Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: trick jump video
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

here,watch it and enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ga32S-7Uk

//a skyfire production

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You do know trick jumping isnt even suppose to be in TCE. Some of those arent really trickjumps but are the work of exploit mappers. The maps are really designed so that you can easily exploit certain locations. Others however are just unfinished sections of the game the prevent them from happening. These jsut kill the realism and wer eenver really intended by TT and it's mappers. That is unacceptable in realism games like AA and TCE and game sthat try to be realism like BF2 and CS.

In ET and Quake3 arena however, those are just normal things people will do. In ET I player stack with teammates so that we can get to higherplaces. I do some really ridiculous jumping and other unrealistic stuff in arcade shooters but in tactical and realism, never.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:11 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

XenoKiLLer wrote:
You do know trick jumping isnt even suppose to be in TCE. Some of those arent really trickjumps but are the work of exploit mappers. The maps are really designed so that you can easily exploit certain locations. Others however are just unfinished sections of the game the prevent them from happening. These jsut kill the realism and wer eenver really intended by TT and it's mappers. That is unacceptable in realism games like AA and TCE and game sthat try to be realism like BF2 and CS.

In ET and Quake3 arena however, those are just normal things people will do. In ET I player stack with teammates so that we can get to higherplaces. I do some really ridiculous jumping and other unrealistic stuff in arcade shooters but in tactical and realism, never.

Ok to shame for u cause some of these places are really good in BC. And i use some of em in Obj to. I think its fun to find new places on maps ppls never seen before. And to get of some of these places needs another player to get onto, and that is teamwork like in the irl world. Otherwise when i play no one ever listens to if i need backup or something like that but when i want to come to one of these places some players knows i need help and thats realistic teamwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Sooner or later they will have to strt putting in a part of teh copde that makes you fall off very narrow surfaces like wires, power cables, the top of fences and ledges not meant for standing on.

As you see, those "new places" are poorly textured, those are that way because they arent really meant to be seen. -minus some facts that many or most thirdparty maps do have poor texturing except for some exceptional good ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:59 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like TJs in BC sometimes, but it's usually the ones that are coded into the maps but people are too lazy to figure out (like the roof above the specops spawn in dem_snow. I'm keeping it to myself, but if you know the other one, it's very simiar :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:45 am 
Marksman
Marksman

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Sooner or later they will have to strt putting in a part of teh copde that makes you fall off very narrow surfaces like wires, power cables, the top of fences and ledges not meant for standing on.

As you see, those "new places" are poorly textured, those are that way because they arent really meant to be seen. -minus some facts that many or most thirdparty maps do have poor texturing except for some exceptional good ones.

Hmm ok, i like it cause it dont make the maps so boring. And its cool to see persons on new places. If all ppls are going to camp at same spots every round it will be boring to play :P

Post subject: Re: trick jump video
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:52 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

LMAO my man redkiller!!

oh by the way skyfire, ower SHIELD mappers made a cool map, do you guys wanna host it? its called SHIELD_base

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:40 am 
High Master
High Master

Oh my, I was starting to get annoyed by his sniping skills, LEAD, DON'T FOLLOW, and then, it took him like a whole mag from an M4 to kill someone, oh wait, wrong video. I knew about all of those, and know shorter ways to get to them.

Post subject: Re: trick jump video
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:22 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Dragonathan wrote:
LMAO my man redkiller!!

oh by the way skyfire, ower SHIELD mappers made a cool map, do you guys wanna host it? its called SHIELD_base

Hmm i wanna check that map out u got any link to it dragon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:48 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well... the video is... interesting... I couldn't find a better waste of time then to find a few 'trick' jumps.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:47 am 
Master
Master

Skyfire I liked the video, I knew about most of those few new ones for me. A few fun ones aren't there though. Trick jumps map exploits I only do those in In clan funwars beause they are fun to do. I never do those on public servers or scrims because you hear ppl complaining or always asking how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Ofcourse you dont. Why, because those are exploits of flaws in map design those locations arent suppose to be accessible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 pm 
Master
Master

meh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:48 am 
Master
Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
Well... the video is... interesting... I couldn't find a better waste of time then to find a few 'trick' jumps.

~Silentcrisis

The only good thing about this is that the devs can see what they got to fix in the maps, but anyway with 0.49 doing stuff like that wont be possible... i hope lol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]