All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

*sigh* You're right. I better should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i play allot of other games,

i dont play allot of pc games though, allot of console games,
most pc games are the same, FPS, STRATEGY, RPG, and thats about it,

console games are more original, more different type of games with a hole different concept,

the reason i fallow this project, is because the communication between the community and the devs are really good, you can give comments & suggestions, and theres big chance the developers gonna read your comments & suggestions,

thats something i cant do with allot of commercial games,

but trust me, the devs appreciate improvement idea's/suggestions/comments & critics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just by having a really long thread and improperly title topic will turn them away.

In the Quake engine, what you see in third person isnt what you see in firstperson. That is why things look different. And for some reason the camera isnt even in the right place by default, making the hip level seem higher and the third person view of ironsight aiming not really where the eye is. It is like the camera itself in somewhre around the throath just to give the illusion of proper proportion of the game itself. Quake wasnt meant to be played like this. It was designed with arcade-like hip level shooting not aiming.

America's army however, based on the UT2k4 engine, UE2.5, it was heavily modified by the Department of defense's own MOVES Institute. Thy design training software and applications for the DoD. In game, in any friendly fire situation or when ever you shouldnt be firing, the game automatically lowers the rifle into shouldered ready position. When you stand next to a close door, it is in hip, when you move towards the door, it is lowered to ready because of possible richochett, when you open the door it quickly goes back to raised ready position pointing forward.

That isnt possible for the current state of TCE and the engine itself, having limited number of animations. Quake only had two weapon positions, hip or aim (for sniper rifles or scoped). TCE makes use of both, using the scope mode as the ironsight moe with reduced zoom. Other games however were designed for ironsights and may feature more than one gun position. AA has ironsight, shoulder readied, lowered, holstered, and crawling (where the gun is rested on your arms while they are crossed as you crawl instead of having it holstered)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
just by having a really long thread and improperly title topic will turn them away.

not if i pm them and tell them wich one to read, and wich members are spamming off-topic post's so they can ignore them :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh did allready told you that i made my own forum, with allot of kick ass suggestions, im sure if i pm the devs and let them read the forum, that they gonna implent a couple suggestions, :lol: :lol: :lol:

but im not gonna do it, im just suggestion the most importent stuff,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
That isnt possible for the current state of TCE and the engine itself,

Melmoth wrote:
The devs may be able to change the anims (this is an animations issue) with the software bought from the donations last year. It seems to be difficult but it might be possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:10 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Uhh... e-mailing members your topic and the "importance" of it is spamming itself.

And not all of your threads are kickass.

Like this one... I really see no need for this idea because it's not going to be changed.

So, Xeno and I are going to make a decision.

To close or not to close? That is the question of this thread. :lol:

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yes, I think we have reached a final comment, it is a graphical glitch between fps view and third person view. It is a glitch and not a priority until the rest of the game is finished or until TT decideds to fix it. And ofcourse, it has nothing to do with gameplay, just visuals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:28 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

It is done then.

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4