All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to get my name in colurs???
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:45 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hello to you all! just started to play this very entertaining game yesterday. I see that many of my co players got their name ingame in colurs. How do they do that? Cos me want that too. Can someone help me with this???

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there is a code for ET (I think Q3, not sure...) that does colors. I'll search around for the full key, but it uses the "^" symbol, then a letter or number. I'll get you a link ASAP (I gotta colourise both the letters in my name too...)

*edit*

found an article and a thingy using java (may be old):
Coloured Names & Text

To add colours to your name, in the name box type ^ followed by a character to make the following characters the corresponding colour. The colour codes are laregely the same as OSP RTCW, I think the exceptions are "." and "*". The image to the right shows the ET colour codes - actually taken using ETPro mod, which fixes the "%" colour compared to EMain (which see's it as the "." colour). If you need a reminder in-game, you can save this file to your "ETMain" folder and just run it when required (put into the console /exec colours.cfg) - beware sometimes the file might end up being saved as "colours.cfg.txt", in which case remove the ".txt".

<s>There is also the earlier BooZZe Namebuilder, although there can be a bit of a shenanigans as it requires recent Java so if all you get is a grey page, try BOTH of the Java download links at the bottom of the page.</s><-dead

Coloured text/chats are made in exactly the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:40 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I know ^1 is red and ^6 is pink! ^7 is black, but I forget which are blue and green (I think ^2 and ^3).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I recall there are some guides for this in www.enemy-territory.com

I think they also have an auto colored name generator which you can choose your colors and whjat part of your name to apply it to. Then you just copy it and paste it over your name in "et.cfg" or write it down and enter it ingame.

Best thing you can do is try each of the 10 numbers, youll find the colors you want then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:05 am 
Marksman
Marksman

thx!! :D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]