All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Custom maps not working on server
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:30 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I am haveing a problem getting some maps to work on our sever. I have tried to convert them to pk3's and nothing I tried just putting all the folders in to the server and nothing..If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciated. And how many maps can I have on the server at one time?

Here is a list of maps I am having problems with:

dem_bhd

dem_warinwoods2

dem_dockside.4df7faa6

dem_lp5a

dem_hs2

dem_kazakstan

dem_nhwd-2

dem_nhwdctf

dem_subway

dem_training

dem_urbanwarrior

I can not get any of them to work...Help..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:38 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Hi, you say you are having problems getting them to work. What is it that is not working?

You can have as many maps as you want on a server I currently run a server which has about 25 maps(not a tc:e server but a close 2nd). The only real restriction would be the amount of ram/hunkmegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:08 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

ok the bhd, dockside,subway, and kazakstan are already pk3 files as well as the others......you need to edit your map.cfg file with those maps in your rotation. The dockside map that you show looks like a temp file or a second version of that map..I know that I made some changes to that map recently and updated the dl directory. If you want the latest version you can get it HERE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

When I extract them to my desk top or to my tce folder I get folders NOT pk3's all the maps do it so that's when I made the pk3's and they still do not work.....If someone has the pk3's for all the maps I listed or knows of a server I can goto to get them I would be greatful.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:51 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I'm helping him out on this---

The maps aren't coming in .pk3 format which is strange to me... there in .zip format, map developers expect you to put them in pk3 format :S?

Anyway, when you do put them in pk3 format [preserving file structure]... You get a cannot load map maps/mapname.bsp Error....

So I'm guessing it's a problem with the map....It loads fine if you dont' run it from a pk3, but obviously people can't download each file of the map would be pk3....So not sure what to do here either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:50 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Ok do you use winrar or winzip to view the files? I use winrar and it works fine for me. Make sure that you put the files as they are in your main tcetest folder. If you download them from a server thru tce It automatically sets them in that folder. Myself and Nawatl havent had any problems yet on transferring pk3's back and forth to each other and testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:54 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Any pk3 file IS a zip file fellas. If the file is named *.zip and you see the familiar content structure in that archive, just rename it to *.pk3 .

Btw, the best program to handle ZIP files is Total Commander in my book. ( http://www.ghisler.com ). I wouldn't want to live without it during development. It handles archives like directories, and I use it to create my test pk3s for the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:04 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i agree with airon, i have all the maps that darkwolf has. infect i think i gave you all the maps in .pk3 file mode. if the are .zip just go to command prompt and use rename command and that should do the trick. cauz all the maps i gave you worked on my little server and that is how i was able to take the snapshot of tem and post it on our website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:03 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I got most of them working all but war in the woods2 and Kazakstan and I have two so called maps that I do not know what they are or what they belong to one says Back and the othere just says Test. Thank you to everyone for all the help....Chris, Venom, )v( JoeDirt, LordofKao$, and Airon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:45 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Dw that test is not really a map.. lol i was trying to do the same for 3 hours. dosent work don't bother.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]