All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: www.gametrailers.com
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when 0.49 is finnished,

devs should advertise TrueCombat 0.49 on www.gametrailers.com.
thats some major big time publicity stunt, if they can manage to advertise this game on that website.

http://www.gametrailers.com/advertise.php

Quote:
Publishers/Developers
If you have questions about the site or a piece of media that you would like included on gametrailers.com, we would love to hear from you. Send us an email at: trailers@gametrailers.com

Gamers
Any issues with the site? Are there broken links? Is there a trailer you are looking for that you can't find? Do you want to heap praise upon us? Send us an email at: webmaster@gametrailers.com

Advertisers
Are you wondering how you can get your product or game in front of all these gamers? We offer a slew of custom and traditional advertising packages for all budgets. Send us an email at: advertising@gametrailers.com

Business Development
Are you a website, portal, ISP, retailer etc. interested in partnering with Gametrailers or becoming a part of our content network? Send us an email at bd@gametrailers.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:48 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Umm... why waste time and money to advertise when we, the TC:E society, could just as easily spread it around to your friends. Then it will go off like a nuke. They'll tell their friends and they'll tell their friends, friends. And all of us who have a basic knowledge in physics... well, you get the idea. :P

We'll Hiroshima everybody with TC:E. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:13 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hiroshima only happened once, nukes blew off more often in the Nevada test site.

Advertising wont work that easily since if you only put it in one website, the chnces that someone who would like to try it going to a site that has sponsorship of the ads from that site are like 1 to 1000000 to the 20th power on rough estite judging by how big the internet is and how many people go to each site at a certain time.

The best way to spread TCE is to actually put it where people go to get these free games and ofcourse where ET already is. Best course of action is to hit Fileplanet, Gamespy, IGN, Filefront and other big time gaming website that already have ET in their database.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Planet Wolfenstien has numerous things 'bout TC:E (hell, that's where I found it)

they even had a few of the pics from the news release for Pic of the Day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats okay, but Im sure everyone in Planet Wolfenstien or even Enemy Territory .com already knows about TCE, it being the last active Total conversion mod for ET in existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Thats okay, but Im sure everyone in Planet Wolfenstien or even Enemy Territory .com already knows about TCE, it being the last active Total conversion mod for ET in existence.

thats not true, try playing ET, and ask some people if they ever heard of the mod TrueCombat,

many people would say no...

anyways, i saw a mod advertising on www.gametrailers.com once,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you must be speaking about the foreign ET players from other places. Try asking the germans not the asian players. ET.com is a german site, and who do expect to be there? germans, americans, european. Do not speculate that by asking one person and he says no that means 70 percent of the population doesnt know it. Are you even a member of Planet Wolfenstien or Et.com? or just asking around in the ET servers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
or just asking around in the ET servers?

asking around on ET servers,

and when i asked all the players on the server if they ever heard of the mod TrueCombat, all the player said no, and i asked the same question on about 6 different servers, and about 5% of all the player knew something about this mod.

and it whasnt asian servers, but american/german/dutch/ ect. ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well apparently, those guys arent members of Planet Wofenstien or ET.com, they are just casual gamers palying ET at the moment.

Quote:
The best way to spread TCE is to actually put it where people go to get these free games and ofcourse where ET already is. Best course of action is to hit Fileplanet, Gamespy, IGN, Filefront and other big time gaming website that already have ET in their database.

Did I mention all the player in the gaming servers? What I said was in Planet Wolfenstien and ET.com (FYI, IGN, gamespy and planet wolfenstien are in the same network, but Planet site networks are separate from each other.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:32 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:
or just asking around in the ET servers?

asking around on ET servers,

and when i asked all the players on the server if they ever heard of the mod TrueCombat, all the player said no, and i asked the same question on about 6 different servers, and about 5% of all the player knew something about this mod.

and it whasnt asian servers, but american/german/dutch/ ect. ect.

Still, that's one server. No one's going to know about it on an ET server, because if they did, they'd be playing True Combat.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the thing is, allot of top games from top game developers, are in www.gametrailers.com, they have been interviewing some top game developers, they always have the newest stuff that other game websites dont have, they have playstation 3 previews,

interviews with the game developers that are developing a game thats not even gonna be released in 1 or 2 years,

if TrueCombat 0.49 is gonna be in www.gametrailers.com,
it will give this game a good reputation, because some Top game company's like Konami / Namco / Ubisoft, publish theyre newest games on www.gametrailers.com

XenokiLLer wrote:
Advertising wont work that easily since if you only put it in one website, the chnces that someone who would like to try it going to a site that has sponsorship of the ads from that site are like 1 to 1000000 to the 20th power on rough estite judging by how big the internet is and how many people go to each site at a certain time

if they added the TEXT:
-100% FREE
-FREE DOWNLOAD,

than im 100% sure that there will be more than 1 to 100000 people clicking the ad,

i can estimate how many people gonna click on the ad each day,
more than 40 people, thats for sure...

wouldnt you click if you saw a FREE GAME advertising on a website with only A class games?

well i would... especially from www.gametrailers.com

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, TCE isnt ready for that sort of thing yet. Its not even finished past halfway. If you can see what happened now, too many players in utter chaos or no0bishness turning what TCE was a several months ago into something that resebles CounterStrike's @hole players who scream and curse at you all the time jsut because they intentionally ran infront of you while you were shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:17 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

People do that to me in America's Army and I end up shooting them and killing them and loose a lot of Honor doing so.

Those n00b's get a big laugh out of it though. :roll:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, depends where you play. There are what they call cheat servers where people like that endup because they get kicked out of official servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:40 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I love cheat servers. I hack so much and piss the people that cheat off that they cheat more. Then I crash the server and watch all the n00b's fry.

It's quite amusing. :D

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next