All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: the OFFICIAL stay on-topic thread
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Fun game to play.

you start with a subject, then you need to stay on topic. first person to wander off topic* loses. game is then re-set with nother topic to talk about

*off topic means not on the original subject, or points raised directly through said topic. if part of a post is off topic, but the rest is on topic, the post is on topic.
topic topic topic. I love that word...

Topic#1: what is your favourite weapon in ANY game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:09 pm 
High Master
High Master

My favorite weapon from any game is the Cerebral Bore from the Turok series.

It's a rather interesting weapon. After it is locked on and fired, it fires a rather slow tracking projectile. If it isn't dodged, it will stick to the victim's head and dig in. It makes a horrible drilling/whining sound and the victim's brain erupts in a fountain of gore.

Finally, it explodes, decapitating the victim.

An interesting variant of it found in Turok 3 is the Cerebral Possessor. It's similar in use and application, except it allows you control the victim's movements for a short period before his head explodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:08 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

The Flak Cannon from the Unreal Tournament Series. Always a classic, always pure pwnage! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like the UT impact hammer. very nice weapon. that or the boot from RTCW/duke nukem...

*edit* :O!!! my posts are the numer of the devil (616)

but I'm only scares of the number that is huge and can be made with only 2 digits. but is actually 9 digits long.

Last edited by it on Mon May 29, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:13 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I also like the ORIGNAL rocket launcher from the first UT. In my opinion it's the best rocket launcher of any game. Why?....

1. You can shoot 5 rockets at once, more than any game ever. It's almost like shooting a small army of rockets, all in perfect formation, plus it makes it easier to damage an entire group of enemys at once.
2. The ability to lob your rockets like grenades, and being able to do so 5 at a time aswell. Nothings scarier than 5 rockets rounding the corner right into your face.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm changing my vote to the UT Rocket Launcher! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:15 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

My favorite weapon would have to be from Perfect Dark. The Callisto NTG was my favorite. The fully automatic pray and spray Maian weapon was just as good as the High Impact Rounds that I could place in the face of just about any target. :twisted:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:33 pm 
High Master
High Master

In Perfect Dark, I think my favorite weapon is the K7 Avenger.

It's got the zoom for excellent range, and the secondary fire mode points out mines (and windmills), and it removes the muzzle flash as well.

The only problem is the small magazine size. It can really be an issue if you are fighting enough simulants.

The AR-34 is interesting as well. I actually found a use for the seemingly useless secondary fire. If you haven't disabled autoaim, it still works when the secondary fire is activated, even at long range. If you get the crosshair close enough, it'll kick in, and you can successfully perforate a running simulant at long range even with severely worn controllers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like mario's weapon:

fireball snot. he picks his nose and throws it around. sometimes you get coins from it. in SMW+allstars, they parodied it with luigi sneesing and throwing them :P

soon my favourite weapon will be the G36 in TC:E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

This thread is ironic. How do you stay on topic if there are so amny different topics visible?

My favorite weapon in Aliens versus Predator series would be the M41A1 Pulse Rifle. for predators, I prefer to use the plasma pistol which makes me untouchable in multiplayer.

In America's Army and most modern shooters, I prefer to use a SOPMOD with a aimpoint scope.

In any WWII game, I always would take the M1 carbine rifle over the M1 thompson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 pm 
High Master
High Master

In Turok: Rage Wars, my favorite weapon is the Inflator.

In Rage Wars, since it is basically multiplayer against bots (as opposed to missions with objectives), the Cerebral Bore I mentioned above has been severely toned down. It doesn't do as much damage as I would like, and at best it just stops the enemy for a few seconds while it drills.

The Inflator, though, is awesome. Anyone remember Duke Nukem 3D? It's somewhat similar to the microwave gun.

Basically, it has perfect accuracy, but fires a slow moving beam that puffs up the enemy a little bit for each shot that hits. It fires probably about 9 times per second, but really chews through the ammo. If you can lead appropriately, it's insanely damaging.

The secondary is evil. It's a one hit kill. It has to be charged up, and costs 50 cells to fire it, but if it connects, the enemy puffs up and explodes in about a second and a half. I love it.

It's also oddly more effective than the Chestburster, which is the only hidden weapon in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like the redeemer from UT. guided nuke <3 soooo many teamkills though :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:35 am 
High Master
High Master

Hmm,

BF2: M4 SOPMOD
BF2: SF: SCAR L
Americas Army:M4 SOPMOD with an Aimpoint for closed in spaces, an ACOG4X for longer ranges, and the ACOG Reflex for extreme close combat, always with a Harris Bipod, and a Suppressor.
Enemy Territory:Allied M1 Garand Rifle nades
TC:E:PSG-1
RTCW:That huge Vulcan gun the Venoms used
MOHAA:Mauser K98k
MOHAAS:G43 Sniper varient
MOHAAB:Enfield L4 something something something
MOHPA:BAR
MOHEA:G43
Jetfighter IV:The F-14 Tomcat with Fleet Defense Armament
NavyField:DKM.Bismarck with 16.5"/ 48 Sk C/40 Double Turrets
C&C Red Alert:Mammoth Tank
C&C RA2:Kirov
C&C Renegade:Ramjet Rifle
Empire Earth:Bismarck BB
Front Mission 4:Zenith Wanzer with Firebird Sniper Rifle
MSG Zeonic Front:Dom Tropen with Raketan BZ
MSG Encounters in Space:GP04G with Specialized Beam Rifle
MSG Fed's Vs. Zeon: GM[G] Rocket Launcher
Burning Sky's:Messerschmidt with loadout 4

Thats about a fourth of all my games, on the computer only.
:twisted:

Last edited by Shiro013 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Kirovs! cool. I normally send 24 of those in along with 24 Apocalypse tnaks, and 20 dreadnoughts in synchronous order. The enemy has to choose to defend land sea or air, eitherway his deadmeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:44 pm 
High Master
High Master

Lol, umm, try and stay on topic Xeno, and yes, Kirov's are cool, but it's normally only about 5 that I send in, that will get the job done quick, and yes, send some Dreadnoughts in there. I prefer to send a few larger weapons in rather than the mass hordes of smaller units. Althought both usually work.

Also a good game I forgot was Tiberian Sun, and Firestorm, old game but I still like it, kind of like Red Alert, very old, just like a few pixles wiggling for a soldier, but it's a classic, not to mention fun. In Tiberian Sun, I seem to use the Titan's alot, good strong weapon. And the Mammoth Mk.II, with the Huge Rail Guns. thats fun, lol. I think you can only have one tough. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay these are what we use for attacking, in defensive positions what do you prefer?

In AA, I use the m249 both offensive and defensive.
In any WWII game I would pick up a garand or springfield with a scope.
In RA2, my primary defensive group would be teslacoils with a pair of flaks and a sentry gun guarded by a pair of yuri clones and what ever they capture. Normally I have really large batteries of flak guns mostly surrounding the commcenter and nukepwoer plants.
In any other game, any weapon that fires fast is good enough for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next