All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Dude its just a game
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

http://www.gamespy.com/pc/americas-army/709854p1.html

check this nut hole out. Ill tk if I ever get this guy in my way. :roll: sure its for the marines who died in Iraq, but his is the army's game not the marines. god man! go to Close Combat First to fight, not here in AA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:15 pm 
High Master
High Master

What an ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:27 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I can see his motives since AA is a propaganda project for the US military - and why he targeted that game and not other combat types.

His methods are just.... weird....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it's probably easier to protest in a game than IRL...

and, just for clarification, because I agree with you diane,

Propaganda

n : information that is spread for the purpose of promoting some cause

so, basically, ads are propiganda. and AA is one big n00b-filled ad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

depends whenre and who you play it with. Most AA players arent no0bs, no0bs eventually do something drastic enough to get banned. but this guy is absolutely crazy! a waste of bandwith.. and server space... he should just do that in the IRC instead of ingame, there, people will actually listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:07 am 
High Master
High Master

I'm not exactly sure how I would take that, I find that, different, yeah it's just a game, but as Diane said up there, it is basically a propaganda project for the Army, yes, you can't denie that it is a recruiting tool to get people to join, all it's gonna teach people, is war is a game (and how to load an M16, M203, M249, and an M4 :P) If he really wanted to get his message out, thats a good place to do it, AA has a ton of people playing it. But if I ever saw this, I think I would just take my eyes off the typing up there, and try and concentrate on the game, although, I would probably find that hard. :? Kind of makes me feel weird just reading the three names he's got there.

Another thing I want to know about this, if he's gonna do it, why the hell just Marines, the Army is over there, the Navy is over there, the Air Force is over there, and lots more of soldiers, people seems to focus on the Marines, but they aren't the only soldiers in that country, I don't find this war entirely right, Bin Laden supposedly attacked the US, he's not in Iraq (not that we know of) Why did we even go to Iraq, the only reason I can think of, is Bush wants to show his dad he can make a war last longer than two weaks, well he's succeded, and showed that he can lose alot more people than his dad, he's suceded and failed in both aspects. :evil:

And my god, you know why it's a game, to show people that war is not a game, you play it, you think, well, if war is this easy, I'll go join the military and show them that I can do more, thats not helping. But making a game to show kids what war is like is nearly impossible. You would have to strap the person up in about 100 pounds of gear, even more for other class, make the person do the work, the same a soldier would do, shoot the person so they know what it feels like, hit them with grenades, flash bangs, shoot them over and over, putting the person through so much, that it would not be a game, but a war against themselves. It's impossible to show a person what it is like, and the Army shows them what they can. So this guy can just stop complaining, because had the Army not made this game, there would be no game for him to "advertise" his deaths on. He should be happy there is a game that shows people what it's like, you may feel no pain, but it sure can scare you. Seeing the blood, it may be fake, but there are people that cannot take it, looking down the sights of a fake gun, shooting at a moving enemy, seeing an enemy through a scope, lining the hairs on the enemies head, if you can't take that, you can' take the miltary, so it's almost a test, if you decide to join because of a game, it's your fault, if you join because of a game, it's not his, if you decide to join because of a game, you have probelms. So I do not see how it's his right to show everyone the names of lost soldiers that faught for there country, they faught not because of a game, but because they wanted to defend there country, showing the name of a soldier as a seprate person is just stupid, they joined the military to be a team, to fight to save there team, it's not a seperate soldier fight out there, it's a fight through a team. In AA, you mainly fight as one seperate unit, not a team, Americas Army is too different to show to a person that the military. But the miltary shows to the public how they work, trains them how a soldier would be trained, puts the player through a real situation, it's all exactly like a military situation, the only thing missing, is the pain and suffering of the soldier that faught to save his country, so this guy is right, and he is also wrong.
Geez I type too much.

http://www.gamespy.com/pc/americas-army/709854p2.html This picture on this page just kind of freaks me out, a dead soldier with the names of other dead soldiers apperaing above him, I understand it's a game soldier but still, it's just weird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:40 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That dead AA soldier was him. Some people get annoyed and shoot him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:07 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well I figured that, and it just makes it weirder, the guy showing the names of every dead soldier, and his team shoots him for it, it's strange, lol, expect more forum activity to be kind of low for a little while, I burnt my fingure pretty bad. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There is no use for activity since there hasnt even been any news lately. That guy was just causing server bandwith use up and also takes up a slot for a potential player, aswell as causing an annoyance since he usually ends upin the middle of the corridors or doorway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:15 am 
High Master
High Master

Xeno, no matter what you say, that picture is still weird to me.and I really don't care if he has an obsession with dead people. Well thats weird too, him, ok, this guy is just weird, I understand his motive but why like this? I mean go find a big mountain and carve the names in it, it'll last longer, trust me.

Quote:
why the hell just Marines
Never mind about that, I read it all. :P Still though, jack whipe, having just Marines on that first picture, geez. :roll: :oops:

Lol, you knwo all that mumbo jumbo crap about fighting for your country isn't true, all they want ot do is shoot someone and blow **** up, thats all, no one actually has enough pride in there country to go die for it, and as Patton said "The idea of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his!" LOL, I love that quote, makes so much sense :P
I know quite a few people that are or were in the military, not a one of them say it's to defend there country, hell the one guy said he wanted ot be the first one to have a confirmed kill on his block, lol. as for the father of me, no idea why he joined :? But yeah, me, typical wanna blow shit up, and shoot something, plus the defend my country and the traiing and the helpful blah blah blah... you know, normal stuff. T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:54 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

He is typing in the names of the marines because it is the Marines that are sent to battle these days. The army is primarily for defensive purposes. Those guys in Iraq, theyre US Marines. This guy doesnt have an obsesion with dead people he is simply making the players aware of how many people really die because of war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:42 pm 
High Master
High Master

I understand that but the Army is over there, as well as the Air Force and Navy, why just Marines though, which I answered in my last post, he is posting the names of all of them, not just Marines. If you look at one of the screen shots, some idiot syas, your not encouraging me to join the serveices, looks most likely in a bad tone, well guess what genius, he's not encouraging you by showing all the names of dead soldiers, not sure the military wants stupid people anyway, and then theres the one guy who ssyas, I'm in the Army, well if you have a star, then yeah, great for oyu to tell us but we can see that, and if he doesn't have one, well that just makes him look closer to the age of 10. I know atleast 4 people over there that are in the Army, not Marines, National Guard is not mainly over there because, if you can't figure the answer to that reason out you shouldn't be alive. Only reason you mainly hear of Marines and not Army is because the Marines don't care if you watch them shoot a guy in the head point blank, the Army is more concsious about this and does not get much air time. I also want to make this known, Balance of power
1.Army SF
2.Army Enlisted
3.Army NG
4.Navy SEALS
5.Marines
6.Navy
7.Dirt
8.Air Force
Now get to understand this chart and you will do well in the world, Air force is a bunch of wimps on steroids with really big plains, you never get to see the power of the soldier because he never fights, the plain does it for him, as for the rest of them, there is true work to be done and stay out of there way. While I still find some of those massive planes that cost billions to build quite amazing. *looks into the wild blue yonder* Reminds ya of Lassie doesn't it, I know it does, come one, come on, say it, it does. 8)

This was based on the Human Soldier of each military branch, not the machines that are used to fight the war that help the human soldier.

Never blow up your fire extinguisher, you might need it to put the fire out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The army is ussual incharge of keeping things inorder aswell as making sure that the country is going well. The marines are the strike force, as in the first to arrive and since the start of Operation Enduring Freedom, its been marines who have been getting killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:04 am 
High Master
High Master

Did you read a single thing I wrote, besides, it's normally not the Marines that are there first, it's the Special Forces who do some intelligence and some ground work to prep the area befor the big attack, you never see this on TV because it's suppose to be kept low, not where everyone knows it within a week. As for what Special Forces, it's usually Navy SEALS and Army Special Forces. Special Forces are kind of kept out of a job during the war, but just before it they are wroking down there getting information and actually starting the war. War's to the people here back at home only start when the TV says they do. But they actually start realtivly a month before. Plans start to build, and they send SF in to see if the plans for attack can and if they will work. One of the reasons this war is going so bad is because there was little preperation. They attacked us, the Bin Laden guy supposedly, we went to attack Afghanastan, and ended up attacking Iraq. All the preperation was made for Afghanastan, not Iraq, some people say this war is ogin well, but after almost 5 years, I don't think it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That was ofcourse before the time of the internet and sattelites. Now, you dont need to risk a whole team of your best men just to get intel on the enemy. But, join SF, your choice, if you really want it you gotta work for it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next