All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:28 pm 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, I will. You got me all so pissed off now I'm going to just to prove to you. I'll let you know what happens when I get back in about 10 years. ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

keep your cool. that kind of attitude cant be a soldier's attitude. Now are you going to the recruiter or not? 8) We could use someone with actual hands on experience on topics about the military who is actively participating in the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:26 am 
High Master
High Master

It'll be about 3 years, so don't get too jumpy. I'll take the ASVAB this year, so I will get to talk to a recruiter then, so I will ask around and see if I can get some info on the spec ops and on SF. I had to fill out a survey that was given to us by the miltary, twice, one Marines, and one Army, Navy and Air Force aren't to strong around here. It is Missouri, the middle of the state, everyone around here goes to usually the Army, easiest to get into. I think we had one person go to the Marines here in the last year. He had to go to Iraq, got back and come to find out, lol, he's not on the front lines taking on the enemy, he's in a nice air conditioned warehouse repairing Humvee's and tanks, lol. But his job is kind of cool, the only person I know thats taken apart an Abrams, lol.
The other 3 I know went ot the Army, my dad was a communications sergeant, he could play with any radio on the planet and get it to work, lol. A little story about him, he was trying to radio back to bas on a portable radio, one with the little antenna and everything, he was shooting the signal off a beach through some uh well, not exactly what, but I guess some restricted space, the Jordan military was picking it up, and came out to talk to him, he was in some deep trouble, he got out of it all just fine, with just a good talking to, interagation, and a good laughing at by his 1st Sergeant, lol. The other two were a tanker, lol, got to be a fun job, and an 11B. I've gotten some cool stories, oh and my aunt was in the Navy, she's the one that knew the sniper they called God I wrote in that other post. Lol, she worked ona frigate, and an air craft carrier for a while. lol, Frigates, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:17 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats good for you then. bring and post some intel on some interesting stuff that can be used creatively to make more believable levels/maps for TCE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:05 am 
High Master
High Master

Lol, I will, you ever wondered if snipers get bugs and spiders and creatures in there ghillie suits, say like a camel spider >.> lol, maybe too big. :lol: :P
But seriously, you ever wondered if they do? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Judging by the amount of stuff on it, you could say that there could probably all sorts of things living in it besides the sniper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:40 am 
Master
Master

The second reason why fps videogames exist *you have a fantasy about killing and being in the military, but nobody dies, there are no consequences.*… make people believe war is a game. The first reason fps games exist is the same reason any other video game exists to keep people entertained, calm, unaware of what’s going on. The third reason fps videogames exist is to fake history, like in Vietnam wars games and World War 2. I’m just waiting to see the next video game about the war In Iraq, they won’t show you all the kids that died and the booms they dropped on the farms to wipe them out,only the bad bad terrorists who I think that are not even responsible for 9/11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:22 am 
High Master
High Master

And if your smart you will not belive a single thing a game tells you, unless the Army made it. 8) And can America get over 9/11 anytime soon, I had a republican say to me yesterday, "can we forget the polotic side of it and just go to the war side, I mean they came over here and killed millions of us, and we need our revenge!" Well first thing wrong in that statement, millions, and this mperson watches too much Fox news. :lol:

But with a game, people can't get a sense of what it's like, but me wanting to join came way before I started playing games online, I always wanted to be in the Army just like my dad, grand dad, and so on... and since my brother didn't do it, I felt it was my duty to keep up a family long run. And besides the family part, I just always found it interesting, and will probably go join anyway.

Polotics school

Which they never say it but AA is kind of based on the war in Iraq, I find the war in Iraq pointless, they didn't attack us, supposedly Afghanastan did. And we kind of lost track on them, Iraq was happily moving along when we started bombing the shit out of them, it's like we got sidetracked along the way, or Bush tripped down the stairs and hit his head on something, and he forgot what country we were attacking. :? I mean some people were all fired up to go take down the Afgan guys, but then it was lost in Bush's stupidity. Then Israel started attacking Lebanon, not these Hezbolah guys, and Bush told Siriah to knock it off, umm, anyone else get lost on that one, and then in the middle of this, Lebanon, or Hezbolah which is basically a terroist orginization, attempted to attack an Israely DD, and hit an Egyptian one. DD meanign destroyer, a small light ship. So Egypt is pissed off, and since the US will defend Israel all the way, we are just screwed. Our only allies for WWIII, are Britain, Israel, and maybe, and I mean maybe, Germany, thats it. Not even Russia will support us here. This war is so close to WWIII that it's like 1938 to WWII. It's to the point now, it's when, not if. And some how the Indians and Chinese are related to Iran, and Iran hates us for the, "nuclear warheads", which I doubt ever exsisted, so there China and India hates us, which the Chinese always hated us but you know, China wants to pick on Japan, but Japan wants out of this. So Japan will probably join the other side and declair its self as a neutral country as WWIII begins. And guess who started it all, Bush. One man started a war of this world. Well actually it was Bin Laden but he attacked just the US, and Bush attacked Iraq instead and screwed everything up. :evil:

Last edited by Shiro013 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:31 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, I'm thinking about going into the military when I graduate from High School. It's just an alternative if I don't get the scholarships I want.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:48 am 
High Master
High Master

Pfft, scholarships, if I expect any, I might as well go join the military now because I am not getting any. :P I only do what I want, and school is not one of them, the military is something I have always wanted to do, school always just got me yelled at. I never do anything wrong, but teachers stil hate me, I hate homework, home is your time off, why should school be aloud to take it away from you, and school is so boring, I'd rather be at home doing something worth my while, I figure if I want to join the military, then I am done with school, they teach you what you need to know in the military, although next year will be funner, the year recruiters talk to you like every day. 8) Last year, that class got out of school alot, and rarely had to do anything. And then the ASVAB takes a while, all fairly relavent stuff as to what I want to do. :D Hopefully I can do well on the ASVAB, with what I want to do, I plan on entiering the military, finishing BCT, going to apply for parachuting, finish my advanced personal training, and going to see if I can get in the SF, hopefully as 18C or 18B. But since I have red hair, I'll get stuck as some nerd behind a desk I can garuntee it. Which actually it's more like a very light brown, but it was red before so it's red now. :? But since I know alot of medical things, my ASVAB will probably stick me in a medic class, puking my guts up as blood spurts out the guys leg. :| And SF requires a certain score on the ASVAB, and my math is going to suck everyones ****s. But since the military teches you what math you need to know, I should be ok. :D

And after all these statments, I won't drop out, too many jobs require a high school education, including the Army SF, so I need to finish, Army or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:20 pm 
Master
Master

Shiro013 wrote:
And if your smart you will not belive a single thing a game tells you, unless the Army made it. 8) And can America get over 9/11 anytime soon, I had a republican say to me yesterday, "can we forget the polotic side of it and just go to the war side, I mean they came over here and killed millions of us, and we need our revenge!" Well first thing wrong in that statement, millions, and this mperson watches too much Fox news. :lol:

But with a game, people can't get a sense of what it's like, but me wanting to join came way before I started playing games online, I always wanted to be in the Army just like my dad, grand dad, and so on... and since my brother didn't do it, I felt it was my duty to keep up a family long run. And besides the family part, I just always found it interesting, and will probably go join anyway.

Polotics school

Which they never say it but AA is kind of based on the war in Iraq, I find the war in Iraq pointless, they didn't attack us, supposedly Afghanastan did. And we kind of lost track on them, Iraq was happily moving along when we started bombing the shit out of them, it's like we got sidetracked along the way, or Bush tripped down the stairs and hit his head on something, and he forgot what country we were attacking. :? I mean some people were all fired up to go take down the Afgan guys, but then it was lost in Bush's stupidity. Then Israel started attacking Lebanon, not these Hezbolah guys, and Bush told Siriah to knock it off, umm, anyone else get lost on that one, and then in the middle of this, Lebanon, or Hezbolah which is basically a terroist orginization, attempted to attack an Israely DD, and hit an Egyptian one. DD meanign destroyer, a small light ship. So Egypt is pissed off, and since the US will defend Israel all the way, we are just screwed. Our only allies for WWIII, are Britain, Israel, and maybe, and I mean maybe, Germany, thats it. Not even Russia will support us here. This war is so close to WWIII that it's like 1938 to WWII. It's to the point now, it's when, not if. And some how the Indians and Chinese are related to Iran, and Iran hates us for the, "nuclear warheads", which I doubt ever exsisted, so there China and India hates us, which the Chinese always hated us but you know, China wants to pick on Japan, but Japan wants out of this. So Japan will probably join the other side and declair its self as a neutral country as WWIII begins. And guess who started it all, Bush. One man started a war of this world. Well actually it was Bin Laden but he attacked just the US, and Bush attacked Iraq instead and screwed everything up. :evil:

*And can America get over 9/11 anytime soon* Thats what the goverment wants, cuz its a big scam. The hole thing was planed by the US them self. Come on you got to be stupid to think that a burning plane can melt the metal of a bulding and make it colapst with extreme precision. And why do you think world trade center 7 colapst to, DUH cuz it had important nsa files and stuff that they wanted to hide. Yes its hard to beilive but its a scary world we live in... it needs to be changed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:30 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Some people do put video games as violence without conseqeunce, but not all gamers do. Some of us are just playing it because it is just for fun as it was made for. These arent meant to satisfy someone's third for blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:56 am 
High Master
High Master

-Aequitas- wrote:
Shiro013 wrote:

Polotics school

*And can America get over 9/11 anytime soon* Thats what the goverment wants, cuz its a big scam. The hole thing was planed by the US them self. Come on you got to be stupid to think that a burning plane can melt the metal of a bulding and make it colapst with extreme precision. And why do you think world trade center 7 colapst to, DUH cuz it had important nsa files and stuff that they wanted to hide. Yes its hard to beilive but its a scary world we live in... it needs to be changed

I understand your point, but the government doesn't care. Bush just wants to see a big war, and guess what, he probably just made WWIII. And yes actually, burning fuels and stuff can melt metal, and those buildings were built just right so that if an earthquake or something hit them, they swayed, with this, the metal was almost flexible to about 2 degrees, after 2 degrees on the bottom layer, the rest doubles, so it can sway a lot, so the metal was therefore a shallower type, which means melting it, isn't that hard. Plus with the things like the jet fuel and all that crap added in, it was extremely hot. As for how they fell, that was also a design flaw/good point, depends on how you look at it. what happened was one floor got knocked out by the plane, it was then week there, so the top fell in on it, causeing the rest of the floors to colapse under the weight, it didn't perfectly fall right on top of each other because it is still pooring out into the streets and it did take out a couple other buildings, and it's basically the same principal for both of them as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:02 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Some people do put video games as violence without conseqeunce, but not all gamers do. Some of us are just playing it because it is just for fun as it was made for. These arent meant to satisfy someone's thirst for blood.
I disagree with that. 8)

I also took the liberty to fix third to thirst like it should be, don't worry, you can thank me later. :P

But ok to be serious, theres no real way you can get a thirst for blood through AA because there is so little, all kills are clean. In fact with these weapons, most are clean, except the M82, M24, possibly the SPR, the SVD, the VSS possibly. And the RPG's and AT4's and BDM's. Mosin Nagant is not on there because it actually is a cleaner kill, but it is much weaker, only has the power of like an M4 in single fire, it did dmg during WWII but now with better body armor, it's hard for the old thing to penetrate. Oh and the M203 and GP30, let me know if I forgot something. The shotgun from close range, but it isn't really in AA anymore, it was meant for breaching doors, but they pulled it when too many people were using it to kill each other. 8)
I was good and used it what it was for though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

my bad.. ty.

Not in AA anyway but in all the other games. Not counting mil. fps, normally the real military will intevene as they really do not want their wimge being portrayed that way. Most mil games are actually sponsored by the real thing and most of them, nearly all have a T rating as they really did make the companies avoid using graphic images. Sure they want you to know what it is like and the gore is really what is in the real thing but thats not what it is about. Some people say if you want to show the real thing you gotta show the gore but truth is, gore is just a human/organic thing and doesnt really show the real consequences.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next