All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

Heretic wrote:
There aren't only 15 yo players who say - " pwned dat dood, i r haxxorr " etc, I see people who are in their 20's with mental age of 2, who use multiple name thingy so they dont get kicked

Sad but true.

I personally think that, no, it shouldn't be included. Take a look at CS? I used to play that years before HL2 and therefore CSS, and believe me... intergrated voice chat ruins the game- you get people accusing others of hacking and, like earlier mentioned, people screaming out victory crys and taunts etc.

There was ALWAYS a lot of lag when more than 2 people talk... (Yeah, I have a decent connection- 256kbps, but this was back where there were 56ker 'clubs' so pretty much EVERYONE had a 56kbps dial-up. xD) not to mention the fact that you couldn't hear people when 1. Game sounds like 'fire in the hole' or something was set off. 2. When 2 people or more talk/argue/insult. Whichever you wish to call it.

Heretic wrote:
I'd rather listen to a stoned chav on speed then see as*holes like that on the server.

Sheesh.. roger that mate :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I dont know, i think half the people are too immature that play this game (altho there seems to be less in this game than other games), even if they are older. Age doesnt seem to matter anymore, people think they are hardcore typing away or talking away on TS. Itd be hard to regulate, and personally, i cant put up with them. Its bad enough with all the text, the TS would be a nightmare unless it was regulated and had some people that dont act like little kiddies. Ive met 18 & 21 yr olds that act like they are 12. Otherwise TS would be a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ability to ignore imature is a first sign of maturity :)

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:55 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I dont think thats true at all. Little kiddies can get on anyones nerves, you cant just ignore someone thats rambling on (in TS) "OMG HEKILLED ME 1 SHOT, HAXOR CHEATER, HE HAS TO HAVE WALL HACK AND AIMBOT, CHEATER, KICK HIM!!!!!". It gets old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:13 am 
Master
Master

unless voicechat is available, i dont think you're gonna get alotta coop from teammates. usually when you die in one shot it usually means the enemy got a headshot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:21 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I suggest this solution:

1. Teamspeak is not always bad, but usually seves little purpose in public servers
2. Therefore it should not required (ie built into the TCE architecture)
3. It is useful when utilised properly (like in the real world...)
4. Thus TCE should be compatible with a voice communication system (not necesarily teamspeak)
5. Servers should be given a choice to allow a voice system or not (and players filters and whatnot). The voice feature should be clearly apparent when chosoing a server (whether you like it or not, this is very important)
6. This is just a suggestion. TCE could have an auto kicking feature (brining a person to a kicking vote if they talk to much [its easy to measure length of converstaion] or to loud [and a combo]). the team would vote on it (who can better judge the persons talking than his teamates?), and even nicer if there were an option to vote immunity to the voice communiction adepts (started by someone on the team but not the person being voted upon).
7. from 6, it would also be useful to eliminate ALL talk between teams. you don't normally see insurgents in Iraq and beleagured US infantry chatting about the benefits of the Ak-47 versus the M16 over tea and bisuits (thus eliminating most insults)
8. I understand these might be hard to code for, but I believe they are worthwhile.

Please respond!!! (and who said that 12 year olds are immature!!!...) :wink:

...maybe not so cool :)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have a feeling weve discussed this before. but its definetly true. Only no0bs actually have time to make victory cries. Theres a diff between them and me. I kill, I move away silently. They kill, they stnad and dance over it thn get killed by the same person later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:30 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hey guys, im new to the forums, but not to the game and i just want to say that i think that TS is very useful to our clan and when we are scrimming someone, it is very helpful to beable to talk on the run and not have to type "he is in the southwest corner of the building, person A snipe him, person B flank him and knife him in the back, i will distract him from the front."

by the time im done typing, i'll be dead 6 ways from tuesday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

some people use shortcut codes like ten-codes, nato phonetic, etc.. or make up your own coding to be used by your clan, it is perfect for relaying quick orders around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2