All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: comments to the developers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

all the cilinder/round objects looks angular, extremely unrealistic and ugly,
especialy the cilinder shape thingy on the side of the scope.
and the bullets, horrible!

and i know you devs probably notice this too,

but all the graphics are really improved, but how come cilinders/round shaped objects arent? is it because it could crash and lagg the game?

-----------------------------

it would be awesome if you could look down from the railing,

what ia always wanted in a FPS game,

when your on the side of the railing, you should see a action icon, you select the action icon, than you should be able to put yourself in a "looking down" position, so you can look down from steep hights,

read more about this suggestion:
[copy paste]
http://truecombat.us/forums/­viewtopic.php?t=394&start=0
[/copy paste]
------------------------------------------------

the smoke seems to be improved, the smoke looks more thick now,
i like the shapes of the smokes, good job devs,

keep up the good work :D

---------------------------------------

im gonna send a mail to http://www.gamekings.tv , and ask if they wanna review this mod in GAME KINGS,

GAME KINGS is a dutch gaming program on telivision, they give the best comments and critics,
allot of hardcore gamers watch gamekings first before they even gonna buy a game,

these people give some hardcore critics, and i mean really hardcore, if a game is developed like crap, you can expect allot of critics,

and thats why 0.49 should look perfect before it should be reviewed by the game kings.

http://www.gamekings.tv

if the comments are good, you can expect thousands, maybe millions more new players. 8)

Quote:
to all the forum members:
look i understand that you guys want 0.49 so bad,
and i understand that evry request will only delay the time more..
but im my personal opinion, 0.49 should be perfect,
because we waited so long for 0.49,
we probably gonna wait a lont time for 0.50 too.
so it better if the devs make 0.49 perfect/flawless,
so we dont have to worry about the release of 0.50, like we worried about the release of 0.49, if 0.49 is perfect and flawless,
than we we can enjoy it for a very very long time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
but all the graphics are really improved, but how come cilinders/round shaped objects arent? is it because it could crash and lagg the game?

Dammit! Would you please INFORM yourself before you post useless stuff. These models are the LOW (repeat: LOW) poly-models originaly made by a TT member (think it was Race). Low-poly-models have (guess what) LOW POLY COUNT! That is why a cylinder is angular. TT has increased the poly limit for new weapons and the new ones will look better. The old weapons will be redone regarding the new poly limit. If you are so clever, so smart, so creative, TT's secret councelor, innovative-gamedesign-guy, why don't you browse the forums, use google and try to achieve at least a BASIC KNOWLEDGE about TC, TC:E and gamedesign. I'm neither a mapper, nor a modeller, nor a modder. I'm not even a professional computer guy in any way. But I know the pure basics.
I don't presume to say TT: "This looks ugly. Change it!" because I know that my skill and knowledge towards modding is so unbelievably below theirs. How dare you! You don't have the slightest idea what this is all about. If you suggest things that OBVIOUSLY show that you have no qualification, no idea how these things work (and everybody keeps telling you!), how can you imagine that we are taking you seriously? I tried! But I can't help the feeling that you don't want us to. Nobody can be so simple-harded, so unsophisticated and still think he's the creative guy, the unrecognized genious. Sorry. There is still 2 possibilities (like I said before):

a) You're a kid

b) You're sick.

And again: I know what I'm talking about.

Sorry to the Mods. This is the beginning of another flamewar. But this really, really p***** me off. In a bad mood, I can't find a more sublime way. Yes, I thought (and said) we could simply ignore him. But this won't stop him. He will start feeling as a moderator, "organizing" the forums. And I don't see why I should let this guy ruin my (and many other's) fun in this community and with this mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

^what he said^

those things are like that because it's what the engine handles. look at the MP-40 in ET, it's not perfectly round! same with grenades and all that, hell, look at the bike and the magnetic crane in HL2:
http://www.hlcomic.com/index.php?date=2006-02-27

if it's like that in source, it's worse in Q3.

*off topic* at the end of my latest posts, I will put a counter until I reach the next level. why? I'm bored :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Melmoth wrote:
way. Yes, I thought (and said) we could simply ignore him.

thats the best thing you can do, if you hate me so much, than just ignore,

im not here in the forums to annoy you or anyone else,

just try to ignore me, thats the best thing you can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:28 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

The models for everything look just fine to me.. it isn't ment to be 500% perfect.

I've been playing TC:E for awhile but Dragonathan you motivated me to register. If there is sooo much wrong with TC:E then just leave.. All I gotta say is your really annoying and need to just shut up, you spam these forums pretty bad.. And I read a post saying you were leaving the forums and not coming back, what happened to that? Please make that a reality..
-Salt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Salt wrote:
The models for everything look just fine to me.. it isn't ment to be 500% perfect.

I've been playing TC:E for awhile but Dragonathan you motivated me to register. If there is sooo much wrong with TC:E then just leave.. All I gotta say is your really annoying and need to just shut up, you spam these forums pretty bad.. And I read a post saying you were leaving the forums and not coming back, what happened to that? Please make that a reality..
-Salt

this must be another impatient one, or somebody have send him to say the same thing all the time:

"Dragonathan your annoying your spamming bla bla" :roll:

no im not spamming, im just telling the devs wich things needs improvement,

yes im sorry that im a perfectionist, cant help it :roll:

oh, and your right.. the models cant be 500% perfect,
but it definitely can be 100% perfect,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon May 01, 2006 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:
Melmoth wrote:
way. Yes, I thought (and said) we could simply ignore him.

thats the best thing you can do, if you hate me so much, than just ignore,

I don't hate you. I only wonder what's wrong with you. Look, usually this is a friendly community. Why don't you think twice sometimes and consider things people told you. Try to find other expressions for what you like to say. Instead of: "This looks ugly, it's unrealistic!", why not say: "Well, I'm not really sure if this is limited by the engine but these weapons seem to have very low poly. I wonder if there's plans to improve those in the future?"

Try to understand that it is (unfortunately, it would be great if it was like that) not possible to convert things from ideas and phantasies directly into a game. It's much more complicated. Not everything that is imaginable is also doable and/or practicable. It is great that you try to illustrate your ideas with collages and photoshop-edits. But implementing (i.e. HUD or UI changes) those into a game is so much more difficult. Your suggestions aren't necessarily bad, most of the time they only are utopian. That wouldn't all be that bad, if you were a newbie with TC:E and this community. But we tried to tell you the differences between phantasies and reality, between your considerations and the Dev's intention, we showed you links, explained you old topics. But it is like talking to a stone. You don't appreciate any of our attempts to integrate you. Instead, you just show the same old behaviour over and over again, without learning. I don't hate you. I'd even like to keep you with us, at least you have something like, well "passion". But don't make it so hard for us. Don't behave as if you were blind and deaf. It almost seems to be autistic behaviour (in a literal sense...). Think about it. It has nothing to do with hate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Didnt we conclude this before? Fixing the tiny details of lowpoly weapons isnt a priority until the rest of the game's features have been finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:52 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Didnt we conclude this before? Fixing the tiny details of lowpoly weapons isnt a priority until the rest of the game's features have been finished.

but this is Dragonathan your talking too.. He wants it all right now..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

err.. riight. Too bad, nothing we can say can do anything about it because what the devs want is to finish the game, polish it later. A blacksmith does not polish his sword until after smithing it to perfect condition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
err.. riight. Too bad, nothing we can say can do anything about it because what the devs want is to finish the game, polish it later. A blacksmith does not polish his sword until after smithing it to perfect condition.

TC:E is that sword...

and it is shiny from forging, but needs to be sharpened until it can slice through it's critics.

TC:E... not for perfectionists.

*edit* wrong number :O 19

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]