Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it is faster.
here:

Fileplanet : Wait time 120mins Download time 86mins
Filefront: Wait time 0.5mins Download time 85mins
Filecloud: Wait time 0mins DOwnload time 16-13hrs
Torrent: wait time: N/A Download time: uncertain between 9hrs to a year or two

----------------

these are the rates that I get.
I just finished playing a few rounds of Control. Its great. Im not top fragger yet but im not that easy to kill unless I cant see you.

What this game needs is a realism mod like TCE that would be cool.

----------------

It will work with DX8 and DX9

-----------------

A must have... get it if you want but its a 1.8 Gb download so its not worth downloading if you only plan to play for a day, get the multiplayer demo instead if you just want to try it out.

score 8.5 out of 10 for excelt and fun pwnage (it never gets irritating when you get pwned cause you are given a large amount of gore to enjoy, your own inards I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:22 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, I downloaded it with uTorrent in only half an hour. :-P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:06 am 
Expert
Expert

Hey so post some screens and a short review when you get a chance.
My curiosity is piqued.
But my patience is low if the game takes too long to download and in the end sucks.

Gracias, amigos!
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Buy the game and you'll be impressed by the single player a lot... I like the multiplayer, but the benefit to it being open sourced is that there could be more mods and possibly new and exciting Conversion mods.

The FEAR Engine is ultimately a good one...

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:43 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm downloading on Filefront...... got 4 hours left (I just started). Downloading at an average of 125 KB/Sec (vs about 20 or so elsewhere).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its great, even though its sytem reqs are higher than AA, I jsut have to set the settings appropriately, and unlike AA, I dont get lag when someone shoots.

The engine is called "Lithtech JupiterEX" which is a leading contender to Doom3 and Unreal2.5 - plus Lithtech is much easier to edit and suitable for both indoor coridoor and outdoor environments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Buy the game and you'll be impressed by the single player a lot...

I played the Demo, it had SP and MP.
The SP seemed pretty cool, but it actually didn't make me run out and buy it, plus the specs are a little heavy, I got a lot of low FPSs, so not much fun.
The MP part of the demo seemed like Quake 3, super fast run and gun, but in a tiny map.

Well, I guess since I now realize that FEAR Combat is the exact same thing as MP FEAR Retail Version (which was a little derivative fundamentally, and not what I usually play) , I guess I was just trying to see if I would get convinced enough to try it.
Maybe I will get it, maybe not.
I think I'm more excited at the possibility of total conversions of it by the modding community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there arent any total conversions as of now. maybe if a few months or a year. The gameplay is like Quake3/Unreal Tournament except that, you dont exactly move that fast but you or anyone can get killed pretty fast. -again like with every shooter, ther are hackers, spawncampers (even if the server says it isnt allowed they continue to), campers, exploiters, etc. Very minimal at the moment but it may escalate by december.

Made top fragger on a server today on SpillKill. I did killing sprees of six before getting killed, then that same thing again and again. The game would be better if it had objective based missions of coop objective mission using the so-called AI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:27 pm 
Master
Master

TCE with the engine and the graphics of FEAR would kick royal ass... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well, only if you can meet the system requirements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:03 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

The FEAR Engine challenges even the most advanced Graphic Cards.

I just got the GeForce 7900 have almos 3 gigs of RAM and am still getting some random pauses and lag in both Single Player and Multiplayer. Then again, I do have the video and graphics settings tuned up to the max. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

to run FEAR on max you will need something higher than a 3 Ghz processor with 2mb L2 cache (loading, physics), 2GbRAM (textures adn sounds) and 2 video cards on SLI/Crossfire (display)

I dont have problems running it on medium at 1024x768 on my Opteron 1.8Ghz with 1Gb RAM and Radeon X700

I would recommend that you avoid using the SDK 1.07 as it will take up to 6+Gb of space, take a long time to install and screw up FEAR combat.
I had to reinstall because of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
Well, only if you can meet the system requirements.

I'm maxing out on all the games made within the last 2 years. 0.0

the latest one that works half-decent is Silkroad. it's on low, but it totally pwns WoW graphics-wise...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

WOW is suppose to be cartoonish, thats one of the things I like ni the warcraft series, it takes away the ugliness of reality for the brief moments of playing the games.

The FEAR system requiremnts are flexible to computers from 3 or 4 years ago, supposing that the said computer was "the latest" at the time.

Just set the settings accordingly, maybe lower the resolution so that you can get the best possible amount of FPS. with a 1.8Ghz processor and the feasible X700 I can run FEAR at medium settings on 1024x768 with 75 fps not going under 25 and barely hitting 50.

Try lowering the settings to minimum, fear still looks great even when most settings are at medium and minimum.

Also, there are often alot of lowping servers between 30-130 which is good and the server browser is often correct about the ping unlike the AA MBS which say the ping is 20 but in reality it is 200.

Getting top fragger is really easy and that is playing with the retail owners of FEAR. 72-17/kill-death HOOAH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:58 am 
Marksman
Marksman

i downloaded and installed it for nothing heh...i knew it wasnt gonna work but hey i like to know that i own it now :P
i got a intel extreme 3D 64mb integrated so thats why i bet
when i open it i can hear the sounds and stuff but i cant see sh!t only a black screen so i guess i'll wait till i get a new vid card

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next