Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elite Honor: Modern Warfare
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:29 pm 
Quote:
Also, this game is aiming to honor and create respect for the countless Marines currently risking their lives for our freedom over in the Middle East.

*cough, cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

Damn! I wanted to quote this post but used the "edit" button for moderators. Argh. Any way to restore the original post? I'm so sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Exactly what is this thread about? Thee arent any more details?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:20 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

lol Melmoth.

He was making a mod on Jedi Academy or something and was looking for help.

I'm sure if you pmed him, he'd edit his post again Melmoth :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if I had that game I can help him. it is Quake3 based so its no problem to m for modelling.

Post subject: No prob
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:23 pm 
Ok, below is the original message:

Hello All! I am Krummel, aka Zemmurk Trooper, and i have recently started a mod called Elite Honor: Modern Warfare. It started on Jedi Academy, then was decided to have the mod more appropriately on WET.

This mod puts you in the seat of a United States Marine in a warzone in the Middle East, with the purpose to fight the War on Terrorism. You will go through the hardships of a Marine and the intense action, alone or in a group, that a Marine would face daily.

The game is aimed to be highly realistic to show you realistic combat, with the weapons and gear that would be used. Also, this game is aiming to honor and create respect for the countless Marines currently risking their lives for our freedom over in the Middle East.

Right now I am lookign for skilled mappers, skinners, moddelers, voiceover actors, scripters, and resource manager (refs, etc.). There will be more spots, but these are the major ones needed.

I am looking in mapping, coding, and skinning/modelling enough experience to give a good product. If you have work from before, feel free to show it to me.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns over the mod, or if you or someone you know is interested in helping/joining, please post or contact me directsly through the below:

AIM: drgregk
Email: drgregk @ comcast.net
MSN: drgregk @ comcast.net
Yahoo: gregkrummel

Thanks for any interest or support!

Gregory Krummel

P.S.-I have posted 8 other places, and not much help whatsoever has come forth (mostly vulgarities). Someone though led me here, so i hope someone can help. It would be great if some people could help form here, but im aware individuals helping could become a conflict, so if its ok with the team if you dont want individuals from here to help then possibly (since were goign for a nearly common goal) we could share resources (savign each of us time and work in many ways). Ive found ove rmy other mods that alliances and sharing resources always end up good in the end in multiple ways.

Ok, thats the point. Any questions, comments, concerns, or applications, post below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm 
I know ive posted a lot and ive PMed some people here over the issue, but talkign with others showed that sharing resources isnt gonna happen. Is it possible that my mod runs off of your system (with some modificatiosn for our needs) with the proper credit given to the team?

Zem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

Diane wrote:
lol Melmoth.

He was making a mod on Jedi Academy or something and was looking for help.

I'm sure if you pmed him, he'd edit his post again Melmoth :P

Stupid me, really....
I'm happy the content is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 am 
High Master
High Master

LOL, shame on you mel. :lol:

Post subject: Questions About Lasers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:58 pm 
Wow, long time.

Well, one of the things we were thinking of adding to the weapons in EHMW is Laser Aim as seen below:

Right now, the only idea we have is to take the similar effects from the trip mine in JK2/JK3 and make it so that the rifle has a laser coming out of the module that will be modelled on. However, we noticed that the laser on the trip mine came out of where a flash tag was placed, which would pose problems since the guns in this game only have 1 flash tag.

Anyone have an idea how to have the laser come out of the module we build on? If anybody wants to play with the laser i have the files from JK2/JK3.

Below is a laser pic form the other game to show what im talkign about and why its appropriate:

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/7/p ... 969_69.jpg

Ideas? Please Reply!

ZemmurkTrooper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:39 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, you took that picture from Jedi Knight Files mod database. It was yesterdays pic of the day. :P

But the only reason you'd catch me using a laser would be if I want to be shot at. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

noone would really go around with that gun that has attachments on everyside. ot only is it heavier, its harder to manouver and harder to hide with the big piece of a light show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:12 am 
Yup, it is that pic ;).

Well, the gun you see there is only to show the laser sight-half of the attachments you see there wont be used. The weapons will be set up similar to TC:E with only a few having laser sight (and you would be able to turn it on/off). The weapons will only have a simple capsule emitter under the barrel and thats it. Plus, in the time that person sees the laser and tries to trace the laser or move, there dead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]