All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: possibly the key to success in tc:e
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:41 am 
Master
Master

to me, i think that to be good in tc:e, you might need some of the following things in mind:
1. don't rush like a dumb rambo, you'll get shot by chosn1 or wu wei or any other fast aimers in seconds.
2.pick a smart weapon. just want any n00bs out there to know that spas12 isnt for sniping, and m76 isnt the perfect qcb gun( well if you get lucky shots, by all means. )
3. stay cool and aim for the head when under fire. since most guns kill quickly, try to get the jump on your opponent.
4. guns have recoil, tc:e is no exception. aim for the upper chest in full auto, and neck in burst.
5. to me, getting a headshot is something to feel good about. but for others, its simply a faster way to kill.
6. teamwork. lone wolves rarely succeed, unless you have silenced weapons and can aim well. teamwork saves your ass and kicks the enemys.
7. utilize the environment to your advantage. use STEEL boxes and barrels for cover, and even if you're gonna run n gun, stop, equip your ironsights and peer around the corner before advancing.
8. if someone camps, either kick him or snipe him down. or, flash and shoot.
9. if you're getting killed in the same place, same guy, same gun, take a alternate route and shoot the bastard to death.
10. COVER your teammates and they'll cover you. that way even if oyu tk them, they might not file complaints.
lol that is all i have to say, some of you might find me sad but what the heck.. :P :P :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:30 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
1. don't rush like a dumb rambo, you'll get shot by chosn1 or wu wei or any other fast aimers in seconds.

I dissagree, I was never left bihind, I am always first as a recon with MAC10 or MP5SD and I kill 3 or 4 people who are trying to get to their camp points, I hate to wait and this tactics has never failed me when ever I play (As most would say who ever played on <TCF> server with me).

There's got to be the Rush, Key point here is that the Element Of Surprise, no one is prepared for it, except you.

Job of a recon is to plant the bomb, it is others concern to protect you, NOT YOURS.

If you dont like to plant/defuse bomb, that is fare enough though, but I like to get 12-15 score in the Mission.

Doesn't work with bodycount all the time though...

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject: Re: possibly the key to success in tc:e
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:20 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

flyhead(cn) wrote:
8. if someone camps, either kick him or snipe him down. or, flash and shoot.

You were on a roll until #8, kind of, and #1. Most of those are pretty good, you're using your head now :P . However, you say dont rush, and dont camp, what do you want people to do, just walk aimlessly around the map? Personally, i do a little of everything. Most of the time im running around the map like a madman, sometimes i find a nice little spot and get a few kills there an move. Even when sniping, i dont like to stay in the same spot to long.

So, if someone camps, dont kick them, dont whine, just find a way to kill them. You can flank them 90% of the time. Its not hard to kill campers at all, just stop doing the same thing or going the same way. Theres always alternative routes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:23 am 
Master
Master

lol i wish destructable objects were available.. i could shoot a barel and itd land on the camper.. i think you should rush when you have a decent weapon like m4 or ak or anything auto. with m16, i usually wait till my teammates are a bit ahead of me then i cover the rear. then sometimes, like 1 out of 500 times, i go on a kiling spree, usually in a n00b server.
:P :P :P :P :P :P i have never flashed and killed an enemy before, cos i always get flashed myself no matter how much i turn away or hide around corner or wtf. plus killing people in cold blood dont sound too nice dunnit? i suppose the only good thing about objective is if if you shot that guy, he stays down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I flash and blind and kill people all the time, but half the time i do end up flashing myself some, even if its thru a concrete wall or a box :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:55 am 
High Master
High Master

I can't ever seem to implement flash-bangs properly. No one ever seems to be the least bit blinded by them whenever I throw one. What is their effective radius?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:44 am 
Master
Master

well i think the radius is as long as you are in the line of sight, and distance determines how long. i think flashbangs should be like, an option, like if you give up smoke n flash you could get extra clip or weapon or stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The key to flashbangs is to rush in as SOON as it explodes/pops/bangs. Sometimes it only blinds people barely for a second or 2. So you have to get them when they cant see too well. I see people throw a flash, then wait, then run in like 5-10 seconds later, and die lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:58 am 
Master
Master

LOL 5-10 SECONDS?!?!?! well unless he was prone lol! but!! i have seen people either: shoot wildy and score a lucky kill, or completely unaffected by the flash, or they were flashed and then ignored. i once saw this guy who was flashed, and he camped there waiting for the flasher to show up, and he waited for 20 minutes before realising he was sad. i think that even if you get flashed, retreat as far as you can, and dont shoot. shooting wildy confirms the flasher that you HAVE been flashed, and he/she will then move in for the kill. btw dont you just loveit when people get killed by smoke?

Post subject: Re: possibly the key to success in tc:e
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:26 pm 
Expert
Expert

flyhead(cn) wrote:
to me, i think that to be good in tc:e, you might need some of the following things in mind:

I couldnt of said it better myself. This is actually my stategy....now you know :oops:

Flyheads advice is really good. These aremostly principles of which i fight by. Take his advice, and modify it to fit you.

Flashing is an art, i think, If you do it right, youll be able to blind people you didnt expect to be near. But you have to hold the fuse, so it flashes instantly. This is a very hard considering f you do it mildly wrong, youll get either the full effect, or a 1-2 second blinding. Either way your chances are drasticly decreased of killing a blinded person.

I really love it when people flash and dont follow...what the hell are they thinking?~?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I think rushing is a great tactic (well at this moment in tce, im not sure how it will fit in with later releases) me and my friends rush at start to get the 'high ground' its very useful on maps such as hideout and railyard - either team. Getting the high ground as it were is a very useful aproach to battle, if u can get to say to one side of bridge on railyard before enemy comes from other - u have advantage from high and from the people coming onto bridge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:42 am 
Master
Master

lol it seems that rushing is a good tactic :P actually i think there are 2 types of camping, the first one is in the start of the game where you rush to get to the good spots, the second is later in the game where you just rush out and run n gun. i will try to camp more :P ps dont you think the mp5 us much better than mac10??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

They hae their positives and negatives...
Mp5: fast, accurate
mac10: extremely fast, powerful, unaccurate...But range of veiw when you have the iron sights on is bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:20 am 
Expert
Expert

The mp5 imo is better suited for medium to short ranges. It can work over long ranges, but sometimes the iron sight can get in the way.

The Mac10 is by absolutely no means a noob weapon as most people seem to think. It's ROF alone is faster than any other gun out there and will easily put down anyone with an mp5 in close combat... The thing is the mac10 is suited for closecquaters only... it can do medium but as it lacks a decent ironsight it can be very hard. Even on single... (Saying that I've seen someone snipe with a mac10 on single and kill 3 snipers in a row on Hideout xD) So yeah, mp5 is for most assualt situations, and can be used for the slightly longer ranges... the mac10 is the hit and run gun... as in when you shoot someone with the mac10 for at least 2 seconds thats about 20 rounds... He stays down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:02 pm 
Expert
Expert

<TCF>Buschman wrote:
So yeah, mp5 is for most assualt situations, and can be used for the slightly longer ranges... the mac10 is the hit and run gun... as in when you shoot someone with the mac10 for at least 2 seconds thats about 20 rounds... He stays down.

I agree. Mac10 is great for sneaking around and assasinating an unsuspecting sniper, or flanking a specop from the rear.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next