All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: snipperrifle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:26 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

HI I was just wondering you guys wanted to know with a snipperrifle u dont need to shoot the enemy on the body but u can kill them bye shooting the ground infront of them ot the wall behind them or even when u see just a rifle sticking out the corner of something u can shoot the barle of the rifle and they should die but maybe not with one shot.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that because the sniperrifle bullets can go through certain surfaces like metal barrel or crates. sometime even aluminum gates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:39 pm 
Master
Master

take a look at this sniper rifle:
http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn46-e.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm 
High Master
High Master

Yes, we all familiar with the lousy hitboxes, and they should (hopefully) be quite a bit better in the next update.

As for the sniper rifles, yes, they can shoot through certain objects. The magnum sniper rifles can even shoot through some thin walls.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

also, something needs to bee changed in tce. apparently sniper bullets go through thick objects sometimes, like crates and stuff. the bullet should have slowed down and stopped. and sometimes the bullets go through what looks like thick steel and still kills me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:21 pm 
Master
Master

kozak6 wrote:
Yes, we all familiar with the lousy hitboxes, and they should (hopefully) be quite a bit better in the next update.

As for the sniper rifles, yes, they can shoot through certain objects. The magnum sniper rifles can even shoot through some thin walls.

some rifles even go through brick walls.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but it tce all the rifles are the same in strength just diff in firing method. maybe each should havea diff amount of power when it comes to going through walls and barriers. if your talking about antimaterial rifles like the barret m82 (or whatever its called) then maybe you can add that, but its purpose is practically useless cause the missions have nothing to do with shooting down o damaging machinery and other stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:25 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

here, a sniper movie on tce:
http://pumpkin.game-server.cc/movie/snipers.wmv
it's fun :lol:

it seems only the R93 specops rifle can shoot through concrete walls, whereas SR-8 of terrorists can not. both rifles use same bullets, .338 LAPUA, and adopt same bolt action systems. where the difference comes from? hmmm....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well in the game, its all in the coding, in reality, i dont really know which guns cn really shoot through walls. but im guessing the "barret m82" can shoot through walls and steel. its a .50cal rifle withhigh rate of fire, so it packes alot of punch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:39 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I think its cool that bullets go through walls. And is it just me, or did this topic's poster have sarcasim? What im trying to say it, I dont find the hitboxes "Large" sometimes i do shoot a weird shot, but most of the time im aiming right at them.

.us|Parker
Xfire: defectinfidel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i do that to. I shoot at people without having to see thier heads, just thier feet, then i just adjust the scope a bit higher, and bam, headshot. but the thing is, these day, the TCE players are getting less and less, and many new players a kinda like jerks (not all but alot) and most of the remaining are anti-sniper or anti-tactical-sharpshooters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:50 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

yea, some people may consider me an ass hole at times, which im not proud of, cause i like to keep things at a respectable level. Anyhow, I remember a while back, i went into a server, i was owning every one, and my team keeped lighting me up, i eventually got soo pissed i started swearing at them, telling them they were stupid ect... :| then, i tried to help, 2 and a half hours later, with my same team, we were owning hard core, just tried to teach them a bit of teamwork, and we did well. They would all go to try to steal eachothers kills and kill eachother in the process, but when i left, i was stunned at there teamwork. Im not saying it was me, but sometimes its good to listen to people,cause they can give you some advice that might help. I pay attention to better players, in regular ET alot, c what kinda tactics i can learn, and I tell you what, ive gotton alot better.

.us|Parker
Xfire: defectinfidel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats why I play AA more often than ET. In America's Army, its more of finishing and accomplishing your objective rather than killing the enemy. Personally, I dont kill hog, I only kill those who literally stick their head out for me. Since most players only care about the number in their score, it makes more sense in AA. In AA, the less you kill and the more you accomplish objectives, the higher the score you get, rather than winning the match by simple eliminating the other team. What would really force teamwork in AA is that no single soldie can run up to the enemy and expect to get back alive, in such a case that you can only survive by staying close to the team. AA is fast paced, by since the physics and speeds are moddeled to simulate reallife by atleast 90% approx., it isnt really easy to run around and expect to get a headshot while running around. It takes more patienc and reflex skills than unloading an entire crate of ammo on an enemy. It normally takes 1-2 shots to kill in AA, and a well placed shot is a sure kill. Because of that, people normally cant tell apart the difference between a camper and an assaulter as easily compared to ET. In AA, youll find yourself in a situation where if you stand up and run means youll end up watching the rest of the match finish. The key there is teamplay, if by anychance that happens to you, there would and alway should be a teammate outthere ready to take out anything the threatens the team as a whole.

Back to TCE, the biggest problem in TCE teamplay is that a single soldier with a good aim, and good hardware can actually win the entire match by himself... that is something you cant do in America's Army, and in reallife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:41 pm 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
the biggest problem in TCE teamplay is that a single soldier with a good aim, and good hardware can actually win the entire match by himself... that is something you cant do in America's Army, and in reallife.

amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

:) atleast some people agree.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next