All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:37 am 
Expert
Expert

Would have been handier to know it more then one day in advance, but I'll try to see what I can do.

Does ETTV have PB enabled? I thought not, please confirm :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:53 am 
Master
Master

pb disabled, should work for u. and yea im sorry it wasnt announced earlier but it wasnt easy, we didnt get all info early enough (matchtime, maps,...) and teh setup of ettv brought some problems at first too. it isnt really teh best time to get a lot of viewers either, but thats always difficult with such timezone differences....

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:31 am 
Master
Master

Who wants to watch us noob it up anyway.. 0o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:38 am 
Expert
Expert

ME! :) :)

Nah, I'm expecting a nice match if I can see it at that time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:43 am 
Expert
Expert

Baal wrote:
Who wants to watch us noob it up anyway.. 0o

That's the attitude baby :D:D

Don t worry ...just suck less than i did yesterday and u ll get out with honors :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:56 pm 
Expert
Expert

was a nice match to follow, good comming back from sef but 1 round was enough in the end.

GG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:39 pm 
Master
Master

http://warleagues.com/game/viewSection.do?gameId=57014

and the winner is...

... CoolBoys. Congratulation to *CBs* for their victory over [SeF] in an exciting match. Northport was dominated 7-3 by *CBs* but there was still hope when [SeF] played as specops on Depot and the score was 10-7, they had a chance to tie and play the tiebreaker but unfortunately for them *CBs* won a close round(11-7) and thus the winner was decided already. Nevertheless [SeF] did not give up and secured the last two rounds leading to the final score of *CBs* 11 - 9 [SeF]. Although still waiting for the bronze match we can say already that this was a great Cup and I hope that we'll have another one (or maybe a ladder) after the NationsCup.
#1 *CBs*
#2 [SeF]
#3 ? (either ]FORCE[ or =]X-BlooD[=)

some comments on the match:
WingZero:
They had a better team play than us on northport. We weren't prepared for their awesome rushes.
we were unlucky on depot, also many mistakes. I myself made a mistake that probably caused the tie-breaker on this map :(

Classical:
Since we first won on Northport, we had a mental advantage and thus it was easier for us to move to the 2nd map. If we would have played Depot first, the result would have probably been different. It was very a good and exciting match. GG

Ruri( 'o')9:
i love all tc:e players! <3

Shelly:
I didn't get many good kills, SeF members are so strong and we had to practice Depot as we did not know the spots on that map well. Overall a great match, thanks.

Ba'al:
I'd like to thank Community Coffee, without it, I wouldn't have woken up for 8am match, and *Tc* for getting dropped or else we might not have moved on :)
It was close match, a bit messy on our part, but it was like that every game. Looking forward to next time.

mofo:
CBs has obviously a better team-play, they knew what to do when we were still wondering where to go before every round. We werent prepared to play such an aggressive and skilled team, I wish I could play them more often. I think they worked more than us to win this and they deserved it.

Big thanks to all wl admins and other supporters helping me out and of course to Diane for putting up the news every time :)
Hope to see you all around on servers and be prepared for the next time, we'll be back! :D

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Last edited by SnaKeS3K on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

congratulations coolboys! thx for the tournument snake even if i didnt play. I hope we gonna do another cup after NC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:06 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

GG 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:50 am 
Master
Master

Yes i think we all can say a big thanks to snake because he took part to this event on any steps, without involved people like him it wouldnt be possible.

I personally prefer the ladder thing (like on esl) because it was providing more matches, but . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 am 
Expert
Expert

]Wo0[ wrote:
Yes i think we all can say a big thanks to snake because he took part to this event on any steps, without involved people like him it wouldnt be possible.

I personally prefer the ladder thing (like on esl) because it was providing more matches, but . . .

i dunno exactly how the ladder works but i think it requires an active game with active clans unlike tce xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 am 
Expert
Expert

no no no not a ladder again... we had that on esl and its not working, teams are going inactive and the ladder dies. We didnt have a winner on the esl ladder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 am 
Expert
Expert

tbh does there have to be a winner in a ladder?

CB ladders doesnt have a winner either, just a number 1, and awards for being number 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am 
Expert
Expert

The biggest problem with ladders is that there is no set matches. It's just like getting a funwar. Also as we saw in the ESL ladder, the top 6 teams most likely never even played against each other since they feared of loosing. Also squads in the same clan never played each other. The ladder was "won" by simply playing the bottom 4 teams init.

For ladder to work you need a big/huge community, and even then I think it is flawed since you can get to the top without never playing any of the top teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 am 
Expert
Expert

CB stops that by the rankings.

In example team A has 915 points and team B has 1201 points, team A will win much more points when having a win against team B and team A will lose much more points against an opponent with much less points. This stimulates teams to play against team with something of a more the same rank, thus high ranked teams vs high ranked teams and low ranked teams vs low ranked teams. So that stops the point of high ranked teams not playing against each other. Also a set amount of time a team must play a match in to avoid an inactivity penalty so you can't just go to number 1 and not play anymore.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next