All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Oh, that was what everyone else used. (IQ -10) :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:40 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

these online tests arent as reliable as the real tests you take in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
these online tests arent as reliable as the real tests you take in person.

true, but some are even more reliable than a real I.Q test.
there are some online I.Q. test's wich is basicly 100% the same test like you would have if your testing your I.Q. in real life, in person...

so you cant say its not reliable, some are pretty legit and valid,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:58 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

theres no way of knowing if your being duped tho

--offtopic-- you gotta try Silkroad Online, dragon, its great has the same quality of graphics as KAL, but it has barely any lag even in the middle of town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Such online-tests are made so that they know which sort of spam they got to send you (depending on your answers) via email. On the other hand: What is intelligence? It is hard mensurable. It also doesn't mean a lot if you had the brain-power, but if you don't use it. A lot of people got the potential and only "training" can make us smarter. If someone is playing computer games all day, then he will be quite good at it after a while. If someone is doing a lot of maths, then he won't be weak in algebra. Beeing good in one thing only demonstrates that you have already received some education and not that you have a valuable world view or whatever. Such tests only bring to proof that you have attended certain schools - or that you have a sort of basic knowledge and could be able to learn more, from that sort of position. Nevertheless, if you are that proud of your result and ideas, then you might want to slip in a word of your extraordinarily visions in your application for a job. You might want to save your great phrases in a text document already, for later use, of course!11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

IMO, IQ tests aren't very realistic. I feel that they just test your reading comprehension - so if you read faster and grasp things at a quicker rate you are deemed more intelligent than the slower, deep thinkers. Not.

I don't think there is a true gauge of intelligence unless you know/observe a person. That way you can see how they react to certain situations... mentally and physically.

A college requirement for me was to take an IQ test (since there were no grade prerequisites) and I scored a 143... and I am nowhere near smart. That just shows how that system is flawed. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:55 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

It isn't the IQ, it's the application you put into something that shows your intelligence. Yeah, they aren't reliable. One time I took an IQ test and got 181 and another time I got 120, they are as random as I am on an open field when I forgot to take my pills. :P

I for one am semi-lazy yet have a high IQ. I am ranked #4 out of 150 people in my class because I'm lazy. I know that if I did the little bit of extra work I could have excelled to #1. I knew I could have but didn't bother too.

My point is that it doesn't matter how intelligent you may seem or what the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* your IQ is, I'm guilty of using IQ to my advantage ;), it is the work ethic and dedication to something that gets sheit done. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, we cant judge anyone's competency by their intelligence. how did we end up comparing each other's online IQ scores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Silentcrisis wrote:
It isn't the IQ, it's the application you put into something that shows your intelligence.

<3<3<3

I suck at reading comprehention. I can do quantum theory if it gets explained, but if it's in a book, blech!

I"m a visual-spacial learner. I learn from doing (hell, in a lot of games, I rush in and start playing before I know the controls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its understandable that you cant do that with quantum physics. But with games, it is rather a sad thruth for you that the controls are more or less the same for every game. Basic controls like fire go on the mouse and the movement keys use WSAD all the time if not all the time, most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

My aunt wanted to know my IQ a few years ago so I took the official test. I got a 141. 140+ is genius level they said. So I thought to myself "what a load!" So I took another test that was harder and it said genius level. Then I took another really long test which took about an hour and it said I scored in the top 2 percent of the 2+ million other people that took it.

All I can say is this ... these tests cant be a true measurement.

But then again I also took a "personality profile test" which basically said I was socially inept and a classic geek, so maybe there is something to these things. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

these tests arent really that accurate because it only measures your logical capabilities and not your full reasoning ability. It may ask you questions where you use reasoning, but your not tested on it, they only want to see whether you get the point or not. What would be a true meaurement of someone's intelligence would be simply looking at where they are now, at how they live, and how they are currently living. You may be dumb with math and all that stuff, but who says youll never make success just because your stupid? right. So, these IQ tests are just measurements of how fast someone can learn things on the spot. As you see, there is repeats of certain question types that are ussual trick questions, but if you eventually answer the first one of the kind, you can answer the next much faster. So they are really seeing how fast you learn but not your true intelligence. Intelligence is something that really can be measured by aa simple test like this, and probably not a single test at all. Who said an average person would never get E=MC square. It may take a genius to concieve it first, but the average people will eventuall get it themselvs as we see now, nearly everyone who goes to school should know what E=MC square is.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2