All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
You cant play TCE on console because as far as we all know there is no WET for console. The guy was just hoping and you immediately tough it was true. If you can do that, then prove it, show the process and show the proof, burn a disk and send it to me, Ill have it tested. Dont take anything as the truth until you can prove it yourself.

oh and another thing... playstation will be a supercomputer, you can surf and download files and stuff, how did i know it? i saw it on a vid, reviewed by the devs of SONY PLAYSTATION

and i still dont understand why you hate sony playstation that much...
allot of playstation games have contributed allot in the gaming scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

nVidia GF FX5500 have been outdated way before he even got it. My card is going to be outdated in a couple of years but by then I would have upgraded. If you knew what you wer buying in the first place that scenario would have not been possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:18 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

k.. but what about this part?
Shiro013 wrote:
So spend it on a one time fee, no upgrades needed, and you should come out about the same as a new computer with no games either. The latest video card by Nvidia is like a dual video card, so once you buy the $900 one you have to buy another $300 one for it to work at it's best. And it even requires it's own power supply, so thats another $50 in cooling to keep it cool, so you buy one thing for a computer, you need ten more.

"so once you buy the $900 one you have to buy another $300 one for it to work at it's best. And it even requires it's own power supply, so thats another $50 in cooling to keep it cool, so you buy one thing for a computer, you need ten more"

what about that?

lol pc fanboy!!

well ill just spend 500 on ps3, and im done with those issue''s, plus i wont have freaking problems and errors and bugs and stuff,
i dont want that shit!! cause when im playing a game,
i just wanna have fun with out having those shit in my head.
cause i dont like to be frustrated about bugs or wich hardware i still need to buy.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

uhum, excuse me.. $900? you know, you get mot of the lastest GPUs at newegg for way less than 1/2 or 1/3 of that price. and Normally 1 gpu is enough, nVidia's 7950 has a version that comes build in with two, and once you go dual you wont have to upgrade until the next, say, 7 years or until they can have the power of two in one. SC, show them the prices. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:22 am 
Master
Master

I dont like ps3 that much cuz people think its way better then what it realy is( im talking graphics). The Xbox360 has lots more power then the ps3 but less hard drive space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:37 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and it will look better and better,

its just because its new, the older the console gets, the better the graphics, because the developers will keep improving the games,

xbox360 is good too, i know, because i own one,
PAWNAGE!!

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:47 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
well the vids on the first post of this thread arent the official ps3 graphics,

this is the real ps3 graphics,
read this thread:
http://truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=765

Hmmmm go on this site and look at the memory of the 360 and the Processor compared to the one of the ps3... then you're gonna see what i was talking about. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

check this out, check the statistics, ohh and ps3 is using cellprocessor
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:07 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
check this out, check the statistics, ohh and ps3 is using cellprocessor
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

Hmmm I guess u didn’t see that the xbox360 has 3 processors, but anyways I don’t really care so many people are dying in the world because of poverty and secret wars that videogames don’t have any meaning when you look at the world with question. And the first reason videogames exist is to keep people desecrated from the real world (what’s really going on) but what the heck I guess we can’t run away from entertainment cuz it’s all over us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:16 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

cellprocessor is more powerful than 3 processors dude...

but the thing about xbox is that devs can develop games more easier for xbox,
but its 5 times more difficult to develop a game for the playstation3,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and your point is? PCs are still more powerful than that and with the creation of the new physics processors, PC games will be better than console games for the next several years until the following generations of consoles are released. By then, PC will once again have something new. The cell processor is not very different overpowered server class processor like the AMD Opterons and Intel Xeons. Only difference is it does the GPU's work aswell which in the PC world, if you strain it you smell smoke, so imagine the cooling system needed for that. Dualcore Opterons and ATi Crossfire GPUs will still beat that easily and will actually last longer bcause the work is divided among different processors not just one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:47 pm 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan wrote:
k.. but what about this part?
Shiro013 wrote:
So spend it on a one time fee, no upgrades needed, and you should come out about the same as a new computer with no games either. The latest video card by Nvidia is like a dual video card, so once you buy the $900 one you have to buy another $300 one for it to work at it's best. And it even requires it's own power supply, so thats another $50 in cooling to keep it cool, so you buy one thing for a computer, you need ten more.

"so once you buy the $900 one you have to buy another $300 one for it to work at it's best. And it even requires it's own power supply, so thats another $50 in cooling to keep it cool, so you buy one thing for a computer, you need ten more"

what about that?

lol pc fanboy!!

well ill just spend 500 on ps3, and im done with those issue''s, plus i wont have freaking problems and errors and bugs and stuff,
i dont want that shit!! cause when im playing a game,
i just wanna have fun with out having those shit in my head.
cause i dont like to be frustrated about bugs or wich hardware i still need to buy.

Did you read a thing I wrote, thats exactly what I said, spend it on a one time fee for a console, and not a constant upgrade that still never seems to look good. And yes, consoles are normally glitch and error proof, another good point supporting consoles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:57 pm 
High Master
High Master

-Aequitas- wrote:
I dont like ps3 that much cuz people think its way better then what it realy is( im talking graphics). The Xbox360 has lots more power then the ps3 but less hard drive space.

Uhh no, actually the PS3 is supposed to be stronger, and usually what you see, is what you get, and you see some damn good graphics, not some crap like a whack off computer job, which is not going to get much further, computers are getting to a stand still, they are trying to get better graphics, and it's not working, they are attemping to make it look as real as possible, well it's looking awfuly real, but still not real enough, it's the difference btween real, and fake, it's not comparable. The Xbox360 came out this year also, the PS3 is like next year or something, it is deffinatley going to be alot better, plus Xbox just kind of sucked since it's first creation, only reason it's so great is because the rich guy said it was, it's not, and all they care about is those damn sports games, you buy one, you got them all, so stop falling for it, just because it says 07 and not 06 on it, means nothing.

And Xeno, I still have an FX5500, I'm sorry, I live in a small town, no one makes much money, so I don't get the opperatunity to go spend my daddies money on a massive graphics card like you city spoiled idiots.

And the $900 card is the 9600, latest and greatest supposedly, only availble to higher end models, and wil only ever run on the better computers, it is a new and upgradable thing, so instead of spending the thousands on the next one, you just spend about 500 and get better graphics. -_- gee, woopdy do. And it does require a secondary card to work to full potential, which I belive is about $300. It's in this catolouge I have, Tiger Direct.

I really need to read it all before I start double posting. -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Quote:
And the $900 card is the 9600, latest and greatest supposedly, only availble to higher end models, and wil only ever run on the better computers, it is a new and upgradable thing, so instead of spending the thousands on the next one, you just spend about 500 and get better graphics. -_- gee, woopdy do. And it does require a secondary card to work to full potential, which I belive is about $300. It's in this catolouge I have, Tiger Direct.

I can get it for less than 1/3 of your price and the lastest from ATi is now RX1900 with several different variations depending on the card manufacturer (not the chipset manufacturer) and each having a broad price range and power not exceeding $500. 9600 was obsolete since 4 years i believe, since HL2 was first announced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:39 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I botched you guys up with ET for the PS3? You guys obviously haven't heard that the PS3 is being shipped with IBM Linux on the hard drive, and there is an ET for Linux! Thus, TC:E on the PS3!

The PS3 is available midnight of November 14th. Expect riot squads at your local Circuit City.

The Xbox 360 does not have three processors. It has three SPEs -- seperate number-crunching units inside of the CPU. The PS3 has eight, but a single one isn't as powerful as the single SPEs in the 360. Together, though, it is capable of more than the 360's "Xenon" processor. John Carmack, lead programmer at id Software, said that the Cell's eight SPEs were possibly more difficult to develop rendering engines for, but overall were better for gameplay because data can be allotted better without lag caused by diveeing up work -- for instance, one SPE handling physics, another sound, etc. He called them "nuggets".

MGS3 on the computer would be difficult, as the contols are hold-and-release based (kinda PS1-ish) and would get difficult on a keyboard. The Fury must have been a lot of fun to battle. Which emulator are you using? Many of the current emus don't have mouse support, and I also can't find one that actually supports MGS3.

Blu-ray drives for the computer will be $700 starting in late August, and blu-ray players will be $900-1K. A $500 blu-ray player, with mankind's most advanced processor, Linux, a 20GB HDD, and a next-gen games console.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next