All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Help Wanted for Site
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:17 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Hello!

I've been putting together seperate sections for the soon to be released mini mods of BC and CTF.

Although a lot of the information can not be presented until after it's release, some of it can:

I want to put map walkthroughs of the official maps (Hideout, Northport, Railhouse, Snow, Village) in BC. What I need help from you guys is a brief description of the map - and highlight choke points and important strategic areas to hold on it. Also where the teams spawn etc.

If you have some time and want to help out the site's development, feel free to post your map walkthrough on here.

I am aware some of these maps are changing for 0.49, but structurally most are the same - so it shouldnt pose any problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

my current BC strategy for railhouse:

terror:

fall back. it may be easy to rush ahead and spawnkill, but if one dude gets through, yer toast. stay near your base, preferbly in the warehouse or just behind it. GUARD ALL ENTRANCES!!! there have been many times I have been guarding the warehouse entrance and the archway alone. remember, it only takes one person to screw you over. fall back, and use the terrain to your advantage.

*prime defense spots*

in the room beside (to the east, I think) the warehouse, the shelf makes excelent cover for a guy with an AK or a SIG. make sure you have a guard in the room adjacent to it, but KEEP DOWN!! if you stand up in there, yer toast.

that chain-link fence in fromt of your spawn is an EXCELLENT place for a sniper or a half-decent marksman.

The box beside the truck parked in your spawn (just under the west? ramp down) is a great place to cover teh warehouse entrance. get a sniper there, or an AK. *note* if you go sniper there, make sure you are ready to whip out your GLOCK (you need the mag size! trust me!) if someone makes it past you. if you take fire, crouch and lean around.

in the warehouse, the dip in the large stack of boxes is an EXCELLENT ambush spot.

The railyard itself (the covered one) is a great place to go prone and hit the SPECOPS as they run past.
trains and teh gaps between them should be used as much as possible, they are great cover.

in teh archway, hide behind boxes. 'nuff said.

for you TJ'ers:

fun little place if you are ahead: jump onto the railing beside teh room at teh SPECOPS spawn, then go on the lamp. just that simple!

SPECOPS:

BE AGRESSIVE!!!!! when spawnkilling starts, it screws you. it's near impossible to break on this map. unless...

if all of you rush the arch (not the room, too many camping spots.) as a team and go for teh covered yard. assemble there and move in through the warehouse.

watch teh windows, but don't camp them. if you camp, you die. it's that simple.

if you see an opening in thier defense, exploit it. yeah, they'll get more defense there, but it opens another hole! :twisted:

when assaulting, go as fast as you can. learn to shoot without irons. it helps the sniper fortification.
defense spots:

not that many. the arch can be good cover, but not that great.most of teh terror ones can be used well.

under teh water toer.
this is my fave :twisted: stay there, no shooting (get a supressed weapon if you can) then when they get comfy, launch a nade, or go rambo!

that's all I got...

snow coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:43 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Wow that was really awesome!

Do you think you can provide some ingame screens of the areas you were describing?

Again, that kicked ass! I can't wait for Snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'll get some screens when I can put ET on again. My ad uninstalled it 'cause we were low on disk space.

*edit*

is there a main layout map I could use? I might be able to add stuff in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I can help handle/manage any new sections. just tell me what I have to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I'm ressurecting this thread.

Does anyone have other map walkthroughs for BC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I can do a few. I'll fire up TC:E and stuff on spring break, or this weekend. if I can't get it before the next release, I'll fire up a local game and use my master <s>camping</s> BC akills and look for things.

general stuff that you already know:

1. bxes/tables/stuff make good cover
2. tapping fire on handgns/semi-auto rifles will make a faster ROF
3. before you reload in a firefight, switch to your secondary weapon, you may just get the kill (Case in point: railhouse: sniping near terror spawn (me=terror) and I run out of ammo in my clip (I noticed this by instinct :? didn't look at the flashing "reload" on the screen) and braugt up my glock, and 5 shots later, he guy goes down)
4. lean to peek around things
5. learn to shoot half-decent without sights. if you must, do an obj map on a local game, open the console and hit /devmap *mapname* (i.e. /devmap dem_snow) then do /give all, and try to shoot the obj crates or barrels from farther and farter away
6. keep sights up in CQB, you never know where Mr. enemy is hiding, and he may be good at hip shots :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:04 am 
Expert
Expert

Snow
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=505

Railhouse
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101

Northport
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100

I'm not quite sure if this is relevent (I could never spell relevent right), have a look, tell me which way to edit it.

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Before we ca make good use of this we need someone to generalize the tips section. Maybe authorize a member, maybe "it" to be able to edit the tips and tactics forum (just that) so that he can write up the strategy and tips gathered from the forums so that we (the rest of the mods0 can clean up the litter from last year easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I could do my best. I'm *finally** re-installing ET, so I'll be able to do some stuff, and I've got another half-decent gaming comp, so I'll test some st00f out on meself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you wanna test the stuff on yourself? :? 8) lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

mostly for hiding spots, lets my look from all angles without death.

then I get shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:56 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I could probably help... I've been a big fan of making walkthroughs for games...

It is taking care of Snow, so i'll work on the Railhouse, seeing that it is an indicative spawn killing map. :-P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

not many people can spawnkill in rail house. I can but its a long hard push to get in and sometimes sneaking in at the right time is the only way to get in and spawnkill. Ofcourse I have no reason to do that. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:40 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Good point...

Northport gets a lot of spawncamping though.

So I might change my map to Northport.

Anyone have a map overview of Northport?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next