All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Melee Attacks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:16 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I apologize if this was already discussed or in the wrong forum, but I'm bringing it up anyways. And there are a lot of half-assed topics here so I thought I'd add to the half-assity. :)

What about the possibility of a Melee attack for up close and personal. I think it would be much better then running up in their face and trying to pull out your knife or just shooting randomly hoping to hit him.

1st Melee: disarming. If you got close enough to the point where they're pointing their barrel in your face you can hit the weapon out of their hand forcing them to pull out their secondary or finding another weapon giving you a chance to shoot them, stab them, etc.

2nd Mell: Rifle Butting, pistol whipping, or kicking. If you attack your opponent from the side; if you are unarmed, with a knife, hit the melee button and kick them in the face, knocking them down, giving you time to kill, if you're armed with a pistol, you whip them knocking them down, rifle; you rifle butt them in the temple, knocking them down, so on so forth. (That's a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up sentence, in a hurry though.)

3rd Melee: Breaking knecks, taking hostage: this was inspired by splinter cell. You grab the character hold your knife to their throat and pull out your secondary weapon shooting your opponents or grab them then perform a neck breaking action button.

I'm thinking of other types of melee attacks you could perform too, so I'll be back tomorrow w/more.

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:37 am 
High Master
High Master

Breaking necks!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, that's just one of the biggest thing Dragon is a proponent of.

I really don't see this happening due to all of the animation work. That's a hell of a lot of animating, which is one of the more difficult things to do in TCE. The Price of Peace (another mod for ET) had to switch engines because they couldn't get any animators.

Neck breaking in particular isn't going to happen. It's way too much animating, and it's not realistic. You don't snap a neck if you can shoot someone in the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:54 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

breaking someone's neck is impossible,
but cutting someone's troat is possible,
wanna know why?
than read my thread,
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=401

@kozak, i like to know what type of games you like,
do you only play FPS games? games like doom, quake, those stuff,
because maybe i can understand you why you hate features like
"break someone's neck" "special hidden features" ect. ect.
and what kind of game consoles do you play?

p.s. @silentcrisis splintercell stole allot of things from metal gear solid,
metal gear solid whas the first game who invented "stealth action game"
yess i remember the first metal gear solid on the PS!. it whas revolutionary,
splintercell actually stole allot of things from metal gear, even the developers of splintercell admit that they're inspired by metal gear,

so my point is, "splintercell" is A bigg ass "metal gear solid" rip off
the difference is, you can do more movements in splintercell.

Post subject: Re: Melee Attacks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:01 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ohh and another thing,
your suggestion is too complex dude...

Silentcrisis wrote:
I apologize if this was already discussed or in the wrong forum, but I'm bringing it up anyways. And there are a lot of half-assed topics here so I thought I'd add to the half-assity. :)

What about the possibility of a Melee attack for up close and personal. I think it would be much better then running up in their face and trying to pull out your knife or just shooting randomly hoping to hit him.

1st Melee: disarming. If you got close enough to the point where they're pointing their barrel in your face you can hit the weapon out of their hand forcing them to pull out their secondary or finding another weapon giving you a chance to shoot them, stab them, etc.

2nd Mell: Rifle Butting, pistol whipping, or kicking. If you attack your opponent from the side; if you are unarmed, with a knife, hit the melee button and kick them in the face, knocking them down, giving you time to kill, if you're armed with a pistol, you whip them knocking them down, rifle; you rifle butt them in the temple, knocking them down, so on so forth. (That's a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up sentence, in a hurry though.)

3rd Melee: Breaking knecks, taking hostage: this was inspired by splinter cell. You grab the character hold your knife to their throat and pull out your secondary weapon shooting your opponents or grab them then perform a neck breaking action button.

I'm thinking of other types of melee attacks you could perform too, so I'll be back tomorrow w/more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kicking=semi-easy.

just teal a bunch of stuff from RTCW.

I just did th first level with god mode and all I did was FLYING NINJA KICKS!!!
HOO-AH!
I think that the 1-hit-kill back stab would be good enough for sneaking up and killing. I"m not sure how many specops are trained to take hostages, however fun it would be.

I"M sure that if we tried enough, we might be able to get bayonets on our rifles, heck, I think that there are shotguns with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like the gunstock cudgeling, all that mauling power of those heavy guns can be very effective. Its alot like in CoD i think, where you could use the gun stock to hit enemies at close.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]