All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You do know that most people know that. Other than that good mommunication between the team also helps you predict the enemy positions and be ready to flank them. It may look like camping but techinically its not because you know the enemy is 100% going to be passing by and our not just sitting there to wait and see if anyone is going to pass by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:25 am 
High Master
High Master

Xeno, not everyone is a seasoned player like us, there are noobs out there that don't know this stuff, and I just can't wait, so stop ruining my bubble. :evil: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

lol. well dont tell me that tell that to the no0b who keeps coming back to the place where he died prevoiusly for the past 3 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:20 am 
High Master
High Master

It's happened, you know it has, oh my, specific MOS, can't wait to see if it's true. :D 18C is mine. :twisted: Lol, if you plan on joing the military, learn the phoenetic alphabet, I leaned it for the heck of it and found out it's a requirment to know it, so I'm all good there. :D

alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, echo, foxtrot, golf, hotel, india, juliet, kilo, lima, mike, november, oscar, papa, quebec, romeo, sierra, tango, uniform, victor, whiskey, x-ray, yankee, zulu. Pfft, yay. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

psst.. its not that hard... some of us here already know that... I also suggest knowing various shortcuts and terms as well as phonetic alphabet for numbers. Prolly some radio lingo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:14 am 
High Master
High Master

psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst.............guess what Mr. Xeno.... not everyone is smart like us either, SO PUT ON A CAN ON YOUR FACE AND HUM SOFTLY!!!! You have to consider the people that don't know this stuff. Oh and all the numbers are the number except 9, which is niner, symbols are basically just there name, so thats the easy part, and just because you know it doesn't mean you have it memorized. And stop getting off topic, this is AA2.7 here not the phoenetic alphabet. :evil: AA would be alot easier to communicate through if I could use TS and we could get the entire team on TS, but, parents hate it when I use TS, so they don't really allow it, but soon I should have my own computer up and running, should get most of it for my birthday, and then I can sit in my room and game away without a word from them. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

not really. Nadazero, Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine (pronounced with 'r). If yourre going to learn the complete phonetic alphabet youll need these.

If you know the shorcuts for various phrases used in AA and in the real military, its easy to communicate even without TS. There will always be someone who atleast understands a little bit of it, but for the AA terms, nearly everyone should understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:06 am 
High Master
High Master

Yet again, you are assuming your allies know what you mean, and typing is usally very general, while TS can get your allies the correct view on everything, for example, e west rock, not very specific, not if you were on TS< you could just say, theres a guy behind that rock to the west, and then they could explain the rock while still moving or approaching the target, typing never really works, because if you are typing, you never know when the enmy is going to attack, and if they do, your not ready, with TS you can be ready and still explain the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 am 
High Master
High Master

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/MAEL/ag/phonetic.htm there, read that, that is the numbers and letters, nothing abotu what you are saying, and it is a government site so it can be trusted.

Wikipedia which knows almost everything, and is rarely wrong, this is an orriginal write up of the phonetic alphabet, and it also includes morse code, not sure why it's needed in this conversation, but it's there. :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FAA_ ... _Chart.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:17 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats if you were playing with no0bs. I play with those better than me, which explains why I cant really get more than 5 kills in a row. They can be expected to know the place easy. Each part of the map actually has a name other than that we use visual clues as well as audio to tell who what when and where the enemy will be. Normally what most people who want to cooperate will do is report enemy sighting and then report in. It would be good in AA implemented a similar report in feature from BF2 where you also say what you see like "Enemy APC approaching" (from BF2) or "Enemies on the move" and you report in your position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:22 am 
High Master
High Master

I know all of that, so stop explaining it, I am talking about new maps to come that your allies won't all know, like the new maps with AI that is supposed to be really good. And what are you doing, sitting here on the forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

neither would I, we would just compromise with basics of north south east or west, other than that use the kill lo and compare with previously known locations to locate and flush out enemies. Thats why when a new maps comes out, learn it quick to be the best at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Good news Shiro13

http://www.americasarmy.com/community/

sitrep is out, that means 2.7 comes out within 3-6 weeks or longer if additional QA is done but atleast we're assured now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 am 
High Master
High Master

OMG, AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! :D I can't wait. :oops: I am really looking forward to these new missions with the AI, I bet AA's AI can kick BF2's AI's asses. :twisted: Lol, and a commando sneaking up from behind, watch your back, we don't need any slit throats. 8)

And btw, you can just call me Shiro, I just go by Shiro013 because SOMEONE STOAL MY NAME!!!!!!!!! :evil: :P lol, jk, well they did but I'm not mad about it or anything. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ofcourse they can, they are programed to kill you not get in your way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next