All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Teamplay on Pub servers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:37 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hey guys just alittle tactics from the Koz. This can work very well excaly if you can get everyone to move together and at a slower pase.

The keys to playing tactics on pub servers, when playing terrorists this is much easyer because you can say "Move to Objective" and everyone basicly understands what needs to be done to do this. But with the spec ops this is a much greater challange. What would be good is if the magor servers like tce-force.com provided a teamspeak server. It would help greatly but getting everyone on that server is a harder feat. Anyways if anyone has any advice for what they can do to promote teamplay on pub servers post here!

Using key words like "smoke and move" can help greatly if we could have some of these in voice commands it would be awsome.

Peace
Kozuka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:01 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I offered to put up a teamspeak sever just for TCE and I got different replies back some said they would use it otheres said they have thier own.....I didn't pushthe issuse any farther then that...I think it would be a great idea to have a TS server for each TCE server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:42 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yeah but not everyone would use it. If there only was a way to have it integrated into true combat elite.

Peace
Kozuka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:54 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yeah. This is where CS excels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:15 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

clan up and march out together !

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:45 am 
Marksman
Marksman

tce-force has always had a ts channel setup
tce-force.com in ts quick connect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:55 am 
Mr. Dangerous

=[MH]=Kozuka wrote:
Yeah but not everyone would use it. If there only was a way to have it integrated into true combat elite.

Peace
Kozuka

Even if intergrated, I'd still not use it, in fact I'd mute it if that was an option. (and it better be)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:15 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Solution is simple;

Set server rule so everyone who is present on the game server has to be on TS server as well.
Otherwise server admin would kick player who don't use TS.
Also other players could always vote-kick guy who is not willing to use TS.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:17 am 
Mr. Dangerous

So your telling me that I'd be REQUIRED to have a MIC ....(I don't have a working one BTW, I got pissed off and threw my headset at the wall, Are YOU going to buy me a replacement?)

I also find it interesting you think you can force people to use TS over Ventrilo, RogerWilco, and Skype...what gives you that right?

You do realize that TS is not availible for Apple Mac's right? I guess when the Mac version of TC:E is released they would be welcome to play with you.

Rather elitist.

Not to mention with all the radio spam in TC:E (Tango Down, Enemy Spotted, MAN DOWN, I'm taking fire) every 5 seconds you can't HEAR anyone on TS...

The fact remains, I do NOT want to hear a bunch of 15 year olds telling me how they "pwned that dood" in a voice program just to play on a server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:17 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hey, hey, chil out man, I didn't atack You personaly not anyone else by any means.

It was just an idea and if You don't like it that's OK as well as it is OK for me to have my own opinion based on my experience.

Gosh, for a moment I thought I have killed somebody...

Just to answer some questions You made;

Quote:
Are YOU going to buy me a replacement?

No I have no desire to do so. But if You already have PC and paying internet than what's so big deal about headset? I have seen some decent headsets for decent price.

Farther, You said;

Quote:
what gives you that right?

It is not question here what gives me "that right" it is right that comes together with server administrator privileges.

The idea is not to force people to listen what some not very mature guy has to say but to force people to use teamwork which is so rare to see other than when You are playing with clan-mates.

Quote:
You do realize that TS is not available for Apple Mac's right?

Yes I'm aware of it and that's so unfortunate. TS team has promised to make TS version available for people who use Mac and I truly hope it will happen sooner rather than later.

Again if that's problem than don't use TS, use Ventrilo or other voice com. program.

Quote:
Not to mention with all the radio spam in TC:E (Tango Down, Enemy Spotted, MAN DOWN, I'm taking fire) every 5 seconds you can't HEAR anyone on TS...

That's not true. You could use "push to talk" feature and nobody would be forced to listen everything that's going on on your end.

Quote:
The fact remains, I do NOT want to hear a bunch of 15 year olds telling me how they "pwned that dood" in a voice program just to play on a server.

Neither do I. There are options to kick those people on both - game server and TS server so why not use it? They are available for a reason.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:21 pm 
Mr. Dangerous

It's very doubtful you will ever see a level of teamplay that requires voice communications on a public server.
Much more likely you will see it in league/ladder type play, with a team you play and practice with on a regular basis.

What I ment by the radio spam, I think u misunderstood, I didn't mean my teammates could here what was going on on my end. I ment I couldn't hear THEM over the useless radio chatter. I can hear them speaking, but can't quite understand what they are saying.

The dev really needs to give the player the ability to mute that junk.

I still think "insisting" that players use TS to play on a public server is a bit over the top. It should of course be up to the server admin, but I see no reason to force players to adopt this.

I was really not trying to be hostile, but you can't really mandate that players have a mic AND a system able to run TS to play on a PUBLIC server.
Lock it and make it private, and give the password to likeminded people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:35 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

MAN I PWND THAT DOOD!!!

lol

:arrow: gator yu so crazy . . . .

i would like to see all that radio spam killed or mutable

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:40 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

to further the mute idea...
i'd like to mute almost ALL people. most of the time i dont care to see written that i or anyother person is a noob, stoopid mofo... etc
useless chatter....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:46 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
I was really not trying to be hostile,

I’m sometimes way too emotional so maybe We could just forget if there was any bitter feelings and start it over as wise people do.

Note I’m always open for almost any kind of discussion as long as it is in civil manner and I had/have no intention to harm anyones feelings.

Quote:
It's very doubtful you will ever see a level of teamplay that requires voice communications on a public server.

Most likely You’re right. My idea was/is to recreate something that was implemented in GR COOP community where it showed significant results.

Shortly, there would be game server and TS (or else) server and everyone would get connected to both servers.

Than people would choose someone who is trusted and respected for a team leader (it could be random choice as well).
Once game started players would obey orders and usage of TS would be limited to short sit. rep. - depending on situation.

As said, anyone who is acting like a jerk or talking like one would get banned from both servers which would make that server oasis for mature-acting team players.

Now, I know that TCE is not GR, even less COOP game, but I’m confident it could be done and serious players would have just benefits from it.

Quote:
What I ment by the radio spam, I think u misunderstood, I didn't mean my teammates could here what was going on on my end. I ment I couldn't hear THEM over the useless radio chatter. I can hear them speaking, but can't quite understand what they are saying.

Yes, I misunderstood that one.

Quote:
you can't really mandate that players have a mic AND a system able to run TS to play on a PUBLIC server.

While I understand there are people who have a low system specifications or weak internet connection it still doesn’t take much to run TS or similar.

About microphone – it could be OK if someone doesn’t have a mic. as long as he/she is connected to TS server and can hear other people and is aware of what’s going on.
It is clumsy solution but it would partly overcome lack of mic.
Note that most of the people already have mic.

Quote:
Lock it and make it private, and give the password to likeminded people.

That’s another option but it would filter out those that We don’t know and who might be just as We are – people who prefer to play as a team, not group of lone wolfs.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:17 pm 
Expert
Expert

Wouldn't integrated voice chat implement to lagg? If not, then you could have a decision who to talk to when joining, but that would be rather complicated, also, one person mute function would be almost definatly nesessary. There aren't only 15 yo players who say - " pwned dat dood, i r haxxorr " etc, I see people who are in their 20's with mental age of 2, who use multiple name thingy so they dont get kicked, I'd rather listen to a stoned chav on speed then see as*holes like that on the server.

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next