All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 am 
High Master
High Master

Well the Springfield of course, while I wuold much rather have an M24 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The M82 barret makes more sense for enemies on vehicle. WHile the SPR is good in situations where your not suppose to be seen when defending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:03 am 
High Master
High Master

I hope you mean enemies in a vehicle, because the M24 is more accurate than the M82, yes the M82 is very accurate but does not need to be near as accurate as the M24, the M82 is meant for larger targets, so it has a little room to go off target, and the M24 is for anti personell, so it needs to be spot on accurate, if you had people on a vehicle, the M24 would make more sense.
As for in the vehicle, use an M95 or M99, they hit harder. So, use the Barret for taking out enemy vehicles, use the M24 for taking out enemy troops, and use the SPR for taking out enemy troops in a confined area or for maximum concealment. :)

And should you have massive targets, like a train or a helo, or a tank, use the A-234CZ Artillery Sniper, it fires a .90 caliber shell, with enough power to knock a train off it's tracks. And no, it's not on guns.ru, I looked. As for size, the thing is bigger than the RT-20, has a top feed magazine that holds 5 shots, uses a 15X power scope, and is strictly used for taking out enemy vehicles. If you did manage to hit a human with it, it would be strong enough to actually make the guy blow up, out of all weapons, I would say this is my favorite. :D If I saw one of these, what would my face look like, about liek this :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:41 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that was the idea, dont you think anyone hoping for a good assualt would simply all be on foot, of course theyll have heli airsupport and lightly armored high speed vehicles and ofcourse heavy armor. SoO it is a good thing to have some anti-material hanging around even if it sounds unlikely that they will attack with vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:23 am 
High Master
High Master

How did we even get into vehicles, I still want an M24, we are talking about games here, not real life. Of course, if it were real life, of course I want an M82 over an M24. Lol, I was at the gun range yesterday, been forever since I have gotten to go, I pinched my thumb in the bolt on a Marlin Goose Gun :P
It hurt like hell for about 10 minutes, then it was gone. :lol:
Even if it is a vehicle, like a Humvee, I have made kills with a person in a moving vehicle, on BF2: SF, I shot a guy driving a Humvee, he was going full speed, boom head shot, he was down, the gunner was looking everywhere like what the hell. :lol: Then on BF2 on the PS2 I killed the top man in the helo with a sniper rifle, well, the pilot, but he went down with it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If the gunner was looking everywhere, then he just mde his last mistake. First thing you do in a sniper attack is duck and look for cover not look for the sniper.

Back to the defensive. How about mines? Use any? AA2.7 will feature the PDM land mine which is a proximity frag mine that only explodes forward. That'll be cool under the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ding! round 1 over!

remember, this is the on-topic game ;)

new topic: if you could be one person...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay, one person.. hmmm... dont know, maybe Bush, I'd call of the military and send in moles to hunt down the targets then send in assassins to get the job done clean and easy and quickly. ofcourse the real Bush wont do that, or will he? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:32 am 
High Master
High Master

Uhh, no, he won't, he's too... government watching me, got to be careful >.> <.< If I had ot be someone, I would want to be the guy that actually does the wrok, officers are cheap people that sit in a seat and do nothing, it's the enlisted soldiers that get all the fun. You rarely see the officer shooting the weapon, blowing crap up, or laying the mines, or even defusing them. I think being an 18C would be cool. Lots of hard work, good challenges, moments under pressure (a mine laying under your stomach :P) Personally, I find that cool, maybe I should attemp to get into the special forces, sure, I'm smart enough, I lack the um, uh, that, muscle part... :oops: Haven't taken the ASVAB yet, we take it next year, right off too, I actually can't wait to see what they rate me as. :D Hopefully something my while. Oh my, yes, I would want to be an 18C, thats it, got to be, maybe 21B if 18C is out of my range. :P Which uh, seems to be more a reality every day. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

why not 18B, weapon sergeant? or 18Z assistant detachment commander? why the combat engineer? you know you dont do much these days as tehre is no use to have something like a bridge demolished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:15 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well Xeno, I got one word for you, demolitions. SF is almost always in a job, they don't always opperate in the war zone, they also deal with clonflicts in other countries. 18B would be cool, but the idea of teaching other people is hard, I understand the 18C has to teach the rest of the squad about explosivs and other things he does, but they only have to go in depth with 18C's being trained. And 18Z, same reason, too much teaching involved. I'm not much of a teacher, so I like to keep that limited.

I have wondered about 18D though, I do ok with blood, missing body parts, nothing. I pass all first aid qualification with flying colors, not just in the game, but in school we do a lot of medical teachings, and other things I have been in have taught me alot about first aid. I am also qualified for water rescues, lots of good strong swimming there. There was a self survival course I took. First thing we did, we had to jump in the pool of murky water, get our clothes off, and use them as flotation. You had to tie the sleeves off and fill them up with air. It was pretty difficult actually. :? Passed the CPR test with a 100, passed basic and advanced First Aid with 100 on basic, and 98 on Advanced I think, lol, Americas Army all over again, I never really thought about how the Army put all that in there, that is all true, so yeah, if you played AA, it is a life saving thing, you could use that information. As for most of that up there, it's not AA, it's real life tests I have taken. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well most of us here should have passed first aid. Just look at it though, the 18C's primary duty in nearly all cases is to just aid in construction of defenses and infrastructure in the countries they are helping. Why would they blow up a bridge? To stop tangoes from crossing? Isnt it true that the tangoes are within the civilian population, so that means that bridge is also used by the civilians so blowing it up isnt a choice. If you wan to blow things up join the airforce and do bombing runs on enemy camps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:50 am 
High Master
High Master

I lack the idea of sitting in a seat for a long time, and the Air Force are a bunch of wimps, 18C's do alot around the enemy, you need a door taken in, the door breacher is given to the 18C, they do alot of destruction, bridges are taken out, main buildings can be taken out by the 18C, it may not all be combat related, but like removing a weapons cache, what are you going to with that, attempt to keep so the enemy can come back and steel it, 18C's specialize in sabotage, so taking out a train that the enemy is using, you don't just de-rail it, you blow it up. Weapons caches, fuel depots, mine removal, mine laying (which is used little) and you are just looking at the mission side of it, what about the training, they teach you how to blow syuff up, so you are oging to be doing that stuff in training, so it's not all mission related. You are mainly thinking of our war now with little need to do a major destruction plan, we are "attempting" to fix Iraq, not destroy it, of course 18C's aren't used much, that doesn't mean by the time I get there we aren't taking on a more superior military that needs whiped out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

18Bs can also remove weapon cache and destory enemy equiptment. AKA antimaterial sniper rifles and highexplosive projectile weaponry they are trained to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:55 pm 
High Master
High Master

Antimaterial rifle, armor piercing against highly explosive maerial don't work, you get no boom, AM Rifles use armor piercing rounds most commonly to pierce the armor and then shatter to do massive damage, with a huge depot, that can be hard to get right kind of effect needed, thats why explosives are used, C4, you say it yourself all the time, you don't use C4 on a human, you use it on buildings and heavy armor, weapon chaches and fuel depots count as buildings or in the case of who we are fighting now, holes in the ground which are hard to destroy with .50 Cal bullets. Fuel depots can be destryed with these but only should the round cause a nice fireworks show lighting the fuel on fire, weapon caches are mainly mass amounts of ammo, bullets and shells need alot of pressure to cause a big explosion, one bullet to one bullet won't do much, maybe take two or three more with it, as for mortar shells and RPGs, those aren't normally waisted by just blowing htem up, it's huge factories that make the weapons and ammo that need to be destroyed, which is nearly impossible to destroy with an AM rifle, and no need to waist artillary or bombing the hell out of it when you can just set some C4 in the right spot to drop it. And one thing knonw with the Army, which is our main point here because of 18C, if you are in the job, they will put you to good use, no sense in waisting a soldier sitting in a room with Air condidtioning and a couch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next