Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and hence the pc has gamepads, not expensive too. There might be linux for the ps3 but we are yet to know what and how the game will react and work when you try to run it on hardware and drivers not similar to the original hardware it was meant for, which are desktop computers and laptops. The hardware used for consoles may have the same names as those in the pc, but they are not 100% alike and therfore software would run very differently if it wasnt made to be compatible with that hardware or software driver. Most PCgames that are produced for consoles need to have thier graphics driver changed to be compatible to consoles so that could the the biggest problem you might encounter. (this would only apply to the game, but if you dont have the right hardware-software drivers for your ps3 hardware, I doubt using an OS not meant for the ps3 would even work with the existing hardware, even linux. In that case only a reprogrammed linux OS that has drivers written for the PS3 hardware will work)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:07 pm 
Master
Master

Shiro013 wrote:
-Aequitas- wrote:
I dont like ps3 that much cuz people think its way better then what it realy is( im talking graphics). The Xbox360 has lots more power then the ps3 but less hard drive space.

Uhh no, actually the PS3 is supposed to be stronger, and usually what you see, is what you get, and you see some damn good graphics, not some crap like a whack off computer job, which is not going to get much further, computers are getting to a stand still, they are trying to get better graphics, and it's not working, they are attemping to make it look as real as possible, well it's looking awfuly real, but still not real enough, it's the difference btween real, and fake, it's not comparable. The Xbox360 came out this year also, the PS3 is like next year or something, it is deffinatley going to be alot better, plus Xbox just kind of sucked since it's first creation, only reason it's so great is because the rich guy said it was, it's not, and all they care about is those damn sports games, you buy one, you got them all, so stop falling for it, just because it says 07 and not 06 on it, means nothing.

And Xeno, I still have an FX5500, I'm sorry, I live in a small town, no one makes much money, so I don't get the opperatunity to go spend my daddies money on a massive graphics card like you city spoiled idiots.

And the $900 card is the 9600, latest and greatest supposedly, only availble to higher end models, and wil only ever run on the better computers, it is a new and upgradable thing, so instead of spending the thousands on the next one, you just spend about 500 and get better graphics. -_- gee, woopdy do. And it does require a secondary card to work to full potential, which I belive is about $300. It's in this catolouge I have, Tiger Direct.

I really need to read it all before I start double posting. -_-

You're just talking without knowing the facts, and ps3 is coming out in November ( in north America, the rest I don’t know) And the graphics of the 360 will be better look at this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well duh... XBOX has Microsoft backing it, that mean sit has DirectX on its side, the graphic language used by most, or nearly all western game devs. The 360, just like the PC, as listed on games that have true HDRi lighting show that game versions for the PC and XBOX feature HDRi lighting, like TCE will soon have. Yet unlike TCE's simulated HDRi, I am talking about true hardware HDRi, meaning only hardware that have the capability to have HDRi that run on directx can use the HDRi for games meant to be used wih DX. HDR will make games look more real even if the rest of the graphics can be called c+++. Some PS games will try to simulate that by using excessive light bloom, but thats not HDR, thats just an eyesore. Really HDRi will adapt, just like your eyes, as you walk froma dark room to a bright room your eyes will adapt in time, but lightbloom doesnt have that and will just blind you.

Might I add:

http://www.anmartech.com/news/2006/june ... enecks.php

and BTW, HD will only get you very large resolutions, doesnt really mean the graphics will be anybetter and can only be noticed in comparison to regular definition if your screen was as big as your backwall.

and BLUERAY.thats only a carrying media and it is unlikely that they will even use up that much disk space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-Aequitas- wrote:
You're just talking without knowing the facts, and ps3 is coming out in November ( in north America, the rest I don’t know) And the graphics of the 360 will be better look at this http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

i did look at it, and by the statistic, i can see that ps3 is more powereful...
oh.. and ps3 is gonna be released in japan first.

and xeno why do you praise microsoft that much??

they have caust allot of problems on people's pc's,
like virusses, and microsoft have detroyed many computers cause of that,

MAC, LINUX are 100times better so dont praise microsoft that much dude...
the only thing microsoft is good at is making userfriendly interfaces,

ps3 will be supported by:

IBM, yes IBM, they make chips and computers remember? pawnage.
TOSHIBA, they make computers and tons of other products remember? pawnage.
LINUX, the reliable software!! no virusses!! pawnage.

and the biggest pawnage, SONY, yup SONY,
they manafacture the best electronic products in the world...

wanna hear another pawnage?

playstation is made by japanese people,
and most japanese people are innovative,

k?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 pm 
Master
Master

*i did look at it, and by the statistic, i can see that ps3 is more powereful...*

Hmmm oka what ever enjoy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

only the hardware when induvidually compared (as in per part) is more powerful. But putting them together bottlenecks it. 360 has a better gpu thats for sure, and I dont praise microsoft, only PC harware, software and PC gaming. Not changing my mind about it, even if you dont want to face the idea the the PS3 has alot more flaws than you are telling me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

PS3:
550MHz NVIDIA

XBOX360:
500MHz ATi
-----------------

based on the statistic trom the link that Aequitas gave me.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

-----------------------
heres another example,
processor:

PS3:
3.2GHz Cell w/ 7 SPEs
2.0 TFLOPS

XBOX360:
3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
1.0 TFLOPS
-----------------------------------

so are you guys gonna avoid the fact again... that ps3 is way way more powerful?

but i came to the conclusion that you guys just hate playstation because its not an western product.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:52 pm 
Master
Master

anyways im not a big console fan, but i do have the original xbox and my computer and thats about it. Maybe il buy a 360 for halo 3 :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:59 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
PS3:
550MHz NVIDIA

XBOX360:
500MHz ATi
-----------------

based on the statistic trom the link that Aequitas gave me.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

-----------------------

here another example,
processor:

PS3:
3.2GHz Cell w/ 7 SPEs
2.0 TFLOPS

XBOX360:
3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
1.0 TFLOPS
-----------------------------------

so are you guys gonna avoid the fact again... that ps3 is way way more powerful?

but i came to the conclusion that you guys just hate playstation because its not an western product.

*but i came to the conclusion that you guys just hate playstation because its not an western product.* OMG you got me wrong boy...I don’t like one console more then the other cuz Bill Gates is a control freak and I hate plastation3 because people think its WAY WAY better then xbox360 and its not. The technology has come to a limit, what I mean by that is that the graphics of the ps3 and the 360 will be almost the same or probably the same until the technology gets better and make computer graphics even crazier then they are now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i personally think that both consoles have there own characteristics and there own advantages,
so take both consoles,
remember the time of n64 and ps1?
well now is the time of 360 and ps3,

so its good to own both of them, cause both are good,

but you know what the odd thing is? were not discussing about the nintendo wii, nintendo wii is kinda revolutionary, the joystick is kinda unique, but i think it sucks if you play fighting games like mortal kombat or tekken.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:11 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i personally think that both consoles have there own characteristics and there own advantages,
so take both consoles,
remember the time of n64 and ps1?
well now is the time of 360 and ps3,

so its good to own both of them, cause both are good,

but you know what the odd thing is? were not discussing about the nintendo wii, nintendo wii is kinda revolutionary, the joystick is kinda unique, but i think it sucks if you play fighting games like mortal kombat or tekken.
:)

The controler of the nintendo wii looks really hard to play shooter games with. . . and u said n64 vs ps1 but u didn’t say xbox vs ps2

Last edited by -Aequitas- on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

oh and xeno im really curious, which consoles do you or have you owned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Mostly nintendo, never sony. Your specs arent complete. The PS3's nVidia card cn render less triangles persecond compared to what the ATi card in the 360 can do. Even tough the ATi card is slower, it does way more work, more than twice. Next, the cell procesor may be faster with writting data, its reading is much slower, way "waaay" slower, which inturn, with the faster GPU will bottleneck and drop performance of both.

Dont you ever wonder why we pc gamers dont buy cheap processors and expensive gpus? A weak processor, sure it can handle the powerful video card and might save you enough money to get a better gpu, but it also means that the cpu cant catch up with te gpu, therefore information bottlenecks as it is processed making both hardware really inefficient. The other way, expensive cpu, weak gpu, thats not an option either because there wont be enough gp power to begin with.

As for controllers, the PC has various controls that are very much similar to anything onsoles can throw in. Plus, the advantage and presition of mouse aiming seriously beats anything a joystick on a gamepad can give you. Plus, highly specialized key boards putting all keys necessary to games in easy reach ergonomic design and you can still use it for the millions of other things PCs can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Mostly nintendo, never sony.

how can you judge something that you never owned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Oh, ive used one, actually, Ive played on sony before, from PS, to PS2. I know what I am judging, so does the other people who are not falling for sony's scheming.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next