All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

theyll give us something better than AT4s. They will lend us a set of Javelin heat seekers. Laser guided and computer operated with 10x zoom that has IR cameras. BOOM that tanks gone! and perhaps in the future they will give us laser guided and computer operated granade launchers aswell as the TALON droid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:45 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Damn, that would definantly provoke spawn killing. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:02 am 
High Master
High Master

Damn good thing you can't spawn kill in AA, ahahah. And I guess I forgot about the Javelin's too, I know all of this but I kind of forgot about it. :shock:
Brain Whipe! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

spawnkilling isnt possible coz youll end up in limbo for the next ten minutes if you die. Thats the beauty of one life modes, no spawnkillling possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:46 am 
High Master
High Master

Yes, I love the beauty. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

New sitrep. http://www.americasarmy.com/community/

They added a new compass and minimap similar to the one in BF2. The even made a snazzy name for it. "Situation Awareness Indicator" or SAI for short. Well, I never liked the top compass, and I doubt that I will like this compass either.. nor do I like TCE's compass... there just isnt any good use for it besides a big "thing" in the middle of the FOV. Good thing for AA it can be turned off and used as a toggle fullscreenmap in any case you want to use it. According to the forums the game version is now currently under beta testing 2.6.29, and the devs say it could be compelted and released by 2.6.30 if nothnig goes wrong and will be renumbered as "2.7 (Overmatch)".

Sitrep includes a video of some parts of the new maps and the AI in action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:21 am 
High Master
High Master

Woot, good thing you keep track, my tracking skills suck. :P

Plus from that screenshot, looks like we might get the new uni's the Army uses today. They look more British than our old ones. A little more random, almost looks like a set of pixles messed up. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:10 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

New screens and move AA 2.7

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS INDICATOR (SAI) 1

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS INDICATOR (SAI) 2

SAI FLASH VIDEO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes we get the new ACU used by the US army, its design is similar to the Marpat used by marines and Cadpat used by the Canadian Army. The problem is, why bother with camoflage if from the eyes of players on the other team we look more like guys in civie cloths and black and green jackets that standout from the environment. They bothered with the camouflage design one that actually works in game yet it doesnt reall become of anyue because to the opposing team you look like a terrorist in whatever yourre wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:08 am 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, thats true, but it should look like it does, and not a crap model. Other players see you on your team, and with the AI missions, they will see you as the US Army. Although it is the computer, and it will see you when it feels like seeing you. :P I just like ot have a new look and feel. Makes the game feel like a new game. :) Lol, is the Javelin related to a SRAW in any way? Because I saw a new thing on a guys back, it looked exactly like a SRAW, wondering if thats the new anti tank item? I just can't wait to see this new part of the game, all the additions. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the same issues wont be present in the new coopmode. The SRAW uses regular sighting devices, the Javelin uses a larger heavier but better sighting device that is also computerized and has IR with 10x zoom. Its like an upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:11 am 
High Master
High Master

Ahh, ok. Didn't know. I would personally rather have a TOW missle on my Humvee. :P But a portable version is always good. :D Man I can't wait for this game. :D Lol, can't wait to see my dads face when I get a newer uni than what he had, lol. He'll be like, not fair. ‡.‡

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:50 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually in 2.7 the HMMWV will have the CROWS machine gun (remote control) and it will also have mounted grenade launchers and storage for javelin launchers and spares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:17 am 
High Master
High Master

I knew the CROWS thing and the nade launcher, but still, a TOW. :D I figured the Humvee would have room for extra Javelins, but wasn't sure. Lol, I want to see these new uni's in game. Lol, my dads uniform won't work any more, no more sneaking into Army bases. :P Not that I ever did. (>.>) Lol, like it would have done much good anyway, he was just an SSG. And he only made SSG a week before he left, you can tell he wished he was in for another 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, in about a few years the army surplus stores will be selling these ACUs because last time I heard they are developing a more effective pattern that would only be one design and pattern (including color) for all occassions. (By that I mean it will be effective in all theaters). Plus, development of active camouflage isnt going that slow either which will eventually replace most vehicular camos and possibly infantry. In the mean time... the digipattern really seems to work better than the regular olive drab.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next