All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: REDUCE THE SWINGING WHEN AIMING WITH THE SNIPER
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the swinging when aiming with the sniper scope, can be remove/reduced,
this will not mean that evryone will use the sniper and camp.
if you play warrock, you'll notice that the snipers dont swing at all.
and not evryone is using sniper, and not evryone makes a perfect shot constantly, just because the sniper doesnt swing anymore, doesnt mean you dont need no skills anymore to make some good shots. it still requires allot of skills. i thought the models sepose to be professional soldiers, and professional soldiers dont swing they're sniper rifles like WIMPS.

watch this movie.
these are navy seal snipers, and i dont see they're swinging they're rifles,

(put it on pause first, play it after the download is complete, this increase the download speed.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECu-pTrq ... ch=snipers

just remember that snipers are trained to stay cool in evry difficult situation. i think most professional snipers dont swing that much like in allot of FPS games, thats extremely unrealistic. allot of FPS developers added the swinging because they fear that evryone will camp. but its not true, in warrock you dont swing when you aim with the sniper, but i dont see evryone is camping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:50 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

It should be so that the lower your adrenaline meter is, the more difficult it is to focus the shot. And if there's breathing control, you only have a few seconds to hold your breath and aim.

If your adrenaline meter is all the way full, the shot will be easier to make.

A stealth meter should also be added. Like if you take only a few shots and aren't noticed by too many people.

If this meter is all the way up, you'll make the easiest shots and breathing control won't be a problem.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

these military sniper rifles are really heavy compared to hunting rifles. They will always swing unless supported. People who sniper in warrock and cant even get a hit must really s+++ alot. If there is nolonger a swing then they really must be very very bad with the sniping. Real sniper rifles will always swing as your chest moves with breathing and your heart pulsating, your arms shaking lightly to the weight, plus the pull of the trigger moves the gun aswell. Snipers dont pull the trigger like regular soldiers pull triggers of regular guns. they dont pull with their finger, instead they pull with the whole finger joint and use the arm to pull directly instead of just finger movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in my opinion, the swinging can be removed or extremely reduced...

but like silentcrises suggested, when the stamina is full, you shouldnt swing the sniper rifle at all,, but when your out of stamina, than you will swing the rifle,

i think what silentcrises suggested is a pretty neat idea:

Silentcrisis wrote:
It should be so that the lower your adrenaline meter is, the more difficult it is to focus the shot. And if there's breathing control, you only have a few seconds to hold your breath and aim.

If your adrenaline meter is all the way full, the shot will be easier to make.

A stealth meter should also be added. Like if you take only a few shots and aren't noticed by too many people.

If this meter is all the way up, you'll make the easiest shots and breathing control won't be a problem.

~Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:15 pm 
High Master
High Master

Look at the last update on the main site.

They have reduced sniper damage while not aiming to 25%, and added an inverse range damage scale.

This tremendously nerfs the sniper, so it stands to reason that sway will be reduced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Another thing that would be good for the swaying is holding your breath to stop the swaying. This should only be available for a while, then it starts to sway vigorously as you try to catch your breath. This is the same thing in CoD2. Also, shooting from the standing position should (with the fact that your already using the scope) lower your stamina with a sniper rifle as its weight is making your arms tired and then the shaking starts. This prevents anyone from just standing there in the shadows with a scope readied to shoot the unsuspecting person who passes by. This would reduce the ability of a sniper to camp and force him to keep moving like what a real sniper does. This should also remove the idea that all snipers are campers because with this, you cant camp at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like that,

stamina affects accuracy, the less you have, the more the sway.

if you are standing, you are f*cking inaccurate because you need to hold a good 20 lbs at shoulder lever, slightly better when crouching, and not at all (unless aiming way up) when prone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yup. And ofcourse if you suppor the gun with another object under it, like a window ledge then crouch, that should make it much more accurate. These swaying control features should be used for 050 or 051 which ever can get the most updates faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:23 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Sniping isn't easy.

Not many sniper's out there who can keep a balanced sight in between shots.

Plus, it adds to the difficulty to sniping.

It's more "realistic" Dragon to have the scope bobbing like that. Ironic eh?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:28 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the only way to actually stop a sniper from swaying is to mount it in every direction, which isnt possible and is very cumbersome. Even with a bipod the rifle will still be swaying as you breathe. Snipers are trained to use this, their breathing and their heartrate to shoot properly. If you are having a hard time shooting with it, just move the rifle around, tote it in counter clockwise circles continuously, because, as you move it it doesnt sway as much, it is moving and since it is, its alraedy has enough intertia so it aims faster and is more controlled. Put that with the fact that you listen to the breathing, shoot in between breaths only. Plus, something not available in game, yet applicable to real life sniping, try to learn and know your heart rate pattern and squeez the mouse or fire button in between heartbeats. This is what I do, but not just for sniping. Shooting in beetween breaths make you inaccurate, shooting with your heart rate also makes you inaccurate because it makes you shaky. So, by properly taking for account every single factor, both in game and in reallife, I can judge on the spot whether or not I should take the shot or not. I never shoot when in panic, everytime I do that by mistake I always end up dead or with a TK. Instead, I calmly attack the enemy with a forward harge sending them in a panic and using that human quality against them. Worst thing they can do is spray.

Another thing you can do is just wait until the cross aligns with the target. This may take time and will definitely be unacceptable since the enemy isnt just going to stand there and wait. So, instead of randomly waiting, learn the bobbing pattern, normally it would be up to the right down then up the the left and around full circle. If you know the pattern, then just move it to where you expect it to move before it does so it aligns faster.

Havent you ever been surprised how some people can shoot a 1 hit kill even with this bobbing and swaying. I fyou played America's Army as a sniper in an urban area where firefights are everywhere, its really hard to aim, but how do these players still get good shots? They arent cheating, there really is a way around this. If you use the swaying to your advantage, then it wouldnt be a problem. Use my method, see if it works for you, if not, try one of your own, make one up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you have to look at it this way,

the left hand in the game,
-is your real left hand thats holding the keys,

the right hand in the game,
-is your real right hand thats holding the mouse,

just use your imagination...

now, you sepose to be the model thats holding the sniper in the game.
so how is it possible that the sniper is swinging like a retarded person is holding the sniper.
when your not even swingin in "real life/at the moment"

you shouldnt automaticly swing your rifle in the game at all,
people swing autmaticly when theyre nervous,

read what kozak posted:

Kozak6 wrote:
Look at the last update on the main site.

They have reduced sniper damage while not aiming to 25%, and added an inverse range damage scale.

This tremendously nerfs the sniper, so it stands to reason that sway will be reduced.

edit: it shouldnt be reduced, it should be removed IMO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, why point that out we all read that already.

Dragonathan wrote:
the left hand in the game,
-is your real left hand thats holding the keys,

the right hand in the game,
-is your real right hand thats holding the mouse,

What is the point of this? The left hand is controlling the overall body movements while the righthand controls the head and waist turning to tote the weapon around aswell as acts as your trigger finger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:54 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Try sticking a power plug into your spine and see if you can send electicral signals from your brain to the computer. You might revolutionize gaming for many years to come.

If it works, you'll die a genius. If it doesn't, you'll die of paralysis in your room and no one will find your dead lifeless body for days.

Either way, you'll die and make the world a better place in some way. :P

j/k

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay, that was uncalled for. I really dont get your point on the left hand and right hand. Most of these features you are asking for are actually better off for an MMORPG or a third person run and gun shooter than a "Class based team oriented tactical shooter" mod for a WWII run and gun First-person shooter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
now, you sepose to be the model thats holding the sniper in the game.
so how is it possible that the sniper is swinging like a retarded person is holding the sniper.
when your not even swingin in "real life/at the moment"

you sepose to be the model in the game,
you get it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next