All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Reload...or not
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:04 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

May I start with the first thread?

I'm not exactly new (actually more of a pro :D ), but after every firefight, I must decide whether to reload or not to reload. If I reload, I will have full ammo for the next encounter. TC:E veterans know how many guns in the game seems to just drink ammo like water.

On the other hand, there might be a some enemies lurking by that was not killed off during the initial bout, and kills you while reloading. Plus, since you don't get to keep the rest of the clip (if you're not empty already), you end up wasting ammo. TC:E veterans know how ammo can become pretty scarce after a few fights.

So, as Hamlet would say: to reload...or not to reload?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 am 
High Master
High Master

Also, you need to determine if you would simply be better taking your enemy's weapon. If you are running low on magazines, and take out an an enemy, just grab his weapon real quick and see if he has appreciably more ammo than you.

An added benefit to using enemy weapons is that you can fire it behind enemy lines and keep a lower profile (if the gunshot sounds aren't shared with the opposing team's counterpart weapon).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:43 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yeah, that makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:11 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

A tip to reload is to do it by ducking behind a crate/canister and do it when you have a team mate near by for cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:33 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

When using the pistol in combination with the sniper rifle depending on how much ammo that you use. I would suggest that you reload after every kill, or find yourself hearing the *click* in the middle of a firefight and basicly when that happens your a dead man.

Peace
Kozuka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:50 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i would like to add this.... if you are in assult mode m16,m4,ak-47 etc... try getting good at single shots.. cauz they are very accurate and use less ammo. also keep your secondary weapon loaded. and use it only if you need to. that is my back up so if i am out of ammo and reloading and some one comes up ,you can quickely switch to hand gun and kill him be4 he kills you. all so if you are a sniper try not to shoot standing up... less accurate , easy to sopt. just try to find some good sopt wehre you can duck down. on that note try to find a spot where enemy is approching(running towerds you , or away fom you ) vertical, much easy to kill then enemy running horizontal. hope you guys find this helpful.

ps. for more learning tips visit www.darkmilitiaclan.com or get a hold of me.

Peace Venom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:53 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

venom {DM} wrote:
also keep your secondary weapon loaded. and use it only if you need to. that is my back up so if i am out of ammo and reloading and some one comes up ,you can quickely switch to hand gun and kill him be4 he kills you.

Well, the problem is that it takes some time to switch weapons as well, and usually, you're just as dead as if you were caught reloading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:13 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

hey guys :)

never reload while you hear a teammate that is actually doing it already... after his weapon is fully loaded it's your chance to do the same. taking cover is very important and falling back a lil bit during reloading is no disadvantage.

on the other hand if you hear an enemy reloading then you can rush in - but we careful, because it isn't said that he would be alone :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:01 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

When possible and I'm playing with someone that is in our TS sever and we are working together I will tell them when I am reloading and I try to find a spot out of the way behind cover as they provid some cover and or covering fire.

Oh one more thing I saw this last night on our server..DO NOT BUNCH UP....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:37 am 
Marksman
Marksman

If I find myself in a "hot spot" with high probability of enemy encounter when the ammo in the magazine starts running low, I usually switch to secondary (which should be full-loaded!) and retreat to somewhere more safe to regroup. I don't know about real combat, but in this game, if you are in a dangerous spot, you can't afford to render yourself defenseless by reloading.
If I find myself cornered with both primary and secondary weapons empty (or near empty) and an enemy who came out of nowhere, I will switch to the knife and try to cut him, rather than trying to reload and hoping that I survive his fire.
This is a consequence of my general play-philosophy: always make the first move, but never count on the opponent's lack of skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:36 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

if you are in another room then throw a grenade into the entrance of it. now you reload and the enemies will think that you are not able to defend yourself. they will rush in and when they are doing that all of them will die cause of the explosition.

... that already worked pretty well and against a lot of people :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:13 am 
Marksman
Marksman

legato wrote:
If I find myself in a "hot spot" with high probability of enemy encounter when the ammo in the magazine starts running low, I usually switch to secondary (which should be full-loaded!) and retreat to somewhere more safe to regroup. I don't know about real combat

Yeah most people think that in real life they stop one by one to reload.. Well i think they seen one to many movies ..lol .. When your at war and under fire my friend you reload when you have but try not to waste ammo on things you can't hit. but the odds on being able to use youe side arm ( A ENAMY THATS CLOSE ) are about 1 out of 10. Most of your soldiers mainly use there m16 even swat teams don't try to use there side arms .. But anyway back to the game :) Thats good to do I try t odo it myself but i just use a smoke nade and fall back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

Estimation = Preference + Experience

Estimation = You can guess/estimate/know how much damege you can do with a certain ammount of ammo, You would also consider the map, location on that map and how many team mates you have left.

For example: dem_railhouse, you're a terrorist, you have MAC10, you're defending the bomb, no temmates are left alive, I waste a clip on two short range, or one clip on one long range.
If I am not defending, with M16, usually clip is enough on 3 people and a couple left in the mag.

Preference = If you prefer Specops weapons and you are a terrorist or vice versa, don't hesitate to waste the whole clip and pick up their weapon, because it takes less time to switch weapon other than to reload.

Experience = Both of the above combined - There is no definate universal answear to reload or not to reload, it is highly dependent on the situation.

Excuse my English, I don't have a spell check...

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:14 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

For me it depends how much ammo i have left. If i have like a 1/5 or more i usually wont reload, anything less i will. It also depends on where i am, am i going to be in CQC (Close Quarters Combat) or Long Range Combat. In CQC i can typically kill someone in 5 or 6 shots, not all the time. If its medium to long range i usually cannot, unless im on semi or shoot single on auto. Its really kind of an instinct for me i guess. Every once and awhile i either misjudge or it takes me a lot of ammo to kill someone and i might have to whip out the ole pistol. Sometimes i can get out of sight to get my pistol out then go back and shoot them. This game is all about cover. Also, a lot of times im in a fightfight and i shoot at someone for a second, and if i dont kill them, sometimes they just unload their whole magazine on me when i am out of sight or behind cover, so i wait till i hear a click or reload then move in and finish them off. It really helps to listen to whats going on. Headphones work wonders, altho i dont use them much. Mine are just cd player headphones and the wire isnt that long. But you can hear people really well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:30 am 
Master
Master

lol if i heard my gun go click in real life, i would either throw my gun down and beg for mercy, or slap him with my gun, or shove my beyonet in his armpit and tear off an arm. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next