All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: aiming seems to be improved...
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

http://www.truecombat.us/gallery/albums ... ns_302.jpg
hmmm.. the model thats aiming in a proning position, seems to aim very properly and realisticly.. it seems the aiming has been improved

http://www.truecombat.us/gallery/albums ... ns_301.jpg
http://www.truecombat.us/gallery/albums ... ns_304.jpg
now the one in village, and the one near the window, are they aiming?? or are they not looking at the iron sight?? if so... props to the devs, thats how it should look like, because currently, when the models are not looking at the iron sight, you see that the models are holding the rifles too low, i think the devs have improved this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:05 pm 
Expert
Expert

I'm afraid this might only be a matter of perspective and the related weapon model plus (maybe most important) the fact that the model is crouching on the first screenshot. In the next two screens the model seems to be in ironsighted mode (=ET's sniper aim) because the weapon's back part (how's the name for that?) has contact to the shoulder (which isn't the case when not in ironsight = hip mode). I don't believe they have changed animations yet. I'll be happy if you prove me wrong. It also looks like the weapon doesn't "float" above the left hand anymore in screen No. 1 but this might also be a matter of perspective and the dimensions of the specific weaponmodel and/or the crouching position. I wouldn't expect too much of 0.49 animations-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

IMO, I think it's because they're crouching. I'll try ET with g_thirdperson 1 and g_thirdpersonangle 90 to check.

also IMO, I'd have been happy if 0.49 was lust bug fixes and one or two new weaps. but then again, the new game-modes aren't gonna add themselves :P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the the left hand thats holding the rifle seems to be improved though, it looks more human now...

but there is still something flaw, you really dont see the left hand is holding the rifle tightly, it still looks like its floating

it should look something like, look at these 2 pictues:
http://www.americasarmy.com/gallery/scr ... k2_800.jpg
http://www.americasarmy.com/gallery/scr ... k1_800.jpg

"but im not so sure if its possible to change the model's hands on the wet-engine."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

You know, it's not that TT didn't know how it should look like. We all know. ISM once wrote that it is their goal to improve the whole stance of the model, the left hand issue etc. - but you know about WET and animations. We repeat ourselves here. Not for the first time.

Anyway, we will solve this mystery by reviewing it's results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The back part of a gun is called a stock. It is meant for easy support of the gun while aiming. It was made to reast on the soldier's arm. When your aiming with the iron sights, you cant exactly put the gun infront of your face or youll probably get a concussion.

The pictures or the crouch specops are not aiming, that is holding the gun in ready position. And the picture of the specops in proneposition is aiming, and the 3rd person model for that has always been like that.

There is nothnig they can do about the left hand at this point. If they move the hand even more It would look terrible since the model's mesh would fold and tear around it's seams. The models used in Quake3 based games dont really have skeletally animated and controled fingers and arms (infact the fingers are kinda solid) so that woundt be an easy thing to fix almost impossible.

Melmoth, I just noticed we now have 3 moderators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:13 am 
Expert
Expert

XenoKiLLer wrote:
The pictures or the crouch specops are not aiming, that is holding the gun in ready position.

Yes, in a descreptive way you're right, of course. But regarding TC:E's aiming modes, isn't that already the "ironsight mode"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

no. last time I recall the iron sight mode will have the gun around neck level a bit to the right. This one is halfway down chest level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:18 pm 
Expert
Expert

XenoKiLLer wrote:
no. last time I recall the iron sight mode will have the gun around neck level a bit to the right. This one is halfway down chest level.

That would mean that they have altered the animations! :shock: That'd be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok look at this:

you see that the model is really aiming on the iron sight,
http://www.truecombat.us/gallery/albums ... ns_302.jpg

now look at this model:
http://www.truecombat.us/gallery/albums ... ns_303.jpg

you see that the model is not really aiming on the iron sight,

or maybe i could be wrong, maybe because the picture is taken on the otherside,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Wed May 10, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

It's really difficult to judge. I guess it's due to the different angle of the screenshots. But I might be wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

frankly, I'm stumped. it could be that the weapon that the sig is based over is the FG-42 (if not, tell me what, I'll look it up) and that is with the sights up. I also noticed that the covert ops rifles were lower than the sights in TC:E. I'll look again on saturday. it's solid studying from today on. until paintball friday :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:17 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm not too sure either. I know there is a weapon if not the Sig that is based off the FG-42.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, if they are both on the iron sights, then the first picture was just an illusion. You see, my changing the view angle, it can look like they corrected the iron sight aiming position, but as I said, the TAC mode in 3rd person lookes like a gun at neck level to the right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah, I noticed that. I'm gonna try to figure out the angle, I think it's just off 270 degrees. like 265 or something. well, I'll check later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next