Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:32 am 
Master
Master

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/images ... ?id=501819

lookin good.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

do you mean "minas tirith" the really big ET map based on Return of the King? well, i guess thats the best map to use drivable tanks. id like to see one drive right off the top courtyard (the highest area)

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:06 pm 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
do you mean "minas tirith" the really big ET map based on Return of the King? well, i guess thats the best map to use drivable tanks. id like to see one drive right off the top courtyard (the highest area)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its crazy i know. in UT2004, i drive trucks off cliffs and land them on unsuspecting victims. and still get points... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:29 pm 
Master
Master

my absolute favourite is the scorpion. i could drive at top speed and send another dude flyin miles into the air(with lowgrav), or i could slice him up. i remember i was playing this onslaught match online with another friend, we were communicating, he was in raptor and i was in scorpion, we pretty much pwned everything but then this noob decided to become airborne 101 with a redeemer and we both got fragged. i ironed him back with a lethiavan though. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, ya. thats what ET could use, some drivable vehicle. even better if you could fly. Thing is, the Quake engine isnt really meant for such scale. it might take a little engine rewritting to get large scale maps to work smoothly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:07 am 
Master
Master

problem is these engines are old, and cannot compare to newer, more powerful engines like Source, Doom3, CryEngine, that new megatexture technology for et:quakewars, and of course the Unreal Engine 3. the et engine was designed for ordinary shooter combat, and maybe a couple preset vehicles with preset routes. the good thing about it was that it had an awesome mission system, something i dont understand why G6 havent made full use of yet.(well the vip mode is pretty cool but its pretty standard in et.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah, that is the thing. its gonna take quite some reprogramming to get super large maps to work in et and tce. but in ET, there are some fan made maps that a quite large to a scale, actually, very large, but in a realism modern mod, its gonna be quite hard to have an entire city quadrant in one map right. its most likely gonna crash the game than give us uber-lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:58 am 
Master
Master

well small maps would be nice, all those FAKEASS N00B SNIPERS would be happy right? not like real snipers that like hugeass maps 8)
*i-need-a-broader-vocab* 10 year old noobs :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i checked wikipedia. snipers are longrange marksmen, who deal with assassinating opfor officers and damaging enemy equiptment, also causing negative morale. in TCE, we have sharpshooters, who extend the reach and range of infantry squads, namely, urban tactics, CQC to midrange marksmen who can shoot targets at istances of 700m somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:29 pm 
Master
Master

i remember recently i was at a lan party somewhere in hong kong( where i live), and a whole buncha peeps were panzering and sniping each other on this map, dunno what its called, but you had to steal a cd and you could ride a helicopter n stuff. and it was BLOODY HUGE!!!!!!. at least 6 times the size of an onslaught(ut2k4) map!! thing was i kept falling off. then we had diving competitions!! the nazis base had a big bath tub near it and we would just leap off!! FUN!! FLYING KRAUTS!
but then we got to business and pwned some yanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:08 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

None of the maps out now for TCE are worthy of sniping because its either too foggy or not big enough.

If I could figure out how to make it so people can download my maps before they play, I'll submit some of my maps that are meant for all sniping.

Aren't I generous. :roll:

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well,technically, you call it sharpshooting. Im not being a smartass but there is a difference between actually snipers, police snipers, and sharpshooters. Sharpshooters aid a fireteam or squad. SNipers do reconaissance and extremely long range covert operations. Police Snipers are actually sharshooters since the distacne they normally (in cities building to building)shoot at doesnt even count as long range marksmanship.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3