All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: weapons list for .49
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:35 am 
Master
Master

allow me to make a list of the current weapons we know about and which team they will be on(note that the weaponloadout is strikingly similar to counterstrike in terms of weapons):
cops will have, in no particular order:
benelli m3, m16, m4, m4sopmod, mp5navy, mp5sd, ump45, mossberg590compactcruiser, psg1, colt spr, and r93.
terrorists will get:
ak47(duh), sig552, ak74modded, spas12, mac10,mac10sd,ak74, ak74bg150(silenced), mossberg590, sig550, m76,sr8.
pistols: beretta 92fs, glock 17 and deagle.
new weapons:fn scar H/L, groza, p90?, famas, fal, mk23, g36,g3 and aug para etc, etc..

and maybe a couple weapon balances?
since the dev's want to even the balance the gap btween mp5 and mac10, you could either:
have a colt commando for cops and ak74 for terro;
or a tmp for cops and mac10 for terro.
the p90 and fal, i suppose the bizon will balance p90
alotta people have said that they want m4 as standard.. i wont talk about that.
feel free to insult me or wtever..
btw a revolver that fires .45 long colt would be nice. :twisted:

Last edited by flyhead(cn) on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:01 am 
Marksman
Marksman

You forgot the Steyr Aug Para ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:58 am 
Master
Master

I think the concept of "balancing" weapons is a craptastic notion; good game design and a serious approach to scale obviates it... Even in action/arcade games I've scaled weapon metrics that aren't in the least "balanced" as in the Counter-Strike homogenous, oatmeal,bland and all the same approach to "balancing" with simplistic impulse time/damage and everything spraying like shotguns 'seat of the pants' design... Barf!

You're dead on Flyhead, the load-out is a virtual clone of Counter-Strike, if not literally certainly in concept and the game aesthetic it suggests... I sure hope this isn't an omen of more uninspired "Let's make ANOTHER Counter-Strike clone!" -- that would just be sad...

Δ

Post subject: woah piggy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:02 am 
Master
Master

the really awesome thing about quake and unreal was that it was damned simple and both sides and the same weapons. that meant fair competition YAY!! btw i was playing tce, and i was crawling through the snow, when i got fragged by a sniper ffs. then i decided to play ut2k4. the change in game speed was so abrupt i was unable to even get a kill for thirty minutes. then i settled and pwned with the flakky and red33ma. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:06 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Truely enlightening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:02 am 
Master
Master

lol just emphasizing the fact that i like tce to be slow, not fastass jump fraggin like quake or cs or unreal. btw frag ops(mod for ut) has the same annoying reload system. if you reloaded a say, famas or mp7 the mag would disappear into nothingness and the next mag slapped in. that way if you reloaded with 29 bullets in the mag you lost 29 bullets. suxx :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]