All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, these guys are all right, that is a small graphical error that isnt really a priority right now. maybe when the game hits version 1.00 then they can bother about the little things. If your gonnan say its gonna hurt TCE's competition agaisnt CS, well TT isnt trying to beat CS, they are only trying to make a mod for ET players not hit top one on the charts and knock CS off, although I dont hink they mind if that happens. But remember, there are hundreds of CS players and loyal fans for every single one of us Quakers. HL and CS fans outnumber the quakers by a big number so I dont think that will amke any difference because the HL2 mod teams can easily top what we have in mere days of what is taking TT years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Silentcrisis wrote:
How the weapons are carried now can't really be changed. Just deal with it, you can't have everything.

~Silentcrisis

if the devs are capable to make the models aim infront of theyre head,
what makes you think its impossible to raise the the weopon more up when the models are not aiming

Spartan wrote:
Dragonathan is correct about how the weapons are carried(although he could be a bit more tactful :wink: ). Especially if these guys are supposedly special forces so they should have no problem. Icompleted my service in the army about 2 years ago and I have to tell you, weight of the weapon doesnt matter, you get used to it, I had to slug around the M249 for 5 years...and in combat or wargames you want to have that thing at the ready, and that thing is much heaver then any of these sniper rifles would be. Of course we held our weapons at an angle most of the time like the following images, I think this perhaps would be more accurate for this mod.

http://www.infiltrationmod.de/waffen/m249_03.jpg

http://www.baseops.net/militarybooks/army_7.jpg

now thats a very very good point why the devs should fix this,
a real life trained professional soldier gave you people the answer why its not correct to hold your rifle too low "even if your not aiming"

XenoKiLLer wrote:
I dont think that will amke any difference because the HL2 mod teams can easily top what we have in mere days of what is taking TT years.

thats the hole point, only TT can do things with the WET-engine, that no other game developer can,

and that makes this mod very exclusive.
incredible things have been done with the WET-engine,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:
I dont think that will amke any difference because the HL2 mod teams can easily top what we have in mere days of what is taking TT years.

thats the hole point, only TT can do things with the WET-engine, that no other game developer can,

READ THE POST!!!!!

IN HL2, YOU CAN DO ALL OF THIS IN A WEEK.

EVEN ON HL1!!!!!
TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!!

oh, and when it comes to shouldering the rifle for sights:

it was ALREADY IN THE ENGINE. can you say, sniper rilfe.
(suh-nie-pur rie-full)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, I dont think you got my point there. I meant that TCE wasnt meant to go against CS or any of the other games around. It is only meant to give new gameplay to the existing and future ET fans.

Who says TT is the only capable ET engine developer. I dont you have heard of the ETF team, the FaclkonET team (Wolfenstien Frontlines), the Price of Peace team (who actually created a complete new campaign system never dont in any Quake based game), Vietnam Ambush team and alot more. Those are just ET mod teams, Quake has attained the most number of mods than anyother series. The only thing is, Quake's fans and mod teams arent all as fanatic as the communities of HL and CS, but what makes Quakers better is that their attitudes ar emore open to new community members. If you try putting up your suggestions for a game like HL2 and its mods in a HL forums, guess what they will do? They wont just kick you out, theyll do more than that, alot more.

Right now, Id rather have the devs finish any gameplay features first before messing with the graphical glitches. I consider the gameplay itself more important than any graphical glitch and Im sure many agree with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:55 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:

READ THE POST!!!!!

IN HL2, YOU CAN DO ALL OF THIS IN A WEEK.

EVEN ON HL1!!!!!
TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!!!

oh, and when it comes to shouldering the rifle for sights:

it was ALREADY IN THE ENGINE. can you say, sniper rilfe.
(suh-nie-pur rie-full)

Umm... I can tell you right now that he read his post. It's just that... well... NONE OF YOUR POSTS MAKING *i-need-a-broader-vocab* SENSE!!!

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Clearly that is what someone who hasnt been raoming around and talking the the ET high profiles in recent times and hasnt even heard of he other great ET mods that are coming (except PoP and ETF).

And that is also what someone who probably hasnt played HL2 yet so they dont know how far off the improvements TT made to make the Quake3 engine look good compares to what the Source engine does look like in its raw form. Clearly the Source engine looks alot better even on th lowest settings. Dragon, what the devs have done is remarkable, yet it is not something that makes TCE explcusive because it only is comparable to other Quake based games. When matched up with other newer games on newer engines, it doesnt stand a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I put HL2 demo on lowest. still blew my mind. ragdoll (no longer supported) crowbars and the grav gun <3<3<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yup cool ragdoll. I found myself going primal on a dead headcrab for minutes, it really entertained me whacking a dead headcrab for minutes.

----------------------------------

But what asttonishes me is how HL2's textures and graphic detail remains so damn good even on lowest settings with a dx7 card that is even lower and weaker than its predecessor. (GeForce3 is better than GeForce4). With all these, it still looks really good.

----------------------------------

The quality of that beats everything done to the ET engine by TT, but if you only consider the Quake3 based games, TCE still is the most improved and most detailed and photorealistic mod of the Quake3 era.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:38 pm 
Master
Master

LOL broom stick :lol: :lol:

reminds me of 50 Cent - Magic Stick.
hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:57 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well flyhead, I'm white and am not a whigger. I could barely spell the word "gangster", irony, so I don't listen to any rap.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

rap is for any type of culture,
but it depens on your view of point.

if your white, and think your black, than you can call that wigger,

but when your white and proud of it, but just love blackmusic like hiphop, jazz ect. ect., than you cant say thats wigger.

@flyhead, you wanna see some hot battle from a chinese rapper that owns evryone in battles
click this website: http://www.youtube.com/index
and type jin on the white box on the upper right corner of the website,

but its going off-topic so ill post this quote to stay on topic

Spartan wrote:
Dragonathan is correct about how the weapons are carried(although he could be a bit more tactful :wink: ). Especially if these guys are supposedly special forces so they should have no problem. Icompleted my service in the army about 2 years ago and I have to tell you, weight of the weapon doesnt matter, you get used to it, I had to slug around the M249 for 5 years...and in combat or wargames you want to have that thing at the ready, and that thing is much heaver then any of these sniper rifles would be. Of course we held our weapons at an angle most of the time like the following images, I think this perhaps would be more accurate for this mod.

Dragonathan wrote:

now thats a very very good point why the devs should fix this,
a real life trained professional soldier gave you people the answer why its not correct to hold your rifle too low "even if your not aiming"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

gone for a month, I miss my m249. they should just make waist level shooting way off target and random while aimed shooting fairly accurate when tired and more accurate when still and in top condition (full health and stamina)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if someone is using pistol,
and when hes aiming and not aiming,

you wont see any difference, the 3rd person model holds his pistol the same way, even when he aims or not aim,

the arms and hands is doing nothing,

and the 3rd person model seems to hold the pistol with 1 hands when he is crawling,

it would be more appropraite if the 3rd person model still use both hands even when hes crawling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:26 pm 
Expert
Expert

Two facts are completely ignored in this discussion:

1.) There are 3 positions to hold a weapon and you mix them up here.

- Aiming (ironsights)
http://www.specwarnet.com/europe/KSK_MP5.jpg

- Shouldered (or ready)
http://www.baseops.net/militarybooks/army_7.jpg
http://www.infiltrationmod.de/waffen/m249_03.jpg

- And resting it down on the hip with your arms all the way down just basically holding the weapon with 2 hands lazily.
http://40mm.com/M203grip_Iraq-.JPG

TC:E only has Hip & IS - you're talking about different things. It is true that the 1st person view looks like something between shoulder and hip but it is intended to be at the hips and that is what the 3rd person model represents (properly).

TC:E has Ironsights (which is not too accurate because the head/eyes is a bit too far away from the sights): clicky
(don't be confused that it's a Trauma model, the anims are the same...just didn't find a better picture).
or here.

and Hips: clicky

Not featured is "shoulders".

The ironsighted view doesn't bring the weapon close enought to the model's eyes, that is true but it is a

2.) Limitation of WET engine. Actually, all 3rd person animations are anims from original ET. It doesn't make any difference between firemodes etc., in ET you simply "hold the gun". The ironsight animation is an anim of a certain weapon in ET (forgot which) that is suboptimal (same thing like the left hand having a distance to the weapon). The devs KNOW about these issues (they are obvious, aren't they?) but it still isn't sure if the software bought by the donations last year will really let them alter the anims.

This has all been answered so often...

Animation issues MIGHT be corrected. But TT's not 100% sure. If you have such big problems with sooooo many aspects of the game ("the devs have to change this, they need to implement that, this looks crappy, that is not shiny enough, isn't destructable, tires on cars don't deflate, water doesn't look good enough etc. etc.) - why don't you go and play a different game? If I think a game needs so damn much improvement or it won't appeal to me as a gamer - I play a different game.

This is not a "who finds out the most insufficiencies of an outdated game engine"-contest. If you like it or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:34 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

He's always like this Melmoth. :roll:

Just get used to it. ;)

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next