All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Looking for a UNIT
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:04 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I did mention Unit and NOT Clan, so if your unit calls themselves a CLAN, I am NOT interested.

I will also NOT add so called TAGS to my name, and I am interested in military tactics ingame. If you do not know of any, that is ok, I have 14 years experiance in the U.S.Army and know quite a bit of tactical movement in open areas and in close quarters.

I know it is ONLY a game, but would like to play with those that are also looking for good teamwork, having fun, and not for just individual RAMBO style of gameplay. If you are somehow the last one alive, then RAMBO style is ok.

I mentioned the term Clan before, let me explain why I will not use it and get offended by it.
For one, if you are of Scottish or Irish decent and actually wear a kilt, then yes, you are part of a CLAN. I am part Irish, but no affiliation with a Clan.

The terminology CLAN, also came from a video game called MechWarrior, and all the Mech related games. The armies in the games were called CLANS and were a part of the game. The communities that played the game called themselves CLANS and used names for their CLANS that were already in the game.

Then somehow, other wannabe gaming communities started to call themselves CLANS also.
The CLAN was good for Mech related games, but guess what?
This is not MechWarrior, and I do not belong to a Scottish or Irish CLAN, so I will not use the terminology in a manner that it was not intended.

So, are there any UNITS out there looking for a team oriented player willing to help give instruction on open/close quaters combat while having fun without me having to change my name by adding a tag to it?
ok, the tag thing, simple... Google Cope57 , my name shows up a few times... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well I dont get the idea here. But in my case and my "clan" we are subdivided into induvidual fireteams in squads. As a whole we have divisions that play the same game, and the entire company which plays different games. That is why we are called the Alpha Company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I think I MIGHT get your concept here, but correct me if I'm wrong...

So your suggesting a Unit is like a small group of guys who don't have tags, use teamwork religously, and play in a mature manner? :?
I didn't think such a thing was even possible.
Maybe you should make your own "Unit" and start recruiting.... I would gladly join you.
I can't stand a team that goes their seperate ways as soon as they spawn and never communicate or form a plan.
I would love to have a team that's coordinated, plays it safe, and covers all the bases (figuratively speaking).
Besides, I can rarely even connect to a game as it is. :cry:

Sign me up! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:22 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Since I basically dont play TCE because of the spawncamper and lamer issues and the exploit maps (not map exploits, exploitmaps - which a specifically made to be exploited). If you even get into AA or FEAR I would gladly join... and if you happen to stumble by me and the TAC, youll get all the help you could ask for.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]