All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Serious Quesiton
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:29 am 
High Master
High Master

Supposedly there is a group that can not only ban you from one server, but ban you from all games, including games you've never played and the single player on any of these games. It makes little sense to me how they can do this. If you payed for the game, like a certain amount, it seems impossible for them to do this, because it is then your property once you bought it. Even if the government has banned hacking, which I do not see why they would even care, how can they ban you from playing a single player, and games you've never even played? That is based on alot of assumptions and does not follow any part of any law I have seen. If you bought it, it is your property, you can do to it what you will, banning from multiplayer games makes sense, but also single player, and then taking your computer and internet, it can't be legal.
So what is this group called, and how do they get the right to do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:59 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

For TCE this cant be possible because people can simply make more profiles. In AA however there is something like this, its called AASA and they track IPs and email addresses aswell as the user him/herself. The only way this would work is if TCE had acounts that tracked all those information so people cannot make multiple accounts, then a group of admins can share ban lists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:27 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well your the first person to see it on my side, I don't see how modifying a file ona game htat you bought/downloaded with authority too, can allow anyone to actually take your internet serveice, computer, all games and gameplay away from you, it's got to be illegal for this to be possible. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

aye. I can kinda-sorta see multiplayer, but SP? you gotta be kidding me!

for MP you would have to have a long list of cheating bans in numerous games though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:36 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok thats two that belive me now. I know a friend that is in training to become what they call "Master Admins" reminds me of I'm a level 25 Centaur. Yeah, I don't think this is true. The friend would happen ot be my clan leader, our second in command is supposed to be a full fledged member. He seems to get real pissy real easy. I said pissy. ok. making thta clear, it's an I. I asked him what he did with his tags, I didn't know if he was in our clan or not. I asked him like three times before I got an answer, which was just, I'm a "Master Admin". So I asked if he was in the clan again, and he said yes, I am, now shut up. Well being me, who actually thinks I would shut up. I asked him where his tags were, he said that he could not have them on since he was in this admin business. Anyone who drops the tags of there clan for some fake admin thing, should not be worthy of being in the clan I think. Then he told me to shut up again, well I wanted to know more about this admin thing. So I asked what it was, and he told me that if I didn't shut up he was going to ban me from ET. So I egged it on, tried to get him to do something. He kept threatening me with a ban and kept teling me to shut up, but never banned me, either he's using his power to show off, or this admin thing is all a hoax, which I am leaning more towards. At which point whne he really got pissed at me, he muted me, and said to be more resctful to superiors, anyone who acts like this, I belive should not have this power, should not be in the clan for even telling em to shut up after a simple question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:35 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If we used an online account server we can ban people who cheat but since ET doesnt use that and uses offline profiles instead, all we can do is improve cheat deterrent support. As in actually helping PB find the cheaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:24 am 
High Master
High Master

Well ok, that breaks it open right there, there is no way to ban someone off TC:E, so therefor, this group cannot be real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats the case here. It is because TCE is completely free. AA is free but you need to have accounts that are managed by the AA staff and US army members of the staff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:41 am 
High Master
High Master

Yes, and I don't see the Army handing over the authority to just ban someone off there game. Thats up to them, not this Master Admin thing, ok, gonna og tell the two friends of mine that say they can't do this. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:56 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually AASA is a part of the america's army group. There are several sevices groups in AA, like Pragmatic AAMBS server tracker, Official server renting, etc. AASA is the admin group, like a labor union of some sort, and they have authority to ban anyone who cheats in an AASA protected server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:56 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Shiro, with all, holy shit, 109 + more to come IP's you are using, I don't possibly know how you could be permenantly banned from any server. :P

I mean, they ban your IP, and nothing more. :P

Also... how the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* did you accumulate all these IP's!?

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

possibly someone who either has alot of computers of gets around often, probably laptop to McDonalds hotspot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:12 am 
High Master
High Master

If you must know, I use mainly 1 computer, the occasional post on the other, but thats it, so glad to see that you still watching out for me. (>.>) As for IP's, maybe thats why I can't ever get this thing to run an AA server, hmm, might have to look into that. Lol, could help me if I ever get banned, although there is the one matter... I never play games on this computer... oh well... and I don't own a laptop, and the nearest McDonalds is 20 miles from here, so... I don't run aournd alot. I don't even know if they let you have lap tops in the McDonald's I know, hmm. :? I live in a vilage with 645 people in it, so it's a tiny spot in the road, know a town about 30 miles from here with 11 people in it (typo check....... 11, correct) But hey, it's nice, no drive by shootings or anything, does get awfully quiet though..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well now that yuo say that, I wonder how a small town can have so many IP addresses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:49 am 
High Master
High Master

Uhh, no idea.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]