner, just in the middle of the screen "not diognal but verticle and straight", so you can shoot more properly with out guessing where the bullet might hit the target,

this will improve the gameplay allot,
it improves the closecombat, cause currently this mod looks like you can only have long range combats, and if you plan to assault your enemy in closecombat, you know your dead meat, unless you cheat and activate the crosshair,

but if the devs put your gun in the middle/center you definetely dont need anymore crosshairs, and it will be unnecessary to cheat,

this will improve the pace of the gameplay cause all the players can have a better closecombat.
ill post some example pictures soon, for the one that have difficulties understanding my perspective,

any comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I dont know about you and your friends but I and many others can shoot straight without ironsights. Close cobat firefights call for that and you cant rely on the speed of pulling up the sights. The shots are still dead center even without iron sights you just have to get used to not having a crosshair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

crosshair-free HUDs weed out the unworthy...

TBH, I rarely use crosshairs. when I play ET (with bots) I usually turn off crosshairs, or go in 3rdperson, and I don't think I've playe Call of duty with a crosshair for a good two months.

if all else fails, when .49 comes out, try using hipshots. it's more fun than you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Think about AA hipshots using crosshair number 1 which is barely visible. I actually pull up might sights before shooting even if the crosshair is present. My only use for it is for quick snap shooting at potentially fatal targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:24 pm 
Master
Master

I say that the crosshair is fine as it is… Making it more accurate when you’re not on iron sight mode would just make it to easy (I know in real life you can still aim pretty okay without using the iron sight but it’s a game and keeping the challenge is a good thing from my point of view).

Oh and by the way I think I can say something that I wanted to say for a long time. I find that “red orchestra” is a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* CRAPY, STUPID, IDIOTIC IMITATION of true Combat (RED ORCHESTRA SUCKSSS). RO is not the only game to steel the “amazing idea” of iron sights from true combat and its not going to stop there… So I’m just praying that 0.49 will be so good that its going to beat the shit out of every imitation of true combat so bad that people are going to realize that true combat is the creator of iron sights and not red orchestra, call of duty or what ever…

So in simple words TRUE COMBAT ELITE ROCKS AND WILL ROCK EVEN MORE THEN IT EVER DID :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The idea isnt really something you can copyright because in reallife.. that is how things are done. If a sim game has a feature that lets you pick your nose an it was a hit.. you cant copyright that because in reallife it is something a person can do.

Ironsights should infact be in all FPS games replacing the use of crosshairs. These games are stepping closer into reality and it is about time to lose to ridiculous HUDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:00 pm 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
The idea isnt really something you can copyright because in reallife.. that is how things are done. If a sim game has a feature that lets you pick your nose an it was a hit.. you cant copyright that because in reallife it is something a person can do.

Ironsights should infact be in all FPS games replacing the use of crosshairs. These games are stepping closer into reality and it is about time to lose to ridiculous HUDs.

Hmmm i guess you're right, but i still think that tce kicks every other game in the BUT with iron sights cuz they are the masters of aiming :P and its gonna be like to for some time with 0.49 coming out friday "FRIDAY" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ofcourse you can expect sucky performance for many people because they cant aim. Here comes the tape on the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 pm 
Master
Master

Well you’re right about one thing… if every game had iron sights it would rock; I even think that iron sights are the upcoming new generation in fps... Just take splinter cell double agent as an example because it’s going to have iron sights (well your primary assault rifle is the only one I know if for now that will have it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Anyway, ironsights are slowly being replaced by actually scopes like the ACOG, M68, Aimpoints, Holographic scopes, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:52 am 
High Master
High Master

Drago wants the weapon models in the middle of the screen, Doom style. It's not going to happen.

Also, I must admit, I find it unlikely that Red Orchestra "stole" iron sights from TCE.

True Combat is most definitely not the originator of iron sights. The usage of iron sights in videogames dates back to at least 1998.

I disagree with the statement that iron sights should be in all fps's. Realism is most certainly not the point of all FPS's. Adding iron sights to say, Nexuiz, Q3, or UT would make them into entirely different games altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:56 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Id like to see a game like Q3 or UT that sues ironsights and realistic tactics in an unrealistic environment with a touch of highly stylized objectives and maps. That would be awesome. .. to me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:50 am 
Master
Master

kozak6 wrote:
Also, I must admit, I find it unlikely that Red Orchestra "stole" iron sights from TCE.

True Combat is most definitely not the originator of iron sights. The usage of iron sights in videogames dates back to at least 1998.

Ya ur right... I saw iron sights in Operation Flashpoint ( 1999 i think ) but anyways its nothing like the iron sights in true combat, so in say that i a way true combat started it... But it does not matter that much. Whats important is 0.49 COMING FRIDAY " FRIIIDAYYYY" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I could see having the weapon models move a bit as you change positions (try Call of duty, and go standing, prone and crouching, the weapon moves slightly inward as you get lower) but not middle of the screen.

that reminds me, I just d/led a UT mod that's supposedly among the best realism games out right now. time to try 'er out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You know whats better, just turn of the computer and enjoy sitting back for once. it doenst matter who starte dthe ironsights thing, its just that you really can t copyright that because it is something you find in real life and if games want to be realistic they need to have ironsights. Now most people arent used to the idea yet, but like them we too were not used to it but eventually adapted. That means every gamer with a decent IQ should be able to adapt to ironsights. I dont know about the lower end of the curve but this isnt really a big deal.