All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: XReal
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

http://xreal.sourceforge.net/xrealwiki/

This is a technological advancement made for the QIII Engine feature many features found in the Doom3 Engine and this is under GPL.

This may have several of the things TCE needs without having to need players to buy some newer game. Although the one problem is it has to be ported over to a modified QIII Engine. However, the principles used in this engine can be used as the basis for recreating better rendering effects for WET Engine, including bloom effect, dynamic shadows, etc and possibly even simulating basic HDRR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:02 am 
High Master
High Master

The thing about bloom and dynamic everything, is that it requires tremendous increases in system requirements.

This was one of the main problems with Nexuiz. It has all sorts of wonderful graphical features. The problem is, is that if I want to see any of them at all, my framerate drops down to about 1-15 frames per second, or worse. Oops.

Hell, even with all those things turned off, the last version of it was still completely unplayable on my computer.

I would really prefer to be able to continue to play TCE, honestly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
The thing about bloom and dynamic everything, is that it requires tremendous increases in system requirements.

This was one of the main problems with Nexuiz. It has all sorts of wonderful graphical features. The problem is, is that if I want to see any of them at all, my framerate drops down to about 1-15 frames per second, or worse. Oops.

Hell, even with all those things turned off, the last version of it was still completely unplayable on my computer.

I would really prefer to be able to continue to play TCE, honestly.

same here. as it is RTCW and ET lag with bots*.

*not that bad, just a little slow, I get around 25 FPS average

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

And that is why scalability is very important in games. When you turn thigs off, they should properly and completely turn off. What I dotn understand is why some comanies completly remove support for older hardware if you could simply just turn off features.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]