All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Job for "Shiro" I have other names so you know
Poll ended at Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:53 am
Find a Spec Ops group? 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
18C (Army Special Forces Engineer)? 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
21B (Army Combat Engineer)? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Spec Ops question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:53 am 
High Master
High Master

How exactly do you get into a Spec Ops job. Supposedly it's not a military group, it's not technically a Police group, so where would I go to get in one?
The um police thing, that could be wrong, not all my "sources" are always, ahem SMART!!! So how, and, how? Really, I want to know, please, any help is appreciated. :(

Well, I'm 16, getting close to 17, so it's getting close to time for me to sign up for something, it'll be about 2 years before I am actually accepted to anything, so I will be around for a while before I actually leave for anything, so I need one of these, and I need your oppinions, and an answer to my first question.

Last edited by Shiro013 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:56 am 
High Master
High Master

Really, the SpecOps in TCE aren't really defined well.

Sometimes, it seems more like they are a SWAT team, or some sort of Special Forces depending on the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:48 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats the confusing part. What are they anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:19 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok I went and looked it up, since no one is being nice and just answering it. Spec Ops means Special Operations as most of you know, SOCOM or Special Operations Command devides the teams up btween the military, the Army, Air Force, and Navy, being the Navy SEALS, Amry Special Forces, and Air Force Special Forces. So they actually are a military group, but are ran under SOCOM more than the General, so it would seem they aren't a military orginazation, just a more orginized one. So basically TC:E is either Navy, Army, or, lol, Air Force, which I highly doubt. Or they really are more of a SWAT team, which seems to be more of the case. This is just information from one site, I will continue to look until told otherwise. As for Marines, they really don't have much of a Special Operations group, they just like ot act like they are one in the first place, or in the Marines true case, people lost in the woods without a compass. :lol: This is where my info came from, http://www.globalspecops.com/gallery/galdirect.html cool site, got some cool videos too, lol, just watch what you click on, some aren't for the feeble minded, theres one of a guy taking some nasty headshots. The one of the auto shotgun demonstrations pretty cool :P

The one of the graphicness is called graphic shooting of USMC shooting Iraqi with RPG or something, if you do watch it, which I might suggest not for those of you who hate actual combat, watch the head after he falls down, you can actually see hair being ripped off from the shots hitting his head. I belive I saw him get hit 5 times, one in the stomach, first shot, one close to the neck/shoulder, second shot, 2 to the head, 3/4 shot, and final in the neck 5th shot.

But we should all mostly be atleast 16, I find that to an ok age to see some real violence. All of these videos just make me wish I had a sound card in this PC, I do in my good one, which is down stairs and I am too bored to go get this on it. :roll: The Apache Helo Kills is cool too, that one involves killing as well, the M88 Destroyed is cool, you never actually see any dead bodies. :?

Jumpmasters dance is well, so funny it's almost stupid, one of those your not sure if it's, teaching, punishment, or an idiot, hsows the less serious side of the military, the 3/4ths of it :P I have no sound so if they say it, don't comment me on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The military is more than just seeing real violence in action. Most military games are rated teen as they normally lower the violence in these games. Its the fictional games like Quake that are usually rated M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:54 am 
High Master
High Master

Who said anything about video games, and I said get a taste, not congratualtions, heres it all packed into a minute long video, I was just saying, it's bad for the squeemish to watch things like that, he's getting shot with a camera showing it all for god's sake. Some people just don't like to see stuff like that, the violence in a video game is nothing compared to the violence of real life. Usually none of this affects me, I can watch a movie all the way through and not feel one emotion about how sick that body looked after it was shot 50 times. Games especially do not effect me. It only starts to affect me when parasites get involved, now thats sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, all that does depend on the person playing it. ust because two people are the same age doesnt mean they think alike when they see violence does it? The fps genre doesnt really stand out to me as violence, as long as there is reason to it, but games like fighting gaems where there is violence for no good reason, games like GTA, those I really dont like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:24 pm 
High Master
High Master

Ok, the violence in that movie, is a real person, taking real bullets to a real stomach, shoulder, head, and neck. I just said, most people that do play video games seem to act more inthusiased about violence, so I stuck a suggested age on it, I suggested that if you are 16 go ahead, if you don't like real violence, then don't watch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well as I said it all depends on the person. If they want it give it to them, if not, then its not your problem.

Still, the specops dont really seem to have a properly existing background or history they just seem to be the generic counter terrorists made by TT to fight the eurpean terrorists. That is why developing the storyline would make sense, aswell as amintaining the look of their uniform, although different, they must look related.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:14 am 
High Master
High Master

Ahh, ja, but I was just warning people, you know, so they can't hold me responsible for watching a video I gave the link to. And I still haven't found what exactl the Spec Ops are, just something about they opperate under SOCOM, and possibly that they might be the militaries Special Forces, which is possible, just that they say Spec Ops aren't really a military orginization, which probably explains it, Special Forces do not technically act under the General, but SOCOM, so it's not to confuse other less planned opperations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

SOCOM is like the centralized command for all the military forces of a country. Specops mean special operations. Therefore these guys should be alot more like a seal team or an SF ODA. Yet the game portrays them as some sort of swat team or cops with big guns or even a a mercinary team hired by some government. Maybe a name change would be appropriate in fututre versions. They should be called Special Forces instead of Specops. That is so because Specops sounds more like it is referring to a command chain in the military rather than a Special Forces team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:58 pm 
High Master
High Master

Umm, yeah, I know what all that means, I think I said that way back when. So basically I think we all agree Spec Ops is basically military, only they opperate under SOCOM for there central lead. Ok, this question is over, and I belive the poll ended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Just a last note, I was reading around and here is what I found

Quote:
The Global Intervention Force (GIF626) is a special force formed of the top of the world experts joining from US Delta force, UK SAS, German KSK and GSG9, to mention a few

In short these guys arent anything special, just the unified group of international special forces. However since this was from the game description, they could have called them "GIF" (as above) instead of SpecOps that way it would have made more sense. As for the tangoes, they should have been called the Unit. These would add more color to the game rather than using the rather overused and generalized description.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:25 am 
High Master
High Master

Hmm, yes, maybe you should get someone to do that. I do get tired of constantly killing terrorists, thats all games these days concentrate on, I want to go back to killing the highly trained enemy, not some foreigners that we just hate. And GIF would make sense, but GIF is a file and people would confuse it, name it something else, like normal old SF. Or make it a more specific thing like SEALS, or AFSF, or ASF. Preferably not SAS or KSK, they aren't American and it is supposed to be kept along a US story line, although I wouldn't mind playing something different like the KSK, don't think I've even played as them, or the SPETSNAZ, or SAS, or any of them really. Just Navy SEALS and Army Special Forces. And Army and Navy and Air Force and Marines, don't think I've played as Coast Guard. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

How about cooking up a new name. Brainstorm.... :?:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next