All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You'll get a boom, depends on what you hit though. But only the Airforce gets the biggest booms, and if you think airforce training is cheesy, its much like the army's training, including marksmanship and everything else they teach the army, plus the flying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:24 am 
High Master
High Master

Maybe, but after that, they become pilots, and the need for marksmanship isn't required anymore. Compared to Army and Marines training, it is less intense, Basic for the Army is about 9 weeks, Air Force training for an enlisted is about 6. Though the Ari Force does go into more detail on teaching a basic officer school and a basic enlisted school. This makes things more concentrated on what will then happen afterwards. Army does not concentrate on one point, but all so the soldier has a deffinate oppinion on what they will do. As for Marines, I don't feel like looking it up, it's probably about the same as Army if not more. The Air Force mainly concentrates on mental more than strength, mental strength is not always as hard as physical strength. Personally, social strength is the hardest XD For example, the only real strength needed by a bomber pilot is god leng strength and arm strength, to fly the plain, have the mental strenght ot be able to take a flight that could last more than a week. So most strength in the Air Force is taught as mental strength. The Army, also concentrates on mental strength, but adds about 2 more weeks worth of physical training. One of the weeks of mental training teaches the mantra, the idea that thinking pain is just a feeling, actually helps to ease the pain, I have tried it several times, and it does seem to work, but only on smaller wounds, as for a larger wound, I don't know how that would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The basic 90 day training for both sectors of the military are the same, nearly exactly the same, what differes is what comes afterwards. The Airforce ofcourse trains more for mental toughness and the ability to fly a plane or just even the most basic of maintainance and flight control operators, obviously all requires you to be really good in alot of things like math, expecially that. In the army, its more of surviving, strength and mental toughness to withstand anything the enemy, the environment, and the hopeless situation can throw at you. So technically, just because the airforce doesnt seem to get much hands on action on the ground up close and in person, doesnt mean they are anything near wimpy or cheesy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:37 pm 
High Master
High Master

Ok, when I say wimpy, I mean compared to other parts of the military. And I mean of a single soldier placed into about a group of another 12 soldiers, if you did this, had a strength competition, the Army or Marines would probably win, mental toughness, that would just come down to who listened the most in class. And as for Army BCT, I'm pretty sure theres 9 weeks. Air Force site only has 6 weeks up. Thats just the site though, and I doubt they would lie.
In all the midst of this, poor Navy gets no recognition. umm, what to say about them, uhh. Well they could ram a 16" Shell up places that don't need talked about from 40 miles away. >.> Congradulations on that, lol. :lol:

Xeno, you made this topic go way off course, stop asking me stupid questions and restating everything i say, it's not helping the stay on topic thread. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

lol. technically this is still on topic, this was about being one person, so we are debating about being a soldier or an airman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:57 am 
High Master
High Master

Hey, whoa buddy, whoa, don't forget the seamen, SEAMEN, YEAH... oh my. :oops: Ok don't forget being a Navy sailor. :P I od have a problem with Special Forces though, any od them, alot of contact with the enemy, like the kids, they always want to shake hands. :? I don't like shaking hands with little shildren, especially not foreigners. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well with the navy, the only comparable force with any other sector is the SEALS, that is because most seamen are primarily trained to run and deend the ship, they arent really suppose to be in face to face conflict with enemies unless that enemy comes to the ship. The SEALS however are alot like the Army SF, or the Marines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:21 pm 
High Master
High Master

You act like I'm an idiot, do you think I don't know what the Navy does? SEALS are Navy, so comparing them with the Navy is like comparing your **** with your nose, I hope your **** wins, or you need meds. And Navy has just been getting further off shore ever since it began, used to be they would get close to shore and start bombarding with there huge guns, and go broadside with other ships, but it's all kind of changed, ships these days are basically big missle platforms, thats basically all the Missouri did during the Pursian Gulf war, it was a huge missle platform, it fired it's guns a few more times, but only a few. Most ships these days either have like one or two guns, if any. Most just use missles, they are more accurate and deadly but wheres the fun in that, Missles quite often make big booms, but some of them not as big as the guns like the 16" guns on the Missouri, which was going to be outfit with some new triple 18" guns by the end of the war, but it was cancled when it headed for Tokyo for the signing. The Germans were working on building a ship that was to be 3 times longer than the Yamato, the largest battleship ever made. It was called the H39 class, and maybe an H44 class later, the H39 was being built in a dry dock in Hamburg, but was bombed near the end of the war, the H44 was to be twice as long as the H39, it never made it off the ground because of it's size. Had the German's been able to get these two ships off the ground and into the port, they might have stood a chance in completing there world domination, the H39 was to carry four triple 20" guns, and the H44 was to carry four 27" guns, which in the gun world, is huge. There are plans for an even bigger ship to be made by the German's, called the Ludwigshaffen H50 class, it was going to be about 1/3rd times longer than the H44, but carry 6 triple 30" guns, and 40 smaller double 5" inch guns for AA and smaller ships like destroyers and cruisers. it was going to have almost 100 40mm Quad Bofors like the ones on the Missouri, and another 300 40mm single Bofors. All for AA, this ship was built to take on a fleet. It was set to be begin construction in 1947, but after WWII with the treaty, it was never even really considered, so it was lost before even any good plans were made. Our history teacher in Germany was obsessed with ships and all he really talked about, hwo he even got his hands on any ideas about the H50, is beyond me, lol. I got off topic, but don't forget the Navy, thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay. enoguh of that as we have come to conclusion on it.

Lets try something new.

What if you were Coroner or one of the devs, what would you do about TCE or to TCE or for TCE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:16 am 
High Master
High Master

I would put a .90 cal. Artillary Sniper in it, those things look nasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

For me, I would release a public test version 0.48b that has the features of 0.49 and so that the public can test them and look for bugs as a larger community rather than relying on a few people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I"d finish.49 on the course it is, but put out bugfix patches.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3