All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: grappling hooks
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:03 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi,
First i need to say sorry for my bad english because i normally speak german.

My idea is to introduce grappling hooks in the game. I think some of the people in this forum know battlefield 2: Special forces. Grappling hooks are in this game. You could climb on each Building and find new sniper places. Some people sayd that grappling hooks arent realistic, but i think they are.

I think it would make fun to climb around with grappling hooks, and probably get some climbing maps too, but it would be hard to code for the game desingers too. Please post your mean here.

Gl and Hf, Soulkeeper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, sorry to break this to you but we have had that suggestion before. According to our experts, grappling hooks arent really that realistic. And with the map design method used in Quake3 based games, unfortunately, outdoor maps have their limits. You might be able to see the top of a buildin, but that doesnt mean you can get up there by grapplinghook. The maps have aheight lmit set by an invisible wall/skybox that prevents anything to get above the set limit. So a grapplinghook would not have anyother practical uses.

However, there is a freeclimb system introduced in 049. This works by letting you climb up anything you cant normally jump over. Like a 5 foot high crate, you cant jump over it, so you can climb over it. Ofcourse, it would be unrealistic if someone climbed a 20foot wall of smooth concrete by hand. This freeclimbing is limited and consumes your stamina (which recharges over time) to keep the game as realistic as possible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]