All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Punkbuster O/S priviliges
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:24 am 
Marksman
Marksman

It kicks me and say inadequate (bad spelling) O/S privivliges expired or something like that, how can I fix this problem

thanks, you guys are great :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what are your system specs? No need for the other details, just your O/S, OS version or any addons like Sp2 for WinXp. Aswell as the information on your games, both ET and TCE like where you gott hem and exactly which ones did you get. Plus, other information like system administrative rights etc. Hardware specs arent necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:44 am 
Marksman
Marksman

download it from this web (truecombat.us) , my comp specs 2800+ processor, 120gb, 512 mb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes but we need to know the details of the software your running, including driver details etc. The hardware itself isnt really a problem as ET and TCE will run on anything from 1999 to present machines.

Have you tried updating PB? Upgrading PB manually usually is the best choice but it takes too long. What you can do is try if you can download the new PB auto updater from their website www.evenbalance.org

Currently I only know that this auto upgrader is available with the lastest version of America's Army. What is does is checks for updates for every PB supported game you have and quickly scans for any updates throughout its network up to three times faster than the regular manual or ingame update. You should probably try to do this first. Check it for updates that could be your only problem.

If it still doesnt work, you can try to reinstall the game by following the step by step instructions provided in the site's help sections. This is the last option and not really the best one but most likely will be the most effective.

If you can give us the full error message we can solve this problem much faster.

:wink: Hope that helps.

Post subject: Blocked OS privilages! You've Been PUNKed!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

From my understanding this is a PUNKBUSTER error which should be fixed in a few days! Something else I seen that might be a tad interesting:

Quote:
With the recent PunkBuster updates Even Balance introduced tighter security measures to prevent cheaters bypassing their system. As a result many of you are now getting kicked for Blocked O/S Privileges when playing games with a 'Limited User' account.

Even Balance are advising to temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers.

Another temporary solution to resolve the issue may be to promote the 'Limited User' account to 'Administrator' and raise a support ticket with Even Balance (link below)

Raise a web ticket with Even Balance and quote the 3 digit code you received when kicked and as much detail as possible about your PC and the steps you have taken.

Web Ticket: https://ssl.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/index.php
Even Balance Web site: www.evenbalance.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

PB can kick every single player out there and the cheaters will still be around. Their strategy just isnt working its just giving the player more problems and making more people just want to stick to singleplayer against good AI bots. Multiplayer is great but it's the cheater and the anticheater system that makes life so damn hard.

If you are using a firewall, check to see if it is blocking. Most likely, it will be the firewall. Either windows or the antivirus firewall is prevent PB from accessing anything. I jsut reformmated my pc, I dont know what Norton (which I just bought) would do about PB. If it is preventing PB fromupdating in a way, do it manually or use PB's new auto out-of-game updater which updates PB for all your PB supported games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

solution at general support section.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]