All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: War Rock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:10 am 
High Master
High Master

It's supposed to be sort of a clone of Battlefield 2, except it runs on lower end machines.

It's definitely worth a look.

http://www.warrock.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

did i not mention that already in the other post. :?

anyways.. yeah, its a clone of BF2. It plays like DoD, wher eyou capture bases or flags to move on toward your enemy. There are drivable vehicles same as BF2, except that all the weapons and vehicles are korean (they also use humvees). For a simple game, it has ragdoll physics and lighting effects. The graphics quality can compare to America's Army (when AA is running on very low settings), but does not compare in gameplay. Its play style is also slightly similar to CS, and less of AA since they dont use ironsights.

Downside is, there seems to be somesort of lagg online. although you might not notice it with the animations, when you kill someone, it normally takes a few seconds before to kill is even realized by the server. (so you got a headshot already, but the guy is still moving, then a few seconds later, he dies with your name on him)

Thats about it, right now its still under development and is still in beta, so maps and features are still limited.

to me, TCE is still better. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:33 am 
Master
Master

I play it time-to-time. It's pretty neat for an rpg based shooter game.

The sniper might take awhile to get used to, but it owns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

last thing to add about it. it is good and actually got me playing past midnight the first time I tried it. I only have one complaint about, the snipers are too wussy. There isnt even a big weapon sway making it too easy for anyone to use sniper rifles. well,a tleast thats when I last played it. I didnt want to continue because it will ruin my training in America's Army, where I really has a big improvement with my overall FPS play style. (before I would actually rush and blaze, now I am calm but quick and very accurate. I seldom camp and I charge out more often getting kills by catching the enemy off their guard.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

They need invite codes till july. Anyone have any?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:56 am 
High Master
High Master

Is it free, if it is, looks deffinately worth taking a look at, probably run great on my machine if it's lower end to BF2, worth getting just because of the P90, lol. Hmm, and the panzerfaust, never seen that before. And I took your advice Xeno, forget Alienware, gonna start puting myself one together from scratch, already got my case, it's black, got a clear side, lighted fans, and got little lights up the front, I don't really ever turn the lights on, but it looks cool when you do. I got my graphics card and sound card so far, my graphics card is a GeForce Nvidia 7600, put it in the old one I had, and it looks real good, sound card, no idea, but it sounds real good. Thats all I have so far, so I need to keep getting stuff and it'll be good. :D
Lol, the medic's kind of hot :P

What the heck is an Invitation Code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:47 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well right now Warrock is in beta and schedule ofr july, so you need invites to play right now, its like a closed beta but yo can eb invited by the current players. it used to be an open beta, I used to have an account. I can tell you it plays nearly exactly like BF2. Good for you. If you ever have questions about building, like compatibility issues or jsut to make sure, go to www.firingsquad.com in their forums and ask for help. Thats better than searching the vast internet for the answers at most occassions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:37 am 
High Master
High Master

So in ohter words it's not playable by the public yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:58 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It used to be and it is, but its a closed beta where someone who is already inside must invite you in by giving you a code, but the official frelease according to them wont be long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:19 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I've mentioned WarRock here in the past (my last clan was in WR). It is pretty awesome. It's like a mix of CS and BF2, and I used to play it a lot (until the open beta ended, then my clan split up). I was our clan's heavy weapons guy cuz I somehow figured out all the angling really quickly (I could hit a tank from halfway across the biggest map 2-3 times in a row, till it was dead). It was hilarious to watch the tanks struggle to hit me from that distance, and just to step out of the way of the shot and then make an extremely long-distance follow-up shot (meaning they were moving) and destroy them. Yeah, good times..... good times.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Im normally going solo ina game that I dont oficialy play. Unlike in AA, in other games I am always going solo, with my sniperrifle or a LMG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:04 am 
High Master
High Master

I can't belive that, I tried to play with you, and I was lacking a year of age, pfft, Duggies 18 + server, geez, STILL 17 HERE!! Oh and darn, I really wanted to get that game, it looks like fun, plus it's got the P90 in it, lol, and that Panzerfaust 3!! Yay!!

Btw, are the ironsights usable in this game, or is it crosshairs only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You have got to be kidding. so what if it says over 18 only, Im only 17.

We will jsut have to wait until the official release of Warrock this summer, probably within the same time TCE049 and AA2.7 comes out, so thats three free and good fps games all this summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

<-------- Doesn't have to worry.

<--------- = 19

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:48 am 
High Master
High Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
You have got to be kidding. so what if it says over 18 only, Im only 17.

We will jsut have to wait until the official release of Warrock this summer, probably within the same time TCE049 and AA2.7 comes out, so thats three free and good fps games all this summer.

Lol, I just needed something to yell at you about, I don't really ever read the server rules anyway, I just saw 18+, lol, so I just needed to make fun of ya. :P :lol:

As for the FPS, good, but it could come quicker, you just know it'll show in the middle of august the day I have to go back to school. :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next