All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: NDS Mania!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:54 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yes, I finally succumbed and got me a Nintendo DS! The first game I got for it (while I was getting the system itself) was Sonic RUSH. I also have to admit that I am a HUGE Sonic Fanboy and that that game was the thing that made me say "I gotta get a DS!". Well, as I was saying, I got it.... played Sonic for about a week, then felt that 1 game wasn't going to fill my DS needs (even if it IS Sonic), so I went out and bought SUPER MARIO 64 DS.
AWESOME GAME!!!
It isn't just a port of the original, it has re-vamped graphics, 3 new playable characters, and a ton of new levels (plus 30 more stars than before!). I cannot tell you how engulfed I have been in this game since I got it 2 days ago! If you liked the original then this is a MUST HAVE! Controls are waaaaay easier using the touch-screen (aside from swimming and flying, they can be a real pain), but a word of advice..... if you want to play a game like this, the original tiny stylus won't cut it, so you'll want a bigger one. I was fortunate enough for my younger brother to give me his old fancy pen with a stylus insert, it works like a freaking dream! My only complaint about the DS is the lack of titles similar to M64DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters. What the DS really needs is some more great platformers like M64DS, and a Tactical FPS. Think about it.... it would be awesome to have a shooter like TCE on a handheld. Sure the graphics would be outdated, but who cares? The touch screen can definately handle a shooter's controls (as demonstrated with Metroid), and the DS could handle some pretty nice graphics on top of it. Whew! too much excitement, not enough sleep.... so what do you guys think (about the Tactical Shooter thing mostly, or whatever else DS related)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

CS:DS?

will that suffice?

j/k...

I know goldeneye: RO is on DS. I'd like to see the original made for it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
I know goldeneye: RO is on DS. I'd like to see the original made for it though.

Yeah, it's the only other shooter (besides Metroid) thats on the DS..... but it's supposed to be, well...... bleah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:28 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Just recently got Metroid, and I'm sorry, but I HAVE to post these results from a King of the Hill Match.....

Even thought I played against bots, the efficiency is awesome! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if I get a DS, I"m gettin these games:

AoE for DS (yes, it does exist) MarioKart DS, and animal crossing (ALWAYS wanted to play it, from the N64 announcement to now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:43 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
if I get a DS, I"m gettin these games:

AoE for DS (yes, it does exist) MarioKart DS, and animal crossing (ALWAYS wanted to play it, from the N64 announcement to now.)

Dude, I'm a pretty good gaming buff.... I keep up with just about everything.... so yes, I know about Age of Empires: The Age of Kings for the DS.

Another kinda kewl thing I found out just today, GTA: Liberty City Stories has arrived on PS2 (I already knew it was coming), but sadly even if it comes out for XBox later, I can't play it (sold mine to my best friend, stuff was getting dull). But anyhow, I think if Nintendo gets their act together, they can get a tactical shooter on the DS. They've already paired with UBISoft to make Red Steel for the Wii (the name is still pretty :roll:), why can't they ask UBI to make a Rainbow Six game for the DS (and not just a port of the original Rainbow Six, a new one built from the ground up for the DS, like Metroid)? I also think they could make a game similar to Indigo Prophecy (or Farenheit for some other countries) for the DS (If you've ever played it, you know what I mean).
The DS has SOOO much more potential beyond the basis of kiddie type games. Give us something creative, yet edgy..... something 3rd-party that doesn't totally drop the ball.... then trip over it and get a concussion. I expecially find the realm of first and third-person shooters/platformers a bit too narrow for my tastes. I need MORE 3D freeroaming games like Mario and Metroid..... only not Mario and Metroid. I know Nintendo is a "Family brand" but cumon!!!! Look at how big of a sucess Resident Evil 4 was! Goarier than some of the goariest PS2 games, solid and fluid graphics, it sold like friggin hotcakes, and it was a third-party game! I just think Nintendo is a bit too naive to the bigger picture: Metroid was a hit, so build upon the fps genre..... Mario was a hit, so build upon the 3D platformer genre..... UGGHH, NINTENDO.... YOU MAKE ME SOOOO ANGRY!!!!!! :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

found my DS:

HERE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]